* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#781 CGH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:30 AM

Are there going to be any deals on shadow of the colossus for ps4?

#782 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5419 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:38 AM

So, no deals on PlayStation 4 Pro yet?

#783 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14358 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

So, no deals on PlayStation 4 Pro yet?

Short of a unintended sale on it, there will not be one.

#784 da kid banks  

da kid banks

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:48 AM

I would've preferred a Sonic Mania plus deal too but oh well

#785 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11796 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:57 AM

You can hope that Target has a lot of unadvertised games as part of their BF sale like they've been doing for the past few years

#786 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:06 AM

We will see, but most ads are already up with full BF deals detailed. I see no reason why GS would hold back as they're the last out the gate.

There's no way Gamestop's Black Friday ad is going to be one double sided page.

#787 Fun Handsome Goose   Rappenin' is what's happenin' CAG in Training   26 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Fun Handsome Goose

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

So I'm eyeing the Fallout 76 Xbox One X Robotic White Bundle. What are the odds I get $70 off at Gamestop per the BF ad?

Not sure if the item has to be in the store. Also don't know if the bundle will last that long on Gamestop's site.

#788 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3010 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

why would you disable copying on the spreadsheet, just a selfish thing to do. If you're trying to help people there's no reason to not let people copy it so they can edit it how they want to. 

Can't even print it so I can take it to the store with me.

#789 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

why would you disable copying on the spreadsheet, just a selfish thing to do. If you're trying to help people there's no reason to not let people copy it so they can edit it how they want to.

With gratitude like that it’s amazing anyone makes a spreadsheet at all.

#790 jenetic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:30 AM

We will see, but most ads are already up with full BF deals detailed. I see no reason why GS would hold back as they're the last out the gate.

They withheld because it was Pro weekend. I've read it's typical for them to be last with their ad.

#791 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Xbox One S Minecraft Bundle is $200 in store right now. https://brickseek.co.../?sku=808726894

has anyone seen the bundle in the floor yet?

#792 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6342 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

You could always make your own spreadsheet. 

#793 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

Just take screenshots. Not hard to do.

#794 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6892 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

You can hope that Target has a lot of unadvertised games as part of their BF sale like they've been doing for the past few years

Somehow I doubt it. Most of the games that rang up for $8 last year were older games and mostly last-gen that were intended for clearance. If your Target is anything like the one near me, they haven't been ordering as many copies of games as they used to. Hence, fewer games on the clearance shelf. Really, the only clearance game that I've seen there lately was Agents of Mayhem for PS4 and Xbox One. You could use a stack of them for target practice. So, I'm not expecting much. Of course, I could also be a blathering idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

#795 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6892 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:09 PM

has anyone seen the bundle in the floor yet?

I was going to ask this too. I might not be able to get to a GameStop store on Sunday the 18th, so I'm considering buying it from Walmart before that. It might not sell out at GameStop, or it might, but not willing to take that chance.

#796 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6342 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

I hope Target has another set of unadvertised games like they did the last 2 years. Remember Rock Band Band in a Box Red Edition for $50(?) and with NOF games going for $8/each. Made bank getting those games. Hopefully they continue with something similar.

#797 branberrycakes   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

branberrycakes

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

LMAO, you aren't entitled to anything...

#798 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6342 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

To all the others, there will be a download in the main sheet once I get the time to do that. Bare with me.

#799 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

Curious: What is on everyone's wishlist this BF?

It’s been a bottom heavy year for games cause everything moved outta red dead’s way, and the most notable truly new games like cyberpunk come later. So I completely forgot Just Cause 4 was coming. It’s that, Hitman, Spider-Man as a pack in, and rebuying games I sold earlier this year to finish.

#800 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

To be fair, in order to allow you to copy it, there is only a blanket setting to edit. So unless you want trolls to destroy the sheet, the only option is to protect it and reupload it elsewhere for download.

You do realise have 2 options of spreadsheets, right? Maybe check the other one, which I just posted about being uploaded for download.

Think about the needs of the many, before thinking about the needs of one.

#801 BxJoka814  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Still sad the 900F didn't drop for black friday like the 900E did  :cry:

#802 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6342 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Alright, deciding to release a PDF of the sheet next week when majority of ads should be out so I'm not constantly uploading files. Also highlighting the lowest priced items on the sheet to make it easier to search.

Also thanks StryderOmega for making a different spreadsheet as well. Nice to have multiple options for it too. You're doing great!

#803 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the guy who made the spreadsheet, that's all I need.

Nintendo really doesn't like it's Switch games going on sale. 18 month old 1 2 Switch for $35, woo hoo. Wasn't expecting Pokemon or SSBU but there are games over a year old still going for $60 MSRP, including years old ports. Can't sell the $20 Octoling expansion or BotW season pass w/o selling the game first. 

Best Buy looks like the place to shop, will probably pick up U:LL for $10 for my son, he played the first 4 this summer, and maybe Astro Bot Rescue Mission for $20 b/c in February I bought a $200 headset I never use. 

#804 syde1020   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Does the PlayStation Network have Black Friday deals on digital games? If so are they announced before hand? There's a few that's the retailers are gonna have but I'd much rather have digital.

#805 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

I'm hoping we get some unadvertised sales or GameStop goes all out like last year because other then that I don't see much other then Meijer and that's saying a lot as I never go there on Black Friday.

#806 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

In the spreedsheet, what does the $ mean for the PS4 Pro under Wal-Mart and Best Buy?

#807 Thunderbolt7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Thunderbolt7

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

In the spreedsheet, what does the $ mean for the PS4 Pro under Wal-Mart and Best Buy?

It means we were hoping for deals to be announced but we got hosed.

#808 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

When does Khols start? I have $190 in rewards that expire on the 21st and want to get a Nintendo Switch.

#809 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14358 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

To all the others, there will be a download in the main sheet once I get the time to do that. Bare with me.

I'm not sure you want that from sweaty nerds. ;)

#810 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2384 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

Not true. Numerous people have posted receipts. Holiday return period started around 10/24.

That would be fantastic, but best of luck.

GS's website return policy: https://www.gamestop...lp/returns.aspx

GS's store return policy: https://www.gamestop...nPolicy0623.pdf

I see 30 days for new unopened returns. I find nothing about an extended holiday return period anywhere on gamestop.com