* * * * * 1 votes

Gamestop Pro days Nov 9-11

#361 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted Yesterday, 04:14 PM

W can expect a prestige day soon correct?

Not that soon, I think it will be closer towards Christmas/New Year.  It only occurs 4 times a year and the previous one landed on Sept 22nd.

#362 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

W can expect a prestige day soon correct?

Somebody mentioned in the Gamestop thread about a week ago that they were told by a Gamestop employee that the next one would be on 12/8. 

#363 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Somebody mentioned in the Gamestop thread about a week ago that they were told by a Gamestop employee that the next one would be on 12/8. 

Really?  Not saying anyone is wrong but having Pro Days, Black Friday, and Prestige Day all within a month seems a bit off to me.

#364 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

What is prestige day? 🤔

#365 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12717 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:20 AM

What is prestige day?

Certain stores meet their goals, Gamestop calls them a prestige store, and they run a sale exclusive to those stores.  https://www.gamestop.com/stores

It will tell you the prestige store(s) in your area.  

#366 johnmstewart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4093 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

johnmstewart

Posted Today, 12:30 AM

my local store finally hit prestige - looks like 3 or 4 within 25 miles of me have recently hit it as well.

Maybe they lowered the goals?

#367 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted Today, 01:03 AM

Certain stores meet their goals, Gamestop calls them a prestige store, and they run a sale exclusive to those stores.  https://www.gamestop.com/stores

Sry, how do I know if it's a preistege store or not from that list. It just shows every store in my area.

#368 johnmstewart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4093 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

johnmstewart

Posted Today, 01:05 AM

Sry, how do I know if it's a preistege store or not from that list. It just shows every store in my area.

It would say Prestige at the end of the store name.

#369 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted Today, 01:12 AM

It would say Prestige at the end of the store name.

Thanks, looks like zero stores near me. I knew a couple other zip codes and I need to drive at least 30 minutes one way to get to a preistege store. :( Not that I'll need anymore games after Black Friday for awhile. Lol

#370 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4948 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

Hmm .. with Astro bot on sale for $19 next week, my b2g1 price doesn’t seem quite so hot. Think I may return those before the 7 days are up. Although I noticed GS has a gift return policy for All merchandise bought over the holidays ... interesting.

#371 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted Today, 01:28 AM

Certain stores meet their goals, Gamestop calls them a prestige store, and they run a sale exclusive to those stores. https://www.gamestop.com/stores

A big part of it is positive survey receipts. They need a certain % and its actually very low but few people do them.

#372 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted Today, 01:36 AM

Thanks, looks like zero stores near me. I knew a couple other zip codes and I need to drive at least 30 minutes one way to get to a preistege store. :( Not that I'll need anymore games after Black Friday for awhile. Lol

You're not really missing much in terms of huge sales.   Prestige promotions usually are B2G1 on pre-owned products, 10% bonus credit added to trade-ins and off pre-owned titles, and lackluster promos on t-shirts/collectibles.