* - - - - 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 11/4-11/10

#31 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

No GCU discount for Labo? Might have pulled the trigger on two for $80.

GCU works on Labo.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#32 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

GCU works on Labo.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Not on the 2 for $100 deal. Would be nice to get 2 for $80.

#33 ritchardf  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

Not on the 2 for $100 deal. Would be nice to get 2 for $80.

i added the robot kit and the vehicle kit and they both show $39.50 in cart

#34 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

Same for me using Variety kit and Robot kit.  Might go ahead and grab this as a xmas present.

#35 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Same for me using Variety kit and Robot kit. Might go ahead and grab this as a xmas present.

Awesome. Thanks for this. This morning it wasnt taking off gcu. Good to know it is now.

#36 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2229 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:22 PM

Me too. Seems over priced still.

#37 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

Same for me using Variety kit and Robot kit.  Might go ahead and grab this as a xmas present.

Awesome. Thanks for this. This morning it wasnt taking off gcu. Good to know it is now.

I had the same issue last night when the deal went live, I ordered and came up $100 plus tax (minus $2 for in-store pickup) and ordered anyway, thanks for pointing out GCU applying now, canceled the old one and created a new one, saved $20 and now have a head start for my kid's Christmas shopping, have the Variety Kit already and was waiting on the Vehicle one, adding the Robot for just a bit extra is great. BTW, those Labo kits are a great bonding opportunity if you have a creative/hands-on kid (even if they are not it is a great time) and helps get his mind off Fortnite every once in a while LOL

#38 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24192 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:09 AM

I love the battlefield series but feel like V will be a huge failure for them. They have no momentum and the beta didn’t feel big and bold WW2 crazy action but felt like I was playing PUBG...

From what I read it seems like they tweaked a lot of what was wrong with the beta. You get more ammo, you start with a health pack, and there are going to be more vehicles in the game, the death penalty isn't as severe. I've never played a battle Royale game, but to keep it felt more like battlefield mixed with the combat of something like day of defeat. The guns felt heavy and if you had someone in your sights they were going down. Once I found the right assault gun for me, I was dropping people left and right.

I hated the beta, but felt compelled to keep playing it. The core gameplay is actually really fun. It's all the bad design decisions in the beta that were the turn off.

I don't think it will be as fun as 1 or have the same impact, but I'm still looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is there not being a horse. I need them to somehow get the horse in the game.

#39 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3991 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:08 AM

From what I read it seems like they tweaked a lot of what was wrong with the beta. You get more ammo, you start with a health pack, and there are going to be more vehicles in the game, the death penalty isn't as severe. I've never played a battle Royale game, but to keep it felt more like battlefield mixed with the combat of something like day of defeat. The guns felt heavy and if you had someone in your sights they were going down. Once I found the right assault gun for me, I was dropping people left and right.

I hated the beta, but felt compelled to keep playing it. The core gameplay is actually really fun. It's all the bad design decisions in the beta that were the turn off.

I don't think it will be as fun as 1 or have the same impact, but I'm still looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is there not being a horse. I need them to somehow get the horse in the game.

That’s great to hear! Glad that they are taking the 2 months after the beta to really fix things, as opposed to a beta really just being a demo of final version

#40 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24192 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:41 AM

That’s great to hear! Glad that they are taking the 2 months after the beta to really fix things, as opposed to a beta really just being a demo of final version

I think they thought they were done and then people told them the game was trash. They pushed it back because the feedback was terrible. If what they put out was the final version I would have skipped the game and kept playing 1. It was a really disappointing experience after how much I loved and still love 1. Two years later it's still the game I play if I'm playing mp.

#41 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3418 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

I had the same issue last night when the deal went live, I ordered and came up $100 plus tax (minus $2 for in-store pickup) and ordered anyway, thanks for pointing out GCU applying now, canceled the old one and created a new one, saved $20 and now have a head start for my kid's Christmas shopping, have the Variety Kit already and was waiting on the Vehicle one, adding the Robot for just a bit extra is great. BTW, those Labo kits are a great bonding opportunity if you have a creative/hands-on kid (even if they are not it is a great time) and helps get his mind off Fortnite every once in a while LOL

I don't own any of the Labo kits yet, but will probably take the plunge this week. Any suggestions on which 2 to get?

#42 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:32 PM

I don't own any of the Labo kits yet, but will probably take the plunge this week. Any suggestions on which 2 to get?

If I had to choose I would go with the Variety Kit and the Vehicle Kit, on the Variety Kit you get several different experiences and many hours of construction and thinkering, plus the motorcycle one is compatible with Mario Kart 8. The vehicle Kit is the newest one and seems to be the best one overall, also the steering wheel kit is also compatible with Mario Kart 8. The Robot Kit seems cool but I see it as its own thing, I just got it since I already had the Variety Kit since launch and it was about $60 for just the vehicle kit or $80 for the 2 kits (vehicle/Robot) it was a no brainer with my soon to expire GCU

#43 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3610 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

I hear battlefield v is a bigger disappointment than Jeb Bush

#44 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3174 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

Question, would best buy allow me to use the $5 mystery reward preorder game etc or no?

#45 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13687 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

Yes, but not with GCU stacking apparently. Was going to use mine on FO76 but oh well on that heh.