* * * - - 2 votes

3 months Netflix free ps plus members YMMV

#31 Jurai  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:34 PM

No one is going to give a free code, even if you're an active subscriber it gives you a three month credit.  Stop being a beggar.  It's sad and pathetic.

I didn't get a code/credit, sony never sends me these things

#32 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:37 PM

Didn't get it. Though, my email for PSN and Netflix are different, which might have to do with it.

I've never used Netflix before and I got a code.  Sony's promotion criteria are a mystery.

#33 srac84  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:38 PM

I'll trade for any codes for a $3 psn credit.. i know i know its not as much but if you're not going to use it anyways i'll trade rather than take it free :)..thanks! inbox me

#34 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:50 PM

Not cool. I never get emails from them.

NEVER. I never get the Playstation Deals that others get. I don’t get it

#35 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

Heads up: you can use multiple codes. Redeemed two so far myself.

How did you redeem two? I redeemed one already. If I try the same email it says I already got a code. If I try different emails it says not eligible

#36 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:14 AM

I have PSN plus for years and have marketing emails on and not eligible. I never get any of the Sony promotions. 

#37 element676   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

element676

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:07 AM

I get the emails, but my email contained nothing about any Netflix offer. When I clicked the link and tried to redeem with my email said, I was not eligible.

And as much shit as I have bought from PSN. Figures, they wouldn’t send me shit, they never do,

#38 fmills15   Silent Professional CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

Gone

#39 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:49 AM

I don't get it, why would Netflix give away 3 free months to anyone?  I'm 100% sure they have never done this before.

Are they suddenly struggling, or not growing?  

Are they going the way of MoviePass (dying)?

Is this some sort of conspiracy? 

#40 demonOda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:51 AM

Darn. Didn't get any code. I am guessing you have to be currently subbed to PSN+ to be eligible. Oh well. If anyone has a spare code, i'll be happy to take it off your hands. 

#41 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1142 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:57 AM

I don't get it, why would Netflix give away 3 free months to anyone? I'm 100% sure they have never done this before.

Are they suddenly struggling, or not growing?

Are they going the way of MoviePass (dying)?

Is this some sort of conspiracy?

Not a chance, just a user acquisition strategy. There's a strategy, and they probably picked specific users.

#42 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:15 AM

Not a chance, just a user acquisition strategy. There's a strategy, and they probably picked specific users.

I bet its a ton of people though.  And 3 months.  I think they've only given out 1 month trials before this. 

#43 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:02 AM

Not really sure what the user acquisition strategy would be.  I've been a Netflix member for like a decade, since they only had the DVD plan, and I use the same email for Netflix and PSN.  So they basically just paid my Netflix bill for 3 months. *shrug*

#44 Jurai  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:41 AM

Yeah I don't know what logic there is here

#45 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1142 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, it's ridiculous who they picked. I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake. I'm just pretty sure they're not going the way of MoviePass, as the post I responded to suggested.

#46 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1935 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

The begging here is pathetic, slickdeals type behavior.

No one is going to give away a $33 voucher for free.

#47 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

Got the email and had no problem applying the $33 credit to my wife’s netflix account (different email). :D

#48 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

i don't use Netflix but i have a code, anybody want to trade just message me

#49 BIGTom-  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

Not sure, but there might be a problem with redemption right now.  I got the offer from Sony and when I try to redeem, it launches Netflix webpage with the words "NetflixCode" in the code redemption textbox..?  And obviously "NetflixCode" is not an eligible code lol.

#50 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2778 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

I have PSN plus for years and have marketing emails on and not eligible. I never get any of the Sony promotions. 

Yeah, same here. it's a mystery

#51 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Not sure, but there might be a problem with redemption right now.  I got the offer from Sony and when I try to redeem, it launches Netflix webpage with the words "NetflixCode" in the code redemption textbox..?  And obviously "NetflixCode" is not an eligible code lol.

Same for me. I contacted Customer Service via chat and they said they are aware of the issue and hope to resolve it within a day. No further info on how they'll identify people who received broken codes, delivery method, delivery window, etc. It was a frustrating 30 minutes with almost no resolution.

#52 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44062 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Figures... my PS+ expired last week

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#53 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

Figures... my PS+ expired last week

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't matter anyway. Most folks who haven't gotten it been a PS+ User like me since 2012.

#54 ritchardf  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

here is the link from slick deals to see if you are eligible

#55 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

I've had a continuous PS+ subscription since it's launch on PS3 and have marketing emails turned on. I've never gotten any of the PS Store credits or anything in the past, not once. However, the Netflix credit is the first one I've ever gotten. Was able to add $33 to my account.

And Jesus, the people bitching about "how much I spend on PSN and I never get anything." We get it, we have all spent thousands on PSN too.

#56 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, it's ridiculous who they picked. I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake. I'm just pretty sure they're not going the way of MoviePass, as the post I responded to suggested.

I wonder if most people that got targeted have stopped subscribing and also have a history of not cancelling trials?  LOL, hey something like that is possible and I'm sure easy for them to track. 

#57 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:17 PM

It's not much of an offer, but would trade a 10% off Dell.com coupon for this code (pm reply if interested)

#58 DSBrad  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:21 PM

I wonder if most people that got targeted have stopped subscribing and also have a history of not cancelling trials?  LOL, hey something like that is possible and I'm sure easy for them to track. 

Well I did cancel my Netflix about 3 or 4 months ago so there might be something to that. 

#59 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:48 PM

I'm calling the police, I didn't get one.

#60 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:19 AM

Got the email and had no problem applying the $33 credit to my wife’s netflix account (different email). :D

Thanks for verifying that this works!