* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy Mystery Certificate (Check Email)

#241 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:55 AM

got Super Bomberman R Shiny Edition for ps4 with the $5 mystery certificate and GCU it came out to $10.99

#242 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3054 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:24 AM

I used my cert on FO76. I’m glad it finally stacks with GCU. In the past, I’ve let them expire because there was nothing I wanted to use them on.

#243 ohram   Ohram CAGiversary!   1553 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

How do you use this code online

Try signing into your Best Buy account, then going to your email and clicking the link to see your mystery certificate. Mine linked directly to my account and I didn't have to enter any pin numbers or codes. If you're paying with Paypal you need to click through the normal checkout to apply it, not the checkout with Paypal method.

#244 flyersfan8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

flyersfan8

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:55 AM

4th year in a row that I do not get this

#245 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11710 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

4th year in a row that I do not get this

I think I'm going on about 8 years in a row not getting it.  Funny thing is I used to get it every time before that.

#246 djricekcn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

djricekcn

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

I think I'm going on about 8 years in a row not getting it.  Funny thing is I used to get it every time before that.

so is this random amount a random chance to get?  i never knew about this and havne't gotten it once as well

#247 Shadowpossum  

Shadowpossum

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

Took my $5 cert in last night.  Originally wanted to use it to preorder Smash, but wasn't sure whether it would stack with GCU, so I decided to grab a year of Nintendo Switch Online instead.  The cashier was having difficulty scanning it (perhaps because it's a subscription, but people on here have been saying PSN credit works, so IDK).  Eventually the cashier gave up and said he'd just override the amount off my total and I'd be able to use the cert again.  I thanked him for the nice gesture, but told him that it would unfortunately expire that night.

Then I jokingly say, "Did I say $5?  I meant $10."  Without question, the cashier says okay and gets the override from a supervisor.  And that kids, is how I got a year of NSO for 50% off.

It pays to be nice and never hurts to ask!