* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#2551 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

Spyro reignited trilogy $25 at family video for Ps4/Xbone

https://www.familyvi...dragon-10136594

#2552 Relativetime  

Relativetime

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

ended up with God of War & Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $14 each due to the various amazon price matches and promos with amex and the browser extension $5 coupon  :mrgreen:

Also picked up monster hunter world and FFXV Royal from target for $15 each and they gave me a $1 off for consolidating the orders into 1.

Lucky dude. I missed the God of War price matches.

#2553 Landonio  

Landonio

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

So Wal-Mart can't be serious. Has anybody else experienced this? I was denied a sale (for the 2nd straight year on Black Friday mind you) on an item that is in their sale ad (last year was on a game that was not only listed, but had a picture as well, which I waited in like for almost an hour for). I brought up Rampage, Skyscraper, and Rambo on 4K to the register. Rampage rang up properly at 8.96. The other two rang up at standard price. I told the lady they were supposed to be on sale. She said they were standard price because they didn't have the "PROMO" sticker on them, which honestly I have never seen before, nor did the vast majority of blu-rays on the shelves even have. I was dumbfounded. I honestly thought I was being trolled. I was waiting for the hidden camera to be revealed. I thought about asking for a manger, but I didn't want to make a scene. I was beyond pissed though. How is this a thing? I have never heard of this before. It's extremely arbitrary, random, and inconvenient. What if someone were to wait in line for an hour only to be denied a sale simply because their item didn't have the proper sticker on it (similar to my experience last year)? If you're going to implement something so incredibly arbitrary and specific, then why not specify that in the ad itself? ESPECIALLY considering the sales are in-store only. That makes no sense. This is exemplary of why Wal-Mart is trash.

#2554 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:26 AM

So Wal-Mart can't be serious. Has anybody else experienced this? I was denied a sale (for the 2nd straight year on Black Friday mind you) on an item that is in their sale ad (last year was on a game that was not only listed, but had a picture as well, which I waited in like for almost an hour for). I brought up Rampage, Skyscraper, and Rambo on 4K to the register. Rampage rang up properly at 8.96. The other two rang up at standard price. I told the lady they were supposed to be on sale. She said they were standard price because they didn't have the "PROMO" sticker on them, which honestly I have never seen before, nor did the vast majority of blu-rays on the shelves even have. I was dumbfounded. I honestly thought I was being trolled. I was waiting for the hidden camera to be revealed. I thought about asking for a manger, but I didn't want to make a scene. I was beyond pissed though. How is this a thing? I have never heard of this before. It's extremely arbitrary, random, and inconvenient. What if someone were to wait in line for an hour only to be denied a sale simply because their item didn't have the proper sticker on it (similar to my experience last year)? If you're going to implement something so incredibly arbitrary and specific, then why not specify that in the ad itself? ESPECIALLY considering the sales are in-store only. That makes no sense. This is exemplary of why Wal-Mart is trash.

Prayers.

#2555 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

Yeah...somehow it didn't seem all that appealing to me.

I was looking at exclusives and the only games I really want are Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, Cuphead and Ori and the Blind Forest. And all of them are technically playable on PC. A $199 Sea of Thieves bundle would have been tempting.

Exactly. Compare those 4 "exclusives" I mentioned above to the 200+ games I played on PS4 this year. It's the same reason I haven't got the Switch yet; because I can't justify paying $299 just to play Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey.

EDIT: I don't mean to start a console war here, this is just my personal preference.

The switch is amazing. Playing Mario Odyssey and bring something different then playing so many shooters like cod.

I mainly use my Xbox one s for Netflix. If
Quantum break was on sale... Is PC almost always better then Xbox one and PS4 games?

#2556 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:52 AM

I can’t bring myself to list my BF purchases or I’ll get depressed when I realize how much I actually spent.

#2557 ritchardf  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:53 AM

it must be you, i dont even get the promo copies, i get movies off the shelves and games from the case and zero problems. also, self checkout is your friend, especially at walmart.

#2558 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:54 AM

I can’t bring myself to list my BF purchases or I’ll get depressed when I realize how much I actually spent.

We would like to see.

#2559 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:04 AM

I was looking at exclusives and the only games I really want are Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, Cuphead and Ori and the Blind Forest. And all of them are technically playable on PC. A $199 Sea of Thieves bundle would have been tempting.

Exactly. Compare those 4 "exclusives" I mentioned above to the 200+ games I played on PS4 this year. It's the same reason I haven't got the Switch yet; because I can't justify paying $299 just to play Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey.

Quantum Break was decent but definitely pales in comparison to Sony exclusives. I'll give See of Thieves a go with Game Pass but I'm not expecting much. I am interested in Crackdown 3 since I enjoyed the first two so hopefully it turns out well. New Gears of War next year I think and Halo 6 down the line I'm sure so I'll play those as well. 

I have a Switch but it's mainly a dust magnet since it's the weakest of the current consoles, I don't care about portability and of course, no achievements. Breath of the Wild is great but I didn't get very far into Mario Odyssey. Might have had something to do with the fact that there weren't any trophies popping but that's more my problem than the game's. :D

#2560 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:16 AM

Quantum Break was decent but definitely pales in comparison to Sony exclusives. I'll give See of Thieves a go with Game Pass but I'm not expecting much. I am interested in Crackdown 3 since I enjoyed the first two so hopefully it turns out well. New Gears of War next year I think and Halo 6 down the line I'm sure so I'll play those as well.

I have a Switch but it's mainly a dust magnet since it's the weakest of the current consoles, I don't care about portability and of course, no achievements. Breath of the Wild is great but I didn't get very far into Mario Odyssey. Might have had something to do with the fact that there weren't any trophies popping but that's more my problem than the game's. :D

Nintendo would greatly benefit from a “trophy” system. I absolutely love hearing the trophy ping notification when I earn one lol. I would easily go for a play on Zelda for example if it had trophy’s

#2561 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:22 AM

My BF Haul:

WAL-MART

Wolfensten II Switch $19.99

Intex Air Mattress $43.

Diablo III Switch $17

BEST BUY

Black Panther $6.99

Avengers: Infinity War $6.99

NBA 2K19 $29.99 (I know this was cheaper at GameStop but did not want to deal with the crowds or their website. 

VERIZON

Galaxy S9+ $529.99 ($400 off)

#2562 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:31 AM

My BF Haul:

WAL-MART
Wolfensten II Switch $19.99
Intex Air Mattress $43.
Diablo III Switch $17

BEST BUY
Black Panther $6.99
Avengers: Infinity War $6.99
NBA 2K19 $29.99 (I know this was cheaper at GameStop but did not want to deal with the crowds or their website.

VERIZON
Galaxy S9+ $529.99 ($400 off)

I held off on Black Panthers when I saw it was on Netflix. Lol

Far Cry 5 $10 at BestBuy with rewards Discounts

#2563 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

We would like to see.

Rough guess on my part would be $2,206.85 give or take about $10.

The TV I bought last month cost me more than that.  I am still not done shopping.

#2564 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, right now it just makes more sense for me to funnel all my funds into one console rather than spread myself thin (it's not like I have any more time to spare). But I did forget about XB's backwards compatibility and I still haven't played Alan Wake or Fable yet. Maybe next Black Friday.

#2565 RXDAWGG   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:48 AM

#2566 RXDAWGG   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:53 AM

I feel the same way about Wacko-Mart but went by today to pick over the remains and found a copy of Dragon Ball Fighter Z for the Xbone buried in one of the demolished cardboard stands. The cashier corrected it to $17 because it had a purple dot on it. You just never know what you’ll get there.....

#2567 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:56 AM

I held off on Black Panthers when I saw it was on Netflix. Lol

Far Cry 5 $10 at BestBuy with rewards Discounts

Disney is pulling everything out of Netflix next year though due to their new app releasing

#2568 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:59 AM

Spyro reignited trilogy $25 at family video for Ps4/Xbone

https://www.familyvi...dragon-10136594

Only has 1 game included. pass

#2569 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:28 AM

Only has 1 game included. pass

It says it’s new though

#2570 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:37 AM

Yeah...somehow it didn't seem all that appealing to me.

EDIT: I don't mean to start a console war here, this is just my personal preference.

The Xbox bundles are glorified shit. Unless you're getting a One X with something must-have there is no point. A friend bought a basic Switch for $299.99 just because of that GameStop giftcard and I told him he should have waited until they got more stock in with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle. You're paying the same price and getting nothing with the system. 

I haven't even been near a Switch until last night and those joycons are the most overpriced pieces of shit I've seen on any console at any time. Tiny fucking cheap plastic wastes of money and for $80 a pair is ludicrous. My sister needs more controllers and there are no good deals on them anywhere. If there is a quality wired controller at a good price maybe it's an alternative.

Side note: Target shipped my order of Dragon Quest XI in two days but they sent me the normal edition and not the Edition of Light which is what it should have been. I had to go to Target and exchange it. The in-store copies were mixed together with both standard and Edition of Light versions. The Edition of Light is even the display copy.

#2571 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:49 AM

It says it’s new though

Think he's referring to the fact that only Spyro 1 is on the disc and you have to download the others. Not a big deal to me but I can see somebody with bad internet being upset. 

#2572 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:50 AM

It says it’s new though

I think he was trying to make a joke (a bad one at that), that only the first game is on the disc and the other two are downloads

#2573 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:59 AM

Think he's referring to the fact that only Spyro 1 is on the disc and you have to download the others. Not a big deal to me but I can see somebody with bad internet being upset.

The game sizes are that big ? I’m surprised

#2574 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

We would like to see.

Rough guess on my part would be $2,206.85 give or take about $10.

The TV I bought last month cost me more than that.  I am still not done shopping.

It's only about half that, but I'm not including the new computer we had to get last month.  Didn't include clothes or kitchen stuff either, just stuff that's optional.  Pretty expensive month.

:ps4: Banner Saga - 10
:ps4: Dragon Quest XI - 30
:ps4: FF15 Royal Edition - 15
:ps4: God of War - 17
:ps4: Injustice - 12
:ps4: Injustice 2 - 20
:ps4: Lego Incredibles - 20
:ps4: Monster Hunter World - 15
:ps4: Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 24
:ps4: XCOM 2 Collection - 15
:switch: Mario Party Bundle - 75
:switch: Starlink Starter - 35
:ps4: PS+ - 40

:br: Alice in Wonderland - 10
:br: Black Panther - 7
:br: Deadpool 2 - 7
Fifty Shades Darker - 7
Fifty Shades Freed - 7
:br: Infinity War - 7
:br: John Wick 2 - 6
:br: Jumanji - 6
:dvd: Jumanji 2017 - 6
:br: Maze Runner Trilogy - 20
:br: Oceans 8 - 6
:br: Ready Player One - 6
:br: Valerian - 6
:dvd: The Spy who Dumped Me - 7
TMNT + toys - 6

Toys
Batmobile Power Wheels - 100
BB-8 - 30
Child's Purse - 20
FAO Train - 40
Malibu Barbie House - 50
Rocking Horse - 35

Board Games
Auztralia - 50
Camel Up 32
Custom Heroes - 24
Fireball Island - 52
Five Seals of Magic - 10
Greed - 6
Noria - 23
Tanto Cuore - Beach Volleyball - 16

#2575 Saiyan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:04 AM

My new apt is a block away from Wal-Mart and Best Buy, so I decided to walk over and check out the commotion around 8 on Thursday. It was still packed, but it looked like the initial craziness died down. Only had wait about 5 mins to checkout at each store. Surprisingly, everything I was interested in was in stock.

Best Buy:
Mario Kart Switch Bundle - $300
Insignia Switch Case - $12
128 GB Micro SD - $20

Wal-Mart:
Dragon Ball FighterZ - $25
Pokken Tournament - $35
Breath of the Wild - $45

I don't know what was more painful, realizing how much money I unexpectedly spent or realizing how many hours my backlog gained.

#2576 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:07 AM

The game sizes are that big ? I’m surprised

67gb. It is a real remaster though.

#2577 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:08 AM

67gb. It is a real remaster though.

I tried the demo earlier and it looks fantastic. Definitely will get it after I get crash first

#2578 IAMSAM34  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:43 AM

Same..haha

#2579 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:44 AM

Did alright this year. Gaming only:

Wal Mart:

Berry Blue PS4 Controller

Gamestop:

Spider-Man PS4 Bundle

Assassins Creed Odyssey (Xbox One)

Far Cry 5 (Xbox One preowned)

Far Cry 4 (Xbox One preowned)

Facebook Deals:

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (Switch)

PSN Store:

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Light Tracer (PS4)

Batman Return to Arkham (PS4)

Creed (PS4)

Injustice 2 Ultimate (PS4)

Dragon Quest XI (PS4)

Used a 20% off code on those from the PS4 bundle

Nintendo eShop:

The Messenger (Switch)

Undertale (Switch)

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)

Minit (Switch)

Dead Cells (Switch)

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (Switch)

Amazon:

200 GB SD card

Pretty well done but hoping a couple of minor deals are still part of Cyber Monday so I can apply GCU (Primarily Soul Calibur VI, Assassin's Creed Origins, Dragon Ball Fighterz)

#2580 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:10 AM

I tried the demo earlier and it looks fantastic. Definitely will get it after I get crash first

Might as well see if the bundle that comes with both games goes on sale.