Golf Story and Yooka-Laylee Switch physical pre-orders open at Best Buy

sevast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Did lrg ever publicly confirm this, I mean I know they did the run but I saw people doubting it in the lrg thread

Why am I tempted to order these? I already have them in order from Limited Run but the cover art is calling me (yes I know limited run will have these available). Doesn’t help I still have GCU.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

$24 for GS would have been nice, but Inlike the LRG cover my much better. $50 ($40 w/GCU) for Yooka-Laylee is nuts when the PS4 version is $20/$16 (and iirc, $15 during BF last year when I passed it up).

too bad u cant cancel LRG orders.
They are allowing cancellations of golf story due to this release not being announced during/before the order window. All you have to do is submit a ticket. Anyone that keeps their order will get a discount code for a future release.

[attachment=31198:8862B28E-8F0E-4BA1-AD93-CF1AD13610B0.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I read that BB was interested in 20K copies of Yooka-Laylee so that may last a while (especially at that price).  Golf Story will likely go quicker (but still may last for a bit - still too early to tell)

Thanks!  I placed an order for Golf Story.  After reading what LRG said it sounds like the total print run on Yooka Laylee is going to be around 25,000 including the LRG Sales so I don't think I need to rush at that price.  However it sounds like Golf Story and whatever mystery game they are going to announce will be in the 5,000 range at Best Buy so I didn't want to risk waiting on that one. 

They are allowing cancellations of golf story due to this release not being announced during/before the order window. All you have to do is submit a ticket. Anyone that keeps their order will get a discount code for a future release.

attachicon.gif
8862B28E-8F0E-4BA1-AD93-CF1AD13610B0.png
Very classy on their part. I will submit a ticket and get my GCU discount. It will be my last GCU bonus as my membership expires Friday.

My GCU expires soon. I have Golf Story digital, but may get that one physical with GCU before it expires, but Yooka-Laylee for $50 is a tough pill to swallow. 

My GCU expires soon. I have Golf Story digital, but may get that one physical with GCU before it expires, but Yooka-Laylee for $50 is a tough pill to swallow.
Same here.
I keep going back and forth on golf story.. $10 digital or $24 physical on a game i probably wont spend a lot of time with, everyone raves about it.. not entirely sold.
And no way on yooka-laylee. At first i thought BB was screwing people over at $50 for a $30 lrg game.. didnt realise lrg also sold it at $50.

Keeping watch on that 3rd game though.

I contacted them on Friday to cancel and have yet to receive a response. Anyone else in the same boat?

Best Buy bought the games from Limited Run games and Best Buy was only allowed to make a one time purchase. In other words, these games won't be restocked once they are sold out. Supposedly stock will be very small. No doubt Best Buy will mess something up (like overselling or something). GCU works. $30 and $50 before GCU.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/golf-story-nintendo-switch/6308322.p?skuId=6308322

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/yooka-laylee-nintendo-switch/6308305.p?skuId=6308305
That's awesome, thanks! Really wanted a physical Switch version but couldn't bring myself to pay 50+ GCU still being active and the short print I decided to bite.

I contacted them on Friday to cancel and have yet to receive a response. Anyone else in the same boat?
When you submit a ticket you get an automated email with some faq, this email says you must respond to the ticket with something along the lines of “this didn’t help” or your ticket will automatically close. Look in your spam filter for that email if you didn’t get it.

When you submit a ticket you get an automated email with some faq, this email says you must respond to the ticket with something along the lines of “this didn’t help” or your ticket will automatically close. Look in your spam filter for that email if you didn’t get it.
Yeah I didn't get an automated email, I checked spam too. When I look at the ticket status, it says 'Awaiting your reply', so just respond to the ticket saying, like you said, 'this didn't help'? Guess I'll go ahead with that. Thanks for the tip.

Do these have anything extra in the case? Golf Story for double the price of the digital version seems steep.
Physical always cost more, especially with Switch and their cartridge format. LRG games are generally $10 or more above digital so the Dev can get the same amount per copy sold instead of getting next to nothing after everyone gets their cut.

Do these have anything extra in the case? Golf Story for double the price of the digital version seems steep.
The Limited Run Games listings for both Golf Story and Yooka-Laylee state:

This release features full-color interior artwork and a full-color manual.

Presumably, since Best Buy is getting their stock from them, it should be the same.

The Limited Run Games listings for both Golf Story and Yooka-Laylee state:

This release features full-color interior artwork and a full-color manual.

Presumably, since Best Buy is getting their stock from them, it should be the same.
Since the cover is different, it is reasonable to assume the innards may differ as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the cover is different, it is reasonable to assume the innards may differ as well.
Didn't catch that... hopefully it's placeholder art from the digital purchase option? I'm buying it either way as at this point I just don't have long-term faith in console digital purchases for anyone but Microsoft. Not with Wii store shutting down, DSI - and every subsequent Nintendo console had to repurchase the same content, even if discounted. PSP store is gone unless you access outside of the console. Meanwhile, MS is going out of their way to add in legacy digital content and my old purchases are immediately available.

Sorry for the semi-related sidebar rant lol, but tldr; I prefer physical if I'm not getting it on Xbox or PC

bread's done
Back