Target Ad 10/21/18 - 10/27/18 | Red Dead Redemption 2

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Available Thursday 10/26

:ps4: :xb1: $79.99 Red Dead Redemption 2 (Special Edition) | Free RDR2 Pin Set w/ any RDR2 game listed

:ps4: :xb1: $59.99 Red Dead Redemption 2 | Free RDR2 Pin Set w/ any RDR2 game listed

:ps4: $399.99 Playstation 4 Pro 1TB Red Dead Redemption 2 Bundle

That's it...

*credit to thecouponingcouple

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize that RDR 2 is finally coming out so soon. I haven't really been paying attention to any of the fall releases.

I believe the return policy for Target on games is 30 days. That'll be 11/25. Black Friday is on 11/23 so just within the return window. I suggest buying it again on Black Friday and returning the earlier bought copy. We don't have any BF ads that say it'll be on sale yet but like all games released within 3 months of BF, it'll likely go on sale.

I believe the return policy for Target on games is 30 days. That'll be 11/25. Black Friday is on 11/23 so just within the return window. I suggest buying it again on Black Friday and returning the earlier bought copy. We don't have any BF ads that say it'll be on sale yet but like all games released within 3 months of BF, it'll likely go on sale.
I think customer service is closed during Black Friday. I could be wrong

I think customer service is closed during Black Friday. I could be wrong
I see you didn't read TheOneGuyWho's message... its okay it happens. I will lay it out step by step for you:

1. Buy game at Target
  2. Play game and have fun until Black Friday (23rd of Nov)
  3. Go to store selling it for less money
  4. Return game to Target you bought on Black Friday with reciept from Target back to Target
  5. Win because you got to play RDR day one for the BF price'
  6. Come back to this forum and Thank TheOneGuy and if you are a girl send him nudes.

I'm not convinced RDR2 will be on sale on BF. Last year Mario Odyssey came out the same day and I don't think that saw any BF sales.

I see you didn't read TheOneGuyWho's message... its okay it happens. I will lay it out step by step for you:

• Buy game at Target
  • Play game and have fun until Black Friday (23rd of Nov)
  • Go to store selling it for less money
  • Return game to Target you bought on Black Friday with reciept from Target back to Target
  • Win because you got to play RDR day one for the BF price'
  • Come back to this forum and Thank TheOneGuy and if you are a girl send him nudes.
Do they have to be my own, or just any nudes?

RDR2 won’t be on sale on BF same as gta 5 when they released it few years back it’s rockstar no way it’ll be on sale and if it is maybe it’ll be 49.99

RDR2 won’t be on sale on BF same as gta 5 when they released it few years back it’s rockstar no way it’ll be on sale and if it is maybe it’ll be 49.99
So no way, but maybe? 16% isn't shabby if just 10 off.

And Nintendo doesn't count for these discussions, they're a pocket universe.

oh yeah ! I forgot about b2g1 its almost time.. sometime end of the month right? then best buy in dec :D followed by a b1g1 50% on Nintendo stuff
Excluding Switch games and Pokemon games :shame:

Perfect time to pick up those full-priced copies of Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for the holidays!

Wouldn't surprise me if Target excludes RDR2 from their B2G1 (assuming they still do one this year).

dont forget target has been excluding games from the buy 2 get 1 free last couple years. i wouldnt be suprised to see rdr 2 on an exclusion list.

GTA5 was on sale the same year it came out on Black Friday (came out in September 2013 btw). It was $34 at Walmart. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2013/page-3#viewer

When it was released again for the PS4 / XB1 it was $25 (it came out November 18, 2014). https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2014/page-3#viewer

Also, stores make these discounts, not publishers. Publishers might offer discounts wholesale to stores but they don't change the in store price aside from MSRP. Now some items may get special releases for BF with its own MSRP just for that day like the Super Mario 3DS Bundle or Zelda Explorer's Edition.

i hope they allow preorder games on the b2g1 like last year. im lucky i still have my RDR2 coming in from last b2g1.  $37 shipped.

wrong GTA was on sale and Red Dead isn't a gnat on GTA's ass, it won't sell anywhere close to it so i guarantee it will be on sale during the holidays

I'm not convinced RDR2 will be on sale on BF. Last year Mario Odyssey came out the same day and I don't think that saw any BF sales.
But a big problem with your analogy though.. Rockstar game... vs NINTENDO 1st party title. You can't compare a Nintendo 1st party title vs, well pretty much any game.

Hmm. I'm thinking about cancelling my Best Buy order and just getting it from Target instead. I can buy it on Friday then buy it again from the B2G1F and return that copy. Would be $8 cheaper than GCU.

Is the target pin-set the only physical give away any retailer is doing for RDR2?

I still have my playing cards I got from Walmart when RDR came out... was hoping for something similar this time around

Is the target pin-set the only physical give away any retailer is doing for RDR2?
I still have my playing cards I got from Walmart when RDR came out... was hoping for something similar this time around
I think so. The only other thing I have seen is a map. I know Rockstar is selling some playing cards.

Guys, help me out.  I was checking out the first post in this thread but I am failing to see any deal.

Am I missing something or are we just posting MSRP games prices now?

Just wanted to let people know the ad for the bundle says "digital download" so it doesn't seem like there will be a physical copy of the game in the bundle box. If you were planning to buy the bundle & sell/return the game separately - not going to work. 

do you not understand what an ad thread is? they cant all be winners, just stating what is in the ad
Sorry, I see that now, but 2 things.

1. Don't ad threads appear sticky above everything else?

2. There are other video games in the ad, why aren't those listed?

I think would have preferred a RDR2 preorder store discount list which is what I think the original poster was going for.

Just wanted to let people know the ad for the bundle says "digital download" so it doesn't seem like there will be a physical copy of the game in the bundle box. If you were planning to buy the bundle & sell/return the game separately - not going to work.
There were reports that the Pro bundle included a physical copy so we'll see what comes out of this.

Sorry, I see that now, but 2 things.

1. Don't ad threads appear sticky above everything else?

2. There are other video games in the ad, why aren't those listed?

I think would have preferred a RDR2 preorder store discount list which is what I think the original poster was going for.
1. Yes, generally, but sometimes when there arent any "deals" it doesnt get stickied, or its just a simple oversight. sometimes its really only necessary to make a thread because if nobody does random people will complain in random threads asking where the weekly ad is.

2. Not sure, maybe because the OP saw that page and assumed that was all (usually target ads only have 1 page for video games) or maybe just cause red dead 2?

edit: i looked at the source listed in the OP and the page in the ad for other video games isnt included in their ad scans. their scan is 25 pages, actual ad is 32

Target is selling Red Dead at 9pm tomorrow but it only makes mention of the game. That would be weird if they held back the Pro console from being sold tommorow night.

This will be my first PS4 pro.  Does anyone know if the bundle will include a 4K hdmi cable (or whatever it's called)?

Thanks!  I'm so ready for this game.  Just bought my first 4K tv a little over a month ago and now my first pro mainly in prep for RD2.  That's one expensive game.  :D

There were reports that the Pro bundle included a physical copy so we'll see what comes out of this.
How can there be reports when the bundle isn't available yet? It says on the physical ad that the bundle is digital download. The console is the same old vanilla pro console just inside a box with RDR2 art. That's it. There will not be anything else in the box.

How can there be reports when the bundle isn't available yet? It says on the physical ad that the bundle is digital download. The console is the same old vanilla pro console just inside a box with RDR2 art. That's it. There will not be anything else in the box.
Playstation's site specifically states that it includes a copy of RDR2 on blu-ray disc.

Playstation's site specifically states that it includes a copy of RDR2 on blu-ray disc.
Then either Target is lying/mistaken in their ad or the bundles at Target don't have a physical copy. Point being, it's YMMV for anyone planning on buying the bundle and selling the game.

bread's done
Back