* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#1381 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for not leaving any copies of PS4 Shining Resonance Refrain for us peons, guys. :-P

EDIT: The early BB sales are up for non-Elites now:  https://www.bestbuy....cat322500050001

That's weird. I'm not Elite any more but I was able to get on the sales yesterday.

#1382 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

Kinda sad I missed starlink but I guess I can try again at Walmart for the same price. Also gamestop and target seemed close. $35 was that sweet spot.

Yeah I read about digital being better but I don't buy digital. Ever. Part of the fun is the ship.

Got dq and monster hunter out of the way. Now starlink and tomb raider. Feels good man being done with this shit so early.

#1383 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

Feeling like I missed out on the Spidey PS4. I know it’s in some stores and will be in stores this Thursday but I assumed it would be available for shipping longer than half a day. I should have pulled the trigger when I saw it up yesterday morning. There’s a good chance online stock is being held back for actual Thanksgiving / Black Friday so I guess I’ll take my chances.

#1384 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

Feeling like I missed out on the Spidey PS4. I know it’s in some stores and will be in stores this Thursday but I assumed it would be available for shipping longer than half a day. I should have pulled the trigger when I saw it up yesterday morning. There’s a good chance online stock is being held back for actual Thanksgiving / Black Friday so I guess I’ll take my chances.

I didn't add to cart but the shipping button and pick up are lit on Target's page.

#1385 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:24 PM

Kinda sad I missed starlink but I guess I can try again at Walmart for the same price. Also gamestop and target seemed close. $35 was that sweet spot.

Yeah I read about digital being better but I don't buy digital. Ever. Part of the fun is the ship.

Got dq and monster hunter out of the way. Now starlink and tomb raider. Feels good man being done with this shit so early.

Yea I would rather jump into Starlink on Switch for 35 bucks (which I did) to get a physical Arwing/McCloud figure. Then if I really feel the need to upgrade, I'll just pick up the digital collection pack 1 for 60 bucks or just buy a few things when they go on sale. No way am I going all in on this game at 80 bucks digital without testing it out first. And I'm sure it will be back on sale this week at Best Buy.

Not sure why this game gets compared to NMS, other than the Flying from space to planet mechanic, what else is in common? NMS is a totally different beast now. I've played it since launch and have it on PC, PS4, and Xbox. But maybe I am missing something and Starlink will have that NMS vibe. I'll know soon enough.   

#1386 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

I didn't add to cart but the shipping button and pick up are lit on Target's page.

Nice! Thanks. I’ve got rewards points at Amazon and Best Buy but Target is a good option.

#1387 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6423 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

That's cool, I just want ppl to be making informed purchases. They really don't advertise the whole "you don't need the toys" thing, you have to dig to get that info. This is one of the only times I've ever went digital, because I personally couldn't justify the price difference (at launch it was something like $80 vs almost $300 to get everything). 

Not sure why this game gets compared to NMS, other than the Flying from space to planet mechanic, what else is in common? NMS is a totally different beast now. I've played it since launch and have it on PC, PS4, and Xbox. But maybe I am missing something and Starlink will have that NMS vibe. I'll know soon enough.   

The game is VERY NMS, from the look and feel of the planets, discovering creatures, gathering resources - it's impossible to play the game without seeing the influences. It's just miles better IMO. I've tried NMS several times, after every major update, and I just can't get into it. It's way too slow paced of a game for me. 

#1388 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

Looks like I’ll at least be able to get a small deal on Diablo for Switch at Meijer with Santa Bucks this Saturday. Otherwise it seems that it won’t be on sale.

#1389 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

I wouldn't be too worried. This is the primary console bundle Sony is pushing. Every store should have abundant supply. Last year, I stopped by several Best Buys and they had mountains of their promo PS4, and online stock of consoles has been fairly easy to nab.

#1390 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1514 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

Spider-Man PS4 is available at BB and Target atm. I can even order for pickup today at BB

#1391 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

I wouldn't be too worried. This is the primary console bundle Sony is pushing. Every store should have abundant supply. Last year, I stopped by several Best Buys and they had mountains of their promo PS4, and online stock of consoles has been fairly easy to nab.

Spider-Man PS4 is available at BB and Target atm. I can even order for pickup today at BB

Thanks. We are down one car this week so I'm not going out of my way to find a PS4 in-store. If I can't get it online I'll wait to see if our local Walmart has any left after the crowds have cleared out on Friday. I have a One X so I'm good on all multi-platform releases. I want to play Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted 4, and Tetris Effect, but if I don't end up getting a PS4 this holiday I still have plenty in my ever-growing backlog. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

#1392 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

This is one of the only times I've ever went digital, because I personally couldn't justify the price difference (at launch it was something like $80 vs almost $300 to get everything)

Oh I totally appreciate the post, it's best to educate people and let them make an informed decision.

Also I liked NMS before the update myself. I didn't have a problem with it at launch because I didn't get hyped or watch any game play beyond the original teaser. I don't even know what it was missing that got people mad. So I'm happy to have another go with a similar game.

#1393 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4068 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Lol @ Fallout:76 being $20 off already a week and a half after it's release.

#1394 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:38 PM

I know I'm repeating myself, but this thread is so massive posts get eaten and I really want people to see this.

Physical Starlink is a massive rip-off, even at sale prices. The digital version DOES NOT REQUIRE THE TOYS, and it gives you nearly all of the ships/pilots/weapons that you would otherwise have to buy the expensive toys to get! Don't buy the physical Starlink guys!

DO buy the digital version, because the game is awesome - it is what No Man's Sky was supposed to have been. 

And the digital deluxe version includes *everything*. You will definitely want the extras, especially the weapons. This is a massive price difference. 

This has been a public service announcement. :)

What if I'm buying it specifically because of the Arwing toy? Those aren't exactly easy to come by, you know.

#1395 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2283 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Does anyone know of any BF deal on the new Apple Watch? 

#1396 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6312 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

Just saw some reviews for Fallout 76. Yeah, no thanks. I'll play Fallout 4 instead and ignore 76 exist.

#1397 branberrycakes   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

branberrycakes

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Just saw some reviews for Fallout 76. Yeah, no thanks. I'll play Fallout 4 instead and ignore 76 exist.

I'm not one to decide based on reviews, but the fact that most reviews share the same opinion tells me that this game is nothing but a bad joke.

#1398 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:43 PM

Thanks a lot, I hope I can snag a $200 bundle on Thursday or Friday then.

good luck! There’s a ton of games to play if you haven’t had a PS4 before.

My recommendation is try something out of your comfort zone. There’s good variety

#1399 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

good luck! There’s a ton of games to play if you haven’t had a PS4 before.

My recommendation is try something out of your comfort zone. There’s good variety

Second this. Nioh wasn’t something I’d normally play, but it’s one of the best 👍🏼

#1400 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Official ad it up and doesn't show Fallout 76 discounted anymore.

Also I'm surprised they are doing the mail-in rebate only for the 4GB slim and not the basic old 360.

#1401 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

Yeah Fallout 76 deal being pulled from the Gamestop ad is a little disappointing but then again, not getting the greatest fanfare right now anyways.

#1402 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

$300 Switch with MK8D and a $50 Gift Card is a no brainer for those holding out. 

#1403 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

Official ad it up and doesn't show Fallout 76 discounted anymore.
Also I'm surprised they are doing the mail-in rebate only for the 4GB slim and not the basic old 360.

I will fix my spreadsheet when I get home from work.

Thanks for pointing the change out!

#1404 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4069 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:28 PM

Yeah Fallout 76 deal being pulled from the Gamestop ad is a little disappointing but then again, not getting the greatest fanfare right now anyways.

I bought the Tricential Edition for my wife and have had no desire to start it up and play myself yet. I've watched her play for a while though and it doesn't look awful, but it does look boring. When I look at my massive backlog and then look at Fallout '76 I find that I'd rather play about 40 other games instead. 

#1405 bsc11  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

You don't gotta feel like that. You could order it for pickup at Best Buy right now. Plus this deal seems to be everywhere, and the fact they released it so early makes me think theres more than enough to go around. You'll get one man!

#1406 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14234 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

I'm more impressed at Fallout 76 being $39.99.

Not sure what's going on here but the scanned ad and the linked one don't match. The only thing in the ad that changed was they swapped FO with Rainbow Six. Here I thought they were actually going to have the best ad for the first time in history. Missed the $50 GC on Switch though; I have to keep reminding myself that even though it's a great deal, the system would just collect dust lol.

#1407 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

I don't think I've ever bought anything from GameStop on BF before, but that God of War price is awesome.

Are their deals available online?  If they are, when do they go live?

#1408 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

Does anyone know of any BF deal on the new Apple Watch? 

Target has the Series 3 for $199 for the 38mm version. I think $129 for the 42mm.

#1409 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5001 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

Bethesda probably threatened to black List Gamestop and pull any exclusive future DLC when they saw the ad. GS was probably being tactical by trying to sell copies of a struggling game (it’s not that bad, but it has some issues that can be fixed with updates) and Bethesda was like “we will kill you if that goes to print.” 😆

#1410 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

Greatly appreciate the work that are put into these spreadsheets.  Beyond helpful and useful but have to ask any reason Family Video is missing.  I know they aren't the greatest deals but they have some decent deals especially the Switch games.