* * * * - 1 votes

Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

Meijer Sale Clearance

#271 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

Anyone scan the 3ds/2ds systems? They were also on clearance and prices should've dropped recently.

#272 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:43 PM

Good to know, thanks.  I'm here in the same area and was just considering whether it was worth venturing out.  Did you check the one over by Mayfair mall?  They had a massive amount of junk games last time I was there (although that was a long time ago now I guess).

They are re doing the electronics section all those junk loose games are gone for some reason... Im in the area as well and the stores are wiped out a reseller beat us

#273 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:18 PM

Sadly, my two local meijer stores are redoing the games section and they had basically nothing out.  The employee said they had everything in the back.

#274 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7712 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

Lots of decent games at the Meijer in Monroe, MI. I picked up NHL 17 and Destiny: The Collection for Xbox One for $7.50 a piece. Destiny was marked at $20.99, but was even cheaper before the additional 50% discount.

The huge pile of hastily tossed games on that back shelf, heh. Nothing jumped out at me when I was in last... probably a day before your post.

#275 RocketChris  

RocketChris

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

The huge pile of hastily tossed games on that back shelf, heh. Nothing jumped out at me when I was in last... probably a day before your post.

They actually cleaned it up. I was there two nights ago.

#276 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

Is the 50% extra still going on? 

#277 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7712 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

They actually cleaned it up. I was there two nights ago.

I may have to check back in... all else hope their toy section got restocked some...

#278 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:17 AM

Went to my nearest Meijer yesterday and they had their few remaining 3DS titles marked 75% off - in other words, identical to the prices during the clearance bonus. Could be useful if you need a second chance.

#279 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:23 AM

Meijer is running an "additional 50% off clearance video games" promo this week, per their ad. The stores I went to today were very picked-over, and didn't have anything beyond the usual suspects (old sports titles and Sushi Striker). Your mileage may vary.

#280 Kagath   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:09 PM

My store changed it's aisle around so now the games are separated into brand sections. Haven't seen a single deal since this happened a couple months ago. Guess my Meijer game buying days are over for now at least.

#281 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

Yeah. The Xbox, Nintendo and Sony sections at the Meijers around me are pretty small. Maybe 15 titles per system now, even the Switch. They definitely seem to be transitioning them to at least carrying a smaller inventory. 

#282 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:38 AM

In general, Meijer seems to be curtailing their physical media. They got rid of CDs at my local Meijer stores, in addition to dropping the game selection to the bare essentials.

#283 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3230 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:37 AM

In general, Meijer seems to be curtailing their physical media. They got rid of CDs at my local Meijer stores, in addition to dropping the game selection to the bare essentials.

Meijers is late to the party, but yes, they're scaling back since physical media sales have been basically on a steep decline the past five years, and now with Covid-19, are literally collapsing.

All my Walmarts, Targets, and Best Buys have pretty much done the same.

#284 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:23 PM

There's an Mperks coupon for 10% off THPS 1+2 right now. Go in and clip!

#285 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:22 PM

There's an Mperks coupon for 10% off THPS 1+2 right now. Go in and clip!

$33.99 in-store at Walmart 

#286 mikeshinobi  

mikeshinobi

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:56 AM

Yeah. The Xbox, Nintendo and Sony sections at the Meijers around me are pretty small. Maybe 15 titles per system now, even the Switch. They definitely seem to be transitioning them to at least carrying a smaller inventory. 

They used to have such nice game sections. Such a shame. I hadn't been to any of my local Meijers in a long time and was quite sad with what I saw recently.

#287 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

My go-to for video games in the late 90s/early 00s was Meijer (after Funcoland and EB Games, before Gamestop bought them). I always enjoyed looking at their glass cases with games from the floor up, towering over my head. They would run buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday sometimes too.

#288 mikeshinobi  

mikeshinobi

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:39 PM

My go-to for video games in the late 90s/early 00s was Meijer (after Funcoland and EB Games, before Gamestop bought them). I always enjoyed looking at their glass cases with games from the floor up, towering over my head. They would run buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday sometimes too.

Now that you mention it, that's the deal I used to get my first 3 Switch games (Mario Kart 8, SMO and BotW). :(

#289 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:22 PM

Did they do PS5 or Xbox Series pre orders at these stores?  Cant find it even mentioned on the site

#290 ZForce  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:51 AM

Not sure but probably not, I don't think Meijer does preorders on anything.  GIven how at least the ones by me have cut down their gaming sections, it's hard to say if they'll even bother carrying the new consoles. 

#291 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

They'll carry the new consoles, because parents will pick them up around the holidays. They don't do preorders though.

My best console launch memory was actually at Meijer: the original Xbox. I went to a lower (for the time) trafficked Meijer and sat in line by the games section. They were getting ten consoles, and I was fourth in line I think. My mom went grocery shopping while I waited the two hours or so. What was nice is they went through the line ahead of midnight and asked what games and accessories people were planning on buying, then set those aside for each person in the order we were in line. I got a second controller, 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X' and 'Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee' (I picked up 'Halo' about a week later).

The best part was, we got one of our dogs that night. It was pouring outside, and he ran into Meijer to escape the rain. Some employees chased him around the store, before catching him and tying him up to the long newspaper dispenser that used to sit outside since the humane society wouldn't come until morning (it was about 1am at this point). My mom and I couldn't just leave him out in the wet cold, so we brought him home. He had no tags, so after a week of trying to find his owner, we kept him.

#292 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 10 October 2020 - 10:13 PM

Heads up looks like lots more games going on clearance...   Nothing to write home about at this time but depending on the store you may find some deals. If you still have a store with a dump rack of games most of them were $13.99

#293 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:51 AM

Yep, it looks like one of my local Meijer stores (48838 area) had another round of price reductions. Some decent finds this time, such as Death Stranding for $6 (90% off), Fire Emblem Three Houses for $30 (50% off) and a handful of other games such as Apex Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Just Dance 2016/2017, Deadly Premonition 2, etc. for 50% to 75% off. They also had a bunch of copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) for $4.

#294 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3230 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 12 October 2020 - 04:57 AM

Yep, it looks like one of my local Meijer stores (48838 area) had another round of price reductions. Some decent finds this time, such as Death Stranding for $6 (90% off), Fire Emblem Three Houses for $30 (50% off) and a handful of other games such as Apex Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Just Dance 2016/2017, Deadly Premonition 2, etc. for 50% to 75% off. They also had a bunch of copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) for $4.

Gotta think next gen Meijer will be largely pulling out of shelfing much physical media. Really makes little to no sense for them to have so much stock of these titles. They're not Walmart (and never will be). I want to be wrong, but, well, all their peers have pretty much already made the change.

#295 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:36 AM

Wow those are crazy prices

#296 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

Gotta think next gen Meijer will be largely pulling out of shelfing much physical media. Really makes little to no sense for them to have so much stock of these titles. They're not Walmart (and never will be). I want to be wrong, but, well, all their peers have pretty much already made the change.

Yeah, my Meijer recently renovated their electronic section and video games went from having a large wall and aisle to just one half aisle. It’s about a 3-4 foot wide area for each system and a selection of 8-10 recent games. I’m guessing that you’re right and it’ll probably shrink again.

#297 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13621 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, my Meijer recently renovated their electronic section and video games went from having a large wall and aisle to just one half aisle. It’s about a 3-4 foot wide area for each system and a selection of 8-10 recent games. I’m guessing that you’re right and it’ll probably shrink again.

I work at a newer store and that's all we have. Maybe 15 spots for each console.

#298 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:06 PM

Nothing really going on at the Cascade Meijer in GR. Unless you call $42 for 'Rage 2' a good clearance price. They had 'Apex Legends' whatever for $6.99.

#299 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3230 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:10 AM

I work at a newer store and that's all we have. Maybe 15 spots for each console.

So sad.  Physical media's slow march to niche oblivion continues ...

#300 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

So sad.  Physical media's slow march to niche oblivion continues ...

In Meijer's case, I think it's more that they just aren't selling gaming products in general as much. Outside of a couple of clearance purchases, I haven't seriously considered buying a newer game, accessory or even system at Meijer since I was in high school. My first thought is Best Buy, followed by Amazon, because of either rewards points or gift cards.