Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 - $34.99 via FB Marketplace

I ordered 2 controllers from them and they were legit Sony brand.  One was from Canada and the other from Mexico.  Mexico and Canada are the same region as the US, so if it's from Mexico, it should work just like a US copy, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting.. but even if real i think it might have region issues with trophies/dlc?
PS4 games are region free so I mean, you could play it and get trophies regardless, but may have to get DLC from the appropriate store *if* the disc has a different title id, I think that NA in general use the same ID's though

Hmm "fell off the truck" discount?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
This may sound like a crock of shit, but I know a guy that gets/used to get games from I have no idea where. Bought 3 disc only copies of FFXV from him weeks before the release date.

Never even played the game.

"Page not found" 

thats what I got.

still I live in Aus and I got the game yesterday for Aus$47 which is nearly us$35 from Amazon after a $15 discount from the App

PS4 games are region free so I mean, you could play it and get trophies regardless, but may have to get DLC from the appropriate store *if* the disc has a different title id, I think that NA in general use the same ID's though
Yeah i think the dlc could be an issue, id assume same as Vita games that we all imported.

Yeah i think the dlc could be an issue, id assume same as Vita games that we all imported.
yeah idk, it's *probably* a copy from mexico, so it *probably* has a North American titleid, so it *probably* matches the US version

The MX and US playstation stores both have this ID for the game:

UP1004-CUSA03041_00-REDEMPTION000002

so take that how you will

“PACKAGING NOTE: Case is in Spanish - Game is in English. THIS IS A PRE-ORDER: Item will ship when released (Oct 26th). Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
Developer: Rockstar Studios
Publisher: Rockstar Games - Condition: NEW - Warranty: 30 Day Warranty
See Less”

I occasionally get games from Latin America and the DLC issue is a real problem.

My first run-in was with The Witcher 3.  Couldn't play the expansions, and I had to get a US copy.  This guy had the same problem, and the CDPR people told him it was incompatible:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/dlcs-and-game-region.82443/#post-2561683

The other time I remember was with Horizon Zero Dawn, and the expansion The Frozen Wilds.

CUSA has two different IDs: CUSA01967 CUSA07326

With the CUSA07326 being the one specifically for Latin America.

Proof: https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/78eaja/the_frozen_wilds_cusa_compatibility_list/

I am well versed with the problems of games from different regions; so don't be too quick to be soothed by someone's words of false confidence.  But I suppose worst case scenario, you trade it back in and purchase the US version, and also having been taught a good lesson.

I am well versed with the problems of games from different regions; so don't be too quick to be soothed by someone's words of false confidence. But I suppose worst case scenario, you trade it back in and purchase the US version, and also having been taught a good lesson.
Won't have to worry about DLC compatibility if you don't buy the DLC :rofl: In all seriousness, yeah usually you can just create another acct in the region, and just buy some other region's currency card. In for one.

Guess the cartel are moving into video game sales now, too. Even if I had any sort of passing interest in this game I wouldn't support this shady front. 

I’m not too bummed if DLC will be an issue—I think. The little time I have for video games, I just want to zone out and be drawn into that world, so multiplayer is not a draw for me.

I enjoyed Undead Nightmare for RDR, but that was standalone so here’s hoping! The game is already 60 hours of gameplay, though, and that’s daunting to me. Gone are my days of 100+ hour JRPGs.

Besides the DLC issue, other region games are harder to get rid of, since you won't be able to trade it in to Gamestop for example.  You need to find an individual buyer that is also okay with the other region.

Besides the DLC issue, other region games are harder to get rid of, since you won't be able to trade it in to Gamestop for example. You need to find an individual buyer that is also okay with the other region.
Depends on what the disc looks like. If it has ESRB rather than PEGI you're probably in the clear. GS does disc only trades. They took my Canadian version of a 3DS game, no problem.

Depends on what the disc looks like. If it has ESRB rather than PEGI you're probably in the clear. GS does disc only trades. They took my Canadian version of a 3DS game, no problem.
That's because Canadian is still considered North America region. This deal the seller specifically said their RDR2 was Latin America region.

Besides the DLC issue, other region games are harder to get rid of, since you won't be able to trade it in to Gamestop for example. You need to find an individual buyer that is also okay with the other region.
I've had to return countless games to GameStop for them trying to sell me different region game they took in a trade without noticing. I even got a European shadow of the tomb raider the other day from Amazon when buying a new copy. People just don't pay close attention to it apparently.

That's because Canadian is still considered North America region. This deal the seller specifically said their RDR2 was Latin America region.
No. They said the product packaging was in Spanish. It's most likely from Mexico.

Edit: Scrolled down their post history.
The next most recent selling games post mentions Latin American versions (Spanish/Portugese packaging) so it's possible RDR2 is coming from a similar source.
That said, based on YouTube unboxing videos, nothing about the discs themselves seems to differ.

yeah idk, it's *probably* a copy from mexico, so it *probably* has a North American titleid, so it *probably* matches the US version

The MX and US playstation stores both have this ID for the game:

UP1004-CUSA03041_00-REDEMPTION000002

so take that how you will
this is multiplat, so in for my xbox juan

Mine says pending on Paypal and is waiting for FACEBK-DAILY STEALS to complete your order. Anyone else have this happen? Still took the money though. Figures. Maybe I messed up somewhwere, I've never ordered off Facebook before.

Saw the PayPal option when checking out and felt a bit more relieved with the purchase. I’m not in a super hurry to play it, and there’s no way it’ll be under $50 for BF, so this deal is too killer to pass up. You just know Rockstar will milk this for years like GTAV.

Mexico is in North America too... That's why they use the ESRB.

Again, it depends on what the disc looks like. If it looks like a US copy, Gamestop will take it. Regardless, this isn't an issue for people who don't buy DLC and want to keep their game.

The biggest scam might be creating a FB account for this.

Anyways, it could still be a scam no matter what, but there’s plausible possibility with currency conversion and a country that doesn’t give a damn about following Drop Date public relations crap with mass media, it doesn’t even necessarily have to have fallen off a truck.

bread's done
Back