* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#751 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

Looking forward to the battle of the brands, Red v Blue 2018

Last year, i think blue kept more of my money. Best Buy & Wally World got most of my moneys.

gamestop didn't send me the rebates for the "free" x360. I returned the two x360s.

#752 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

Is the Spider-man game physical or digital in the bundle? I can't seem to find an answer.

#753 Epic_Bean  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

Well based on the flyer it looks to be physical, usually it will say digital code with purchase somewhere if its digital.

#754 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

Correct. 

Damn, was hoping to trade my $200 Walmart PS4 to get Spiderman for almost nothing before GS starts selling their bundle

#755 jenetic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

Damn, was hoping to trade my $200 Walmart PS4 to get Spiderman for almost nothing before GS starts selling their bundle

Trade it now. Save the credit and buy on sunday.

#756 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

Good bye OG PS4 we had a lot of good times together.

#757 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:53 PM

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: $24.99 Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. Edition

Is this an error? Its coming to switch?

#758 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14234 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

It's not the full BF ad and it's "pre" because it starts sunday. Frankly, I'd like to avoid going to any store on BF so starting early is nice to me. 

No, it would be pre-BF if it started Sunday and ended Wednesday, like all pre-BF ads do. This runs until CM which to me says that these are the BF deals and we're just starting them early like BB is doing with their early access deals, etc.

#759 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:15 PM

Will other stores price match the Gamestop ad since it starts well before Black Friday?  I'd love to get Astro Bot for $20 but I'd prefer not to buy from Gamestop.

#760 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14234 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:17 PM

Will other stores price match the Gamestop ad since it starts well before Black Friday?  I'd love to get Astro Bot for $20 but I'd prefer not to buy from Gamestop.

YMMV I'm sure; I was thinking about trying to PM one of the controllers since it's $1 less than BB's ad on BF. Guess all we can do is try.

#761 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

I called GameStop today and they are clueless. The guy didn't even know there was a 1TB Spider-Man bundle for the holiday and he didn't know if they would even have the deal at $199. If every other store is promoting it how do you not even know? This is Sony's deal, not really a store deal.

I am getting anxiety thinking the trade-in value for the OG PS4 is going to drop before I get the chance to box it up and take it in. If this sale starts Sunday they are going to restrict the amount of bundles if they even have them in at that point. 

#762 Big Wang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

Is it possible to enable filtering on the games sheet in the google spreadsheet?

#763 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:02 AM

I called GameStop today and they are clueless. The guy didn't even know there was a 1TB Spider-Man bundle for the holiday and he didn't know if they would even have the deal at $199. If every other store is promoting it how do you not even know? This is Sony's deal, not really a store deal.

I am getting anxiety thinking the trade-in value for the OG PS4 is going to drop before I get the chance to box it up and take it in. If this sale starts Sunday they are going to restrict the amount of bundles if they even have them in at that point.

I’m feeling the same as you bro

#764 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

Will other stores price match the Gamestop ad since it starts well before Black Friday? I'd love to get Astro Bot for $20 but I'd prefer not to buy from Gamestop.

Request price match at Bestbuy with individual listing on GS.com rather than go by showing them the ad, (assuming price reflected automatically and not in cart or at check out), won't attract Black Friday alarm with those ill-informed reps.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#765 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

Request price match at Bestbuy with individual listing on GS.com rather than go by showing them the ad, (assuming price reflected automatically and not in cart or at check out), won't attract Black Friday alarm with those ill-informed reps.

Does Best Buy price match Gamestop?  It's not one of the retailers listed on their website.

#766 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10668 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

I was hoping to see something with a PS4 Pro bundle. Oh well

#767 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:46 AM

:xb1: :ps4: :switch:

$24.99

Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. Edition

Is this an error? Its coming to switch?

I didn't see a listing for switch.

#768 jenetic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:56 AM

No, it would be pre-BF if it started Sunday and ended Wednesday, like all pre-BF ads do. This runs until CM which to me says that these are the BF deals and we're just starting them early like BB is doing with their early access deals, etc.

No, there are plenty of "pre" BF ads that continue through BF.  You are misinterpreting what "pre" means. There will be more to the actual BF ad.

#769 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

Does Best Buy price match Gamestop? It's not one of the retailers listed on their website.

This would fall under local competitor, there need to be a GS within ~20 miles of your local BBY store.

#770 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

This would fall under local competitor, there need to be a GS within ~20 miles of your local BBY store.

Excellent, thank you!

#771 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

Excellent, thank you!

Also like to add, since this is local vs local, they will compare stores inventory for availability, not online stock.

#772 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:08 AM

Trade it now. Save the credit and buy on sunday.

Don't have it yet... That's the problem

#773 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:32 AM

Does anyone know if they issue the Wal-Mart gift card's for iPhone purchases right away? Lost my iPhone In a lake at the end of summer. Been waiting for the new iPhone X to come out before buying a new one. If they issue the gift cards right away, I could pick up another Xbox One X for just $100. Was already planning on picking up one of the bundles so this could save me $300. Would be a nice pick up!

#774 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:44 AM

I know that certain stores (like Target) can lock out gift cards for 24hrs (or until the following day) to be able to use them after issue.  Not sure of Walmart's policy, though. 

#775 VintageSTX  

VintageSTX

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:03 AM

Surprised we have heard nothing about SOTC and Dark Souls Remastered.

Otherwise, I am generally satisfied with this BF so far. Hopefully more deals will be available that were not in the ads.

#776 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:09 AM

That robot game probably won't be much cheaper anywhere else, right? I'll probably pick it up at Gamestop since $20 seems like a good price, and people have been raving about it.

Might trade in my blue DS3 for a new color, idk yet. The PS Anniversary one is the actual one suffering from natural wear and tear/shorter battery life, but definitely not trading that in at GS.

#777 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:19 AM

So annoyed. In my haste to Initialize my PS4 to trade it in it took fucking forever. The system tells you 1 Hour, but it took 2 Hours and I don't even have many games on it. At 1 minute left it took 4 minutes. Who programmed this shit? I blame Final Fantasy HDD Eating XV.

So now I never made it in time to trade the system in and tomorrow it could drop in value. It would be nice if another store had high trade in value and trying to sell it locally is not time efficient. If I knew GameStop would have their sales starting Sunday I would have had this thing ready to go.  :shame:

#778 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:23 AM

I have added the Gamestop Preview Black Friday sale to this spreadsheet.

Edit: I have added a dropbox link to the change log! You can now download the current state of the sheet at the time of this post there! There will be a final revision update to the dropbox link when we come closer to Black Friday itself!

#779 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:38 AM

So annoyed. In my haste to Initialize my PS4 to trade it in it took fucking forever. The system tells you 1 Hour, but it took 2 Hours and I don't even have many games on it. At 1 minute left it took 4 minutes. Who programmed this shit? I blame Final Fantasy HDD Eating XV.

So now I never made it in time to trade the system in and tomorrow it could drop in value. It would be nice if another store had high trade in value and trying to sell it locally is not time efficient. If I knew GameStop would have their sales starting Sunday I would have had this thing ready to go. :shame:

Isn't there a quick initialize option? It's not as secure, but it should be quick.

#780 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14234 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

No, there are plenty of "pre" BF ads that continue through BF.  You are misinterpreting what "pre" means. There will be more to the actual BF ad.

We will see, but most ads are already up with full BF deals detailed. I see no reason why GS would hold back as they're the last out the gate.