* * * * - 16 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | GameStop Ad Posted!

#571 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:55 AM

How early would you all recommend should you start waiting in line at Best Buy for the PS4 deal.

Last time I actually went to a store for Black Friday was when they had that GTA V/Last of Us PS4 bundle in 2014. There was a mountain of consoles behind the cashiers. I didn't line up at all, just went in right after it opened and got the bundle. There were plenty left afterward. I returned it later because Target had a way better cartwheel deal on PS4s not too long after that. And I made sure to redeem the Last of Us remastered code before doing so. Nobody noticed or cared, they just wanted the GTA V disc. I live in Manhattan though so YMMV, they get tons of stock in the city and the lines are reasonable. No zombie apocalypse stuff going on here, things are civil for the most part.

#572 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

Best Buy movies have now been added.

#573 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:06 AM

Well this sucks.  All of the ads are up now and the only game on my wish list that's on sale is Kingdom Come Deliverance.  This is the most disappointing Black Friday for games in years.

#574 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5564 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:10 AM

Seriously, there just won't be any PS4 pro sales?

#575 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

Man, most of the games for the Switch I wanted are not showing up in any ad.

Wolfenstein II
Resident Evil Collections
Dark Souls
Diablo III

Diablo just came out so that is not surprising but the others came out months ago.

I am debating getting Starlink but the digital is a better deal than physical because you get more ships and pilots.

RE Revelations 1 & 2 is on sale in the eshop

#576 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4646 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:22 AM

Has anyone seen any deals on the Smash Bros special edition console? Any like general coupons or anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#577 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4254 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:38 AM

This is gonna sound random, but does anyone know if the DXRacer gaming chairs ever go on sale during the holidays? I've been wanting to get one, not sure if I should shell out the price, they're like $300+, but I will if they ever go on sale.

And has anyone here tried one? Are they that much better than typical office chairs you can buy on Amazon or Walmart?

#578 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

Does psn, xbox live, or eshop ever have digital black Friday sales?

Xbox Live always holds a sale that week. I'm fairly certain PlayStation Network will follow suit, but the discounts have pretty much been the same on both platforms lately. And I don't own a Switch so I can't say what Nintendo will be doing.

#579 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Kind of surprised and sad there is no deal on Jurrasic World: Evolution

#580 Corrik   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:45 AM

Well this sucks. All of the ads are up now and the only game on my wish list that's on sale is Kingdom Come Deliverance. This is the most disappointing Black Friday for games in years.

Is GameStop up yet? I am disappointed dark souls remastered is not on any lists tho. I have waited patiently for that.

#581 Thunderbolt7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Thunderbolt7

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

This is gonna sound random, but does anyone know if the DXRacer gaming chairs ever go on sale during the holidays? I've been wanting to get one, not sure if I should shell out the price, they're like $300+, but I will if they ever go on sale.

And has anyone here tried one? Are they that much better than typical office chairs you can buy on Amazon or Walmart?

Yes! I got mine in 2015 for under $300. Original Racing series, sale was on both DXRacer's site and Newegg.

#582 Chemicalgamer01   Huge R&C fan CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Chemicalgamer01

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:18 AM

So far this year once again my money is going to best buy. Past few years have been a mixed bag of BB, target, and gamestop, hoping gamestops ad will be good this year.

#583 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

Can’t wait to see what early access sales Best Buy has over next few weeks. Hopefully I can avoid going to the store BF weekend

#584 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:57 AM

Anyone tried getting a galaxy phone for black Friday at either target, walmart, or best buy? Can you do it online? Or do you need to wait in line black friday?

#585 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:32 AM

Anyone tried getting a galaxy phone for black Friday at either target, walmart, or best buy? Can you do it online? Or do you need to wait in line black friday?

I've def bought iPhones on Thanksgiving at best buy online. Peice of cake, and you can still go in store after the fact if you need hands on assistance, like data transfer or putting on screen protectors properly. Any reason you would be concerned about buying online?

#586 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:50 AM

Man, most of the games for the Switch I wanted are not showing up in any ad.

Very underwhelming. I bought a Switch 2 months ago and have been waiting for these sales to purchase more games. 

Where's Mario Kart/Party/Odyssey? Splatoon 2 or even Zelda BOTW? I can't believe I'm waiting for Gamestop to come through for me :lol:

I know there will be more deals closer to Christmas but I'm tired of waiting :-({|=

#587 Atomized   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Atomized

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:42 AM

I was looking for three specific games this year.  Hitman Definitive, Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, and XCOM 2: Complete.  Best Buy came through on 2 of them.  But I see no stores at all putting XCOM2 Complete on sale.  I would love it if I was wrong and somebody could show me the way.

#588 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

I was looking for three specific games this year. Hitman Definitive, Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, and XCOM 2: Complete. Best Buy came through on 2 of them. But I see no stores at all putting XCOM2 Complete on sale. I would love it if I was wrong and somebody could show me the way.

XCOM 2 Collection is on sale for $35 during the GameStop Pro Day sale this weekend.

#589 Atomized   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Atomized

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

Oh man, thank you. I was just looking through that.  I'd get two pages in and get side tracked.  Little more than I want to pay for it but I might bite the bullet anyway. Thanks again.

#590 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

So do the deals so far seem rather underwhelming? I guess if you want a PS4 the Spider-Man bundle is great but aside from that even the game deals are meh. I don't even see Spider-Man itself on sale for any decent price.

The worst part about sale hunting is the job it becomes.

#591 Frag Waffles   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Frag Waffles

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:49 AM

Is it that time of year again??

Gotta say, the deals are looking a little soft this year. I can usually skim a list or ad and have a handful of deals really pop out at me. Not really getting that this year. Could be that at Black Friday time, all I really look for are the sub $20 titles. 

Nevertheless, I like Detroit for $20, DBZ for $17, Farcry for $20 and a maybe for Burnout at $10. I might also have to grab MW:R for $15, love that campaign. I'm temped to bite at MH: World for $17 but gosh, I remember playing the beta and thinking how miserably slow and sluggish the combat was.

Man, such a bummer that GCU doesn't stack, though. I remember when it did, good times. 

#592 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4254 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

Yes! I got mine in 2015 for under $300. Original Racing series, sale was on both DXRacer's site and Newegg.

How is the chair?

#593 PIZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

#594 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Soon as GameStop Black Friday ad is posted I’ll be lookin our for a spreadsheet of games from all major retailers

#595 PIZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

I got 4 Galaxy phones last year from Best Buy on Black Friday or around BF. Got them all online, but had to buy them separately. It was fairly easy.

#596 Sielanas  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Bought a Clutch Chairz recently that they had on clearance(the New Day), my wife and I love it. If you don't want the full price, check out an Ikea Markuss (which I got on FB marketplace for $80). She uses that in her craft room since I have the Clutch in my office.

Glad to see a good amount of 4k discs on decent sale, sad that some are the same price as last year. Curious what Matrix collection will be - BB pictured it but it's not in the spreadsheet.

#597 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

I was looking for three specific games this year.  Hitman Definitive, Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, and XCOM 2: Complete.  Best Buy came through on 2 of them.  But I see no stores at all putting XCOM2 Complete on sale.  I would love it if I was wrong and somebody could show me the way.

Xcom 2 Complete is also on sale for $35 at Wal Mart Black Friday.

#598 ritchardf  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

thanks, stole your spreadsheet and put it on SD for the rep

j/k

#599 Atomized   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Atomized

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Xcom 2 Complete is also on sale for $35 at Wal Mart Black Friday.

Awesome thanks for the heads up.

#600 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Black_Friday_blog_v01.jpg

Don't think this has been posted in either thread yet. Seems like they want to get a head start on getting people their stuff before Thursday this year. :D