- - - - -

Xbox One X x/ Red Dead Redemption 2 + Fallout 76 $460+Tax @ GameStop

xbox x1x red dead redemption 2 fallout 76

#31 Touch3  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

This is a sale by Microsoft. They’re not going to discount the PS4 for you.

Read before you snark.

This is a sale to promote a Microsoft system, and a game to play on your Microsoft system.

They're not going to discount the PS4 version of the game with the purchase of an Xbone.

Read between the lines.

#32 Haiko   UltraPowerDemond CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

So I ended up going through Best Buy and did the Xbox One X Tomb Raider bundle with the RDR2 pre-order (physical disc). I had a $5 certificate to apply. Everything said and done it was $480. They're selling copies of RDR2 tonight around 9PM so I'll be heading down there tonight to pick it all up. Not a bad deal! Super super pumped for RDR2 in 4k / HDR glory!

#33 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Read before you snark.

Think before you post.

#34 Haiko   UltraPowerDemond CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

I just realized that the Xbox One X and RDR2 are listed as two separate orders. The Xbox is currently available for pickup at Best Buy and RDR2 is not meaning I currently have the option to cancel the RDR2 pre-order which would refund me $62.60.

Useful for anyone who doesn't care about RDR2 and just wants to knock more money off the console price.

#35 Touch3  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

I just realized that the Xbox One X and RDR2 are listed as two separate orders. The Xbox is currently available for pickup at Best Buy and RDR2 is not meaning I currently have the option to cancel the RDR2 pre-order which would refund me $62.60.

Useful for anyone who doesn't care about RDR2 and just wants to knock more money off the console price.

Are they just showing up as 2 different entries on your purchase history, or do they actually have 2 different order numbers?

If it's the former, and you cancel, I wouldn't expect to get that money back.

#36 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

Just did this deal at GameStop. I look at it like I got the Red Dead UE and Fallout '76 for free which is a $160 value so this was a hell of a deal imo. I was gonna wait for the Battlefield V One X but this deal was too good to pass up. Plus the white X will match great with my white S. I'll be setting up my X while I wait for 9 o'clock to roll around.

Btw, the HYPE is real. My Gamestop was CRAZY-PACKED with people pre-ordering RD2. This thing is gonna do GTA numbers.

#37 Haiko   UltraPowerDemond CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:24 PM

It's the former. But it looks like they aren't charging my credit card until the order actually becomes available for pickup. So the $417.40 was already charged but the $62.60 was not.

edit: So I guess I was wrong with the wording in my original statement about getting a "refund" because it hadn't even been charged to begin with.

#38 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13833 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

Btw, the HYPE is real. My Gamestop was CRAZY-PACKED with people pre-ordering RD2. This thing is gonna do GTA numbers.

Lol yeah, somewhere in these forums a person was saying this wasn't going to be anywhere close to GTA but it's expecting a half-billion dollar weekend. 500. MILLION. DOLLAR$.

#39 gldndomer  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

I bought a new Xbox one s like two weeks ago and opened it. Have people had luck returning the console and picking up red Dead 2 to trigger the promotion? I'm definitely still within the 1 month return, just curious if the fact it's opened will dissaude GS employees from letting me if I tell them up front

#40 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

After the detailed analysis from Digital Foundry running Read Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One X, now I'm totally convinced I should get the X over the PS4 Pro.....those muddy textures on the Pro are hard proof Sony half-assed that console for a quick buck.

Im going for the X Forza 7 and Horizon 4 bundle with RDR2 from the Microsoft Store.

#41 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

Lol yeah, somewhere in these forums a person was saying this wasn't going to be anywhere close to GTA but it's expecting a half-billion dollar weekend. 500. MILLION. DOLLAR$.

https://www.cheapass...4#entry14061766

#42 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

I bought a new Xbox one s like two weeks ago and opened it. Have people had luck returning the console and picking up red Dead 2 to trigger the promotion? I'm definitely still within the 1 month return, just curious if the fact it's opened will dissaude GS employees from letting me if I tell them up front

I am pretty sure their policy states "Unopened" so you are probably out of luck. If every retailer allowed things such as this, why have a policy? I know it sucks so do not take my comment out of context... I guess the policy is written this way to avoid these types of situations.

#43 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

Why not just exchange it for the Xbox One X while you still are within the return policy.... especially now that the bundles come down to $399.99

#44 gldndomer  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

Why not just exchange it for the Xbox One X while you still are within the return policy.... especially now that the bundles come down to $399.99

I already bought the Xbox One S 500gb new for $220. If GS would let me get the Red Dead 2 promo with it, I could have gotten it for $180 plus a free RDR2. Then I could still trade it in for a X1X for $250 before tomorrow... I'll probably just trade it in today if they won't let me do it.

#45 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

I almost did this tonight but instead went with the PS4 Pro bundle with RDR 2. Decided it NBA and Spider-Man was a better buy for me.

#46 gldndomer  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:53 AM

Update in case anyone else was in my position. The second GS I went to allowed me to return and rebuy the opened new console I bought two weeks ago. Worked with red Dead 2 promo, took the price down in $100. I first asked about the X1X trade-in, but all stores around me are out of stock of non-bundle console, and refuse to try with the bundle version.

#47 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13833 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:02 AM

After the detailed analysis from Digital Foundry running Read Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One X, now I'm totally convinced I should get the X over the PS4 Pro.....those muddy textures on the Pro are hard proof Sony half-assed that console for a quick buck.

Or it could be that it's running hardware that's a year older and $100+ cheaper. It really should come as no surprise X1X has better graphics when a game can actually push it. TBH, the game looks damn pretty regardless, but that's not my complaint with the game: the micromanaging is.

I'm maybe 10 hours in and it's starting to feel a little bit like a chore constantly managing all of their survival systems. It slows down the pace of the game for me and things like making sure to bring my kills back to camp within an in-game day before it spoils, while trying to finish a mission with no way to save until it's over, after stopping to brush my horse and eat a cancerous amount of tobacco to maintain my deadeye -- it's a little cumbersome. The game is polished and incredible, but god damn does it feel like a job sometimes.

Oh, and whoever thought it would be so cool to micromanage your guns every fucking time you leave your horse so that I'm pulling out a pistol in a massive gunfight because I left all my rifles on the horse, can die tied to the train tracks.

#48 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

Or it could be that it's running hardware that's a year older and $100+ cheaper. It really should come as no surprise X1X has better graphics when a game can actually push it. TBH, the game looks damn pretty regardless, but that's not my complaint with the game: the micromanaging is.

I'm maybe 10 hours in and it's starting to feel a little bit like a chore constantly managing all of their survival systems. It slows down the pace of the game for me and things like making sure to bring my kills back to camp within an in-game day before it spoils, while trying to finish a mission with no way to save until it's over, after stopping to brush my horse and eat a cancerous amount of tobacco to maintain my deadeye -- it's a little cumbersome. The game is polished and incredible, but god damn does it feel like a job sometimes.

Oh, and whoever thought it would be so cool to micromanage your guns every fucking time you leave your horse so that I'm pulling out a pistol in a massive gunfight because I left all my rifles on the horse, can die tied to the train tracks.

i got a taste of this at the start when i had to use 2 different buttons to pick up my pistol and hat off the ground.

#49 DarthPwner  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

I really want to do this deal, but I can't help but feel like there will be a pretty decent price drop ($350-$400) for Black Friday plus a 20% off ebay coupon with no tax and free shipping plus some sort of bundle. It's actually a test of patience because I want the One X TODAY so I can play RDR2...

I have a One S, but I have been watching the comparison videos and damn it looks beautiful!

#50 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1522 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

I really want to do this deal, but I can't help but feel like there will be a pretty decent price drop ($350-$400) for Black Friday plus a 20% off ebay coupon with no tax and free shipping plus some sort of bundle. It's actually a test of patience because I want the One X TODAY so I can play RDR2...

I have a One S, but I have been watching the comparison videos and damn it looks beautiful!

So I agree that there is an imminent xb1x price drop, as this "save $100 with RDR2" is probably the last big push to move consoles at $500 before they drop, perhaps permanently.  However it's highly unlikely that ebay will have a sitewide 15/20 deal concurrent with BF bundles from certain sellers.  So I would just grab a cold Dr. P and weigh if $50-100 more for the xb1x is worth it having it to play rdr2 right now.

#51 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1760 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, I love to watch Digital Foundry, but they have a habit of convincing people that incredibly minor details are huge issues.  I get that what they say is technically correct, but many of the things they will home in on they have to still screen to even notice.  The main thing I like to see is the frame rate comparisons - as that can affect gameplay.  And also see if there are significant differences or issues with one platform or another.  I have RDR2 on the PS4 Pro (my XB is only an S model) and it looks amazing, hands down.  If I had an X, obviously I'd go for that version, but I wouldn't pick a console based on those differences.  The X is definitely a step up, but it is a $100 step up that requires a much better TV to leverage the advantages you get for that premium.

And yeah RDR2 is kinda slow moving.  It is great, but if people were expecting GTA on horses it really isn't a good assumption.  It has moments of quick action, but they are few and far between.  It's like living in a real deal Old West movie.  I was thinking the whole thing could have been licensed to make a really cool Westworld game (maybe a spin off).

#52 DarthPwner  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

So I agree that there is an imminent xb1x price drop, as this "save $100 with RDR2" is probably the last big push to move consoles at $500 before they drop, perhaps permanently. However it's highly unlikely that ebay will have a sitewide 15/20 deal concurrent with BF bundles from certain sellers. So I would just grab a cold Dr. P and weigh if $50-100 more for the xb1x is worth it having it to play rdr2 right now.

For me, I can just enjoy it on my One S. I just don't want to rush into this deal if I can save another $50-100. My S isn't that old, and I am content with it. Worst-case scenario, I just sell my One S for $200ish and upgrade for $100-150 since it is almost a certainty that they will be $400 around Black Friday. The only thing that I'm not certain about is if there will be any good bundles. I mean the dang State of Decay 2 bundle is a joke to me. Isn't worth upgrading for that one, but if there's a better bundle, hoping for RDR2 still, I'm just going to pull the trigger, $50-100 be damned.

#53 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

I have no desire to "upgrade" a 2nd time on the same console.

Xbox One->Xbox One S->and now the Xbox one X

I was willing to do it once... I did it with the PS4-> PS4 Pro also.

The BF deals I will bet they get near $400 also, I may be interested then. Maybe.. 80% of my gaming is PS4, 18% Switch, 2% Xbox... (I hadn't even turned on the Xbox for months until FH4 came out. I bought the S so I could watch 4K movies with my 4K TV... And haven't even watched any movie in months)

#54 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8339 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

Have no idea why anyone would switch from the VCR to an S unless they were dying for a UHD player and HDR support. The S was always just a sidegrade and a low budget start for non-early adopters (like the PS4 Slim but better because even the Pro doesn't have a UHD player).

On you for not doing your research.

#55 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, I love to watch Digital Foundry, but they have a habit of convincing people that incredibly minor details are huge issues.  I get that what they say is technically correct, but many of the things they will home in on they have to still screen to even notice.  The main thing I like to see is the frame rate comparisons - as that can affect gameplay.  And also see if there are significant differences or issues with one platform or another.  I have RDR2 on the PS4 Pro (my XB is only an S model) and it looks amazing, hands down.  If I had an X, obviously I'd go for that version, but I wouldn't pick a console based on those differences.  The X is definitely a step up, but it is a $100 step up that requires a much better TV to leverage the advantages you get for that premium.

And yeah RDR2 is kinda slow moving.  It is great, but if people were expecting GTA on horses it really isn't a good assumption.  It has moments of quick action, but they are few and far between.  It's like living in a real deal Old West movie.  I was thinking the whole thing could have been licensed to make a really cool Westworld game (maybe a spin off).

It's not about Digital Foundry trying to convince people, they always show you the facts and this time around it's no different as they show you how much more competent is the version of Red Dead Redemption 2 running on Xbox One X hardware vs PS4 Pro.......after all we play video games with only one purpose "immersion" .....and if the muddy textures and sub-par performance on the PS4 Pro gives you enough satisfaction then it's up to you to CONVINCE yourself that version is enough for you.

Don't confuse FACTS vs Conviction.......Two very different statements.

#56 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1760 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

It's not about Digital Foundry trying to convince people, they always show you the facts and this time around it's no different as they show you how much more competent is the version of Red Dead Redemption 2 running on Xbox One X hardware vs PS4 Pro.......after all we play video games with only one purpose "immersion" .....and if the muddy textures and sub-par performance on the PS4 Pro gives you enough satisfaction then it's up to you to CONVINCE yourself that version is enough for you.

Don't confuse FACTS vs Conviction.......Two very different statements.

No, they aren't forcing people to their opinions, but come on.  I never said there weren't differences, just that they were very minor.  At 30 FPS with motion blur those "muddy textures" aren't even noticeable.  It isn't like their comparison of the floors on XB1 vs XB1X on Soul Calibur 6.  They had to slow the game down to half speed and zoom in to show the difference - and then they just said it was "softer".  After all, even the base XB1 version still looks great and if your "immersion" is ruined and you consider that "sub-par performance" you really need to evaluate if you are playings games for enjoyment or for bragging rights.

#57 DarthPwner  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

I went ahead and bit this bullet. I got this bundle from ebay for $459 tax free/shipped. I'm planning on selling Black Ops 4 and that packed in controller. (Forgive me if the image is huge. Can't, for the life of me, figure out how to put the darn spoiler tags...)

6022EAEE-7153-4F8E-AEDD-ABF8F9631E4C.jpeg

#58 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14196 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

White X Fallout 76 Bundle- GS & MS Store exclusive
SotTR bundles- BB & MS Store exclusive
Forza Horizon 4 bundles- Walmart & MS Store exclusive

#59 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

No, they aren't forcing people to their opinions, but come on. I never said there weren't differences, just that they were very minor. At 30 FPS with motion blur those "muddy textures" aren't even noticeable. It isn't like their comparison of the floors on XB1 vs XB1X on Soul Calibur 6. They had to slow the game down to half speed and zoom in to show the difference - and then they just said it was "softer". After all, even the base XB1 version still looks great and if your "immersion" is ruined and you consider that "sub-par performance" you really need to evaluate if you are playings games for enjoyment or for bragging rights.

I have an X and an Xbox S, have played RDR2 on both. Does it look better on the X? My god, yes, it's gorgeous. Do I have less fun playing on the S, the last place system in regard to performance and appearance? Nope, not all.

#60 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

I have an X and an Xbox S, have played RDR2 on both. Does it look better on the X? My god, yes, it's gorgeous. Do I have less fun playing on the S, the last place system in regard to performance and appearance? Nope, not all.

Id like to get the X, someday.. but as much as i play on xbox (rarely) its just not worth the price. That $500 price tag...
just dropped $1200 on other “toys” this month, and ill be using them a lot more than the xbox.

I was a diehard xbox guy (original) and pretty much quit and went back to sony with the ps3/4. Only stuff i really buy for xbox now is exclusives or deep deep sale stuff.
Love the elite controller i picked up, but battery life is horrible... and even a new battery pack seems to disconnect from the xbox (4 feet away) at about 50%. Hit the xbox logo again and it connects and works again.

When the X drops around bf, i will most likely look into getting it.