* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#1351 kanekiken  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:10 AM

If any my BB members were waiting for early access, the only thing that really seems to be on sale is AC: Odyssey. Not sure if someone can find other items.

#1352 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

were none of the blurays or tv show dvd sets available for early black friday at best buy? i had 9 blurays and tv show sets in my cart and one game since yesterday waiting for the prices to drop and just now the game went down to its black friday price but none off the blurays or tv show sets dropped.

Not seeing anything having dropped on my end yet, so I'm not sure it has rolled out yet.

#1353 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:13 AM

Dookie Poopies

#1354 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

If any my BB members were waiting for early access, the only thing that really seems to be on sale is AC: Odyssey. Not sure if someone can find other items.

soul calibur vi dropped

#1355 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6449 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for not leaving any copies of PS4 Shining Resonance Refrain for us peons, guys. :-P

EDIT: The early BB sales are up for non-Elites now:  https://www.bestbuy....cat322500050001

#1356 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:16 AM

Dragon quest XI , monster hunter world, among some others. But some stuff on Elite sale is not available at BF prices now for regulars. Totally not worth staying up for.

#1357 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1371 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:17 AM

Does gcu work on cyber monday ? And does Best Buy usually have the same prices

#1358 kanekiken  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:18 AM

Aren't the prices gone by then?

#1359 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:19 AM

I'm sorry I just reread your post... so you're wanting to buy an X1 and then return/rebuy your PS4 and use the $50 gift card to offset the cost of said PS4?

Yes, exactly

#1360 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1371 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:21 AM

Aren't the prices gone by then?

I’m not sure lol I assumed cyber Monday would be a copy of the Black Friday deals

#1361 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:26 AM

im pretty sure i got most of the tv show sets I wanted last year on the regular mybestbuy member early access last year. so the selection has definitely swindled since last year.

#1362 kanekiken  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:28 AM

I remember early access for members always being poor. Assassin's Creed games always make the cut though Lol.

#1363 Suspence   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

Was hoping Starlink would be part of early access :(

#1364 EndZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

Was expecting Blu Rays to be on sale. Oh well. Got Final Fantasy 15:Royal Edition since it looks like the rest of the DLC has been cancelled. Don't wanna get too crazy cause I feel like some of these games will be at these prices in December when GCU can stack.

#1365 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

Amazon had Astro bot rescue mission at $19.99 for a couple of hours after disappearing. Went fast!!

#1366 ddp72984   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

It doesn’t seem like Injustice 2 SE is part of the BB early access?

#1367 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:59 AM

Was hoping Starlink would be part of early access :(

Same. Was more interested to see if they were going to put skyrim switch edition on sale to compete with Walmart. I would've rather just buy it now for $35 and be done looking for it lol.

#1368 strongarm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

strongarm

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

$39.99 Ys VIII
https://www.gamestop...-of-dana/142836

Gamestop still has it in stock.

Been wanting to play this. You don't think it will go cheaper? Is it out of print?

#1369 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:42 AM

Are movies not discounted on the BBC early dale?

#1370 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

Astro Bot rescue mission in stock again at amazon for $19.99 if anyone interested.

https://www.amazon.c...e=xm2&camp=2025

#1371 bsc11  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

I dont get it, Call of Duty remastered is $15 on sale at BB for early access but Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is pretty cheap everywhere Ive seen. Am I missing something?

Even as one who is mildly interested in having a back-up 360 (since MS' BC list will assuredly not include a lot of lesser known games), I would never bother with Gamestop's offer. Your time/effort/money will be better spent on securing a 360 off ebay.

Odd to recommend spending money when purportedly I dont have to, but maybe you know something I don't. Is gamestop that unreliable or do you know specifically in regards to this deal that its not worth going for?

#1372 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11868 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

Was expecting Blu Rays to be on sale. Oh well. Got Final Fantasy 15:Royal Edition since it looks like the rest of the DLC has been cancelled. Don't wanna get too crazy cause I feel like some of these games will be at these prices in December when GCU can stack.

All the DLC cept the Ardyn DLC got cancelled

#1373 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11868 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:04 AM

Been wanting to play this. You don't think it will go cheaper? Is it out of print?

It could get cheaper. But the game is OOP afaik

#1374 EinCB  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:11 AM

Has Best Buy ever allowed the $1 pickup discount during black Friday? All the early access games are only available for shipping.

#1375 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Blu Rays and 4K movies were on sale yesterday with Elite access. Only thing I think that wasn’t on sale was Avengers Infinity War I’m assuming it’s listed as a door buster only thing and will only be available online once Black Friday starts.

#1376 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6449 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:00 AM

Same. Was more interested to see if they were going to put skyrim switch edition on sale to compete with Walmart. I would've rather just buy it now for $35 and be done looking for it lol.

I know I'm repeating myself, but this thread is so massive posts get eaten and I really want people to see this.

Physical Starlink is a massive rip-off, even at sale prices. The digital version DOES NOT REQUIRE THE TOYS, and it gives you nearly all of the ships/pilots/weapons that you would otherwise have to buy the expensive toys to get! Don't buy the physical Starlink guys!

DO buy the digital version, because the game is awesome - it is what No Man's Sky was supposed to have been. 

The Starter Packs for PS4 and Xbox One include: 
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Controller Mount
Zenith Starship
Mason Rana 
Flamethrower Weapon 
Frost Barrage Weapon 
Shredder Weapon

The Starter Pack for Nintendo Switch includes:
Joycon Mount
Arwing Starship 
Fox McCloud and exclusive Star Fox missions
Mason Rana
Flamethrower Weapon 
Frost Barrage Weapon
Digital Zenith Starship
Digital Shredder Weapon

The Digital Starter Packs include: 
4 Starships (Zenith, Pulse, Lance, Neptune)
6 Pilots (Mason, Chase, Levi, Razor, Hunter, Judge)
12 Weapons (Shredder, Flamethrower, Frost Barrage, Levitator, Volcano, Imploder, Iron Fist, Freeze Ray Mk.2, Crusher, Shredder Mk.2, Shockwave, and Gauss Gun Mk.2) 
The Nintendo Switch Digital Starter Pack also includes pilot Fox McCloud, exclusive Star Fox missions, and the Arwing starship

And the digital deluxe version includes *everything*. You will definitely want the extras, especially the weapons. This is a massive price difference. 

This has been a public service announcement. :)

#1377 Justin42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

Cyber Monday is a scam in about 90% of cases (this goes for all retailers, not just BB)-- the good deals are on, or over by, Black Friday, and then they turn around, raise prices from BF prices, and call it Cyber Monday.

BB usually brings back most of the same deals as Black Friday, but for 5-20% more... so yeah, GCU will work on CM but for MOST games (I'm sure there will be some deals) the BF non-GCU prices will still be better, or the same, as the Cyber Monday with GCU prices.

#1378 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:59 AM

:o doorbusters are in store only right? X.x I'm not quite sure anymore since this year it seems like the rules are changing and everything is popping up on sale 5 days early.

#1379 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

Cyber Monday is a scam in about 90% of cases (this goes for all retailers, not just BB)-- the good deals are on, or over by, Black Friday, and then they turn around, raise prices from BF prices, and call it Cyber Monday.

BB usually brings back most of the same deals as Black Friday, but for 5-20% more... so yeah, GCU will work on CM but for MOST games (I'm sure there will be some deals) the BF non-GCU prices will still be better, or the same, as the Cyber Monday with GCU prices.

Like most stores, BB has a generous return policy this time of year and there is no number limit restrictions on BF purchases (3 copies of the same thing per order, but you can put in as many orders as you want). While I agree that most cyber Monday deals are marked up BF prices, BB has always had several big games for BF prices with GCU stacking on top.

TL;DR Buy everything you want on BF, but closely watch BB cyber Monday for a couple great deals and return BF purchases

#1380 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1106 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for not leaving any copies of PS4 Shining Resonance Refrain for us peons, guys. :-P

EDIT: The early BB sales are up for non-Elites now:  https://www.bestbuy....cat322500050001

That's weird. I'm not Elite any more but I was able to get on the sales yesterday.