- - - - -

Best Buy Black Friday Ad

#151 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

Bruh no my hero ones justice sale? Not even Spider-Man which came out like two months ago.

#152 PIZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Will these BB prices on Xbox and PS4 games only apply to physical copies or will they apply to digital versions as well?

#153 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:37 AM

Seems people forgetting that they do unadvertised sales over Black Friday weekend so not everything you see here is what you’re getting.

#154 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

OuO bb never fails

#155 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Lots of prices here are incrediblely uncompetitive. I got Crash Trilogy for Switch from BB for $20 months ago. Overwatch is always on sale for $30 - the fact it's 30 on BF is really dumb. But Detroit, GoW, The Evil Within 2 and maybe AC Origins are some great candidates. Betting Persona 5 will be $20 during some January sale.

#156 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6185 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:52 PM

Are preview items available in store for the same price?

#157 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

All this talk of TVs... I discovered a couple years back that if you just want a huge screen for a great relative price, BF is the time to shop.  Otherwise, the last week of January offers the better quality picture at a great size and price.  Why?  Superbowl is right around the corner.

If you're debating between an OLED and an LCD and which is going to have better blacks, etc, wait another couple of months - leave Black Friday for the guys who want to show off their washed-out 65" screens they got for $500.

#158 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:25 PM

I’m in the market for a new TV myself. My new PS4 Pro is having issues with my 10+ year old Samsung. Picture showed up fine first, but whenever I boot it up now, the screen flickers black. It’s not the PS4 since I hooked it up to two other TVs and it plays fine.

I’m thinking of investing an going for an LG OLED, I want a TV that does both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. I’d like a new TV soon, but waiting a few months to save substantial money would be great as well.

#159 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Black_Friday_blog_v01.jpg

Don't think this has been posted in either thread yet. Seems like they want to get a head start on getting people their stuff before Thursday this year. :D

#160 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

Black_Friday_blog_v01.jpg

Don't think this has been posted in either thread yet. Seems like they want to get a head start on getting people their stuff before Thursday this year. :D

Hopefully some games go live so I can stack GCU.

#161 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

Only via Store Pickup.

#162 Omega X  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

Yes, I went in yesterday to use my mystery coupon and all the preview items had the online prices in store.

#163 Sielanas  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

All this talk of TVs... I discovered a couple years back that if you just want a huge screen for a great relative price, BF is the time to shop.  Otherwise, the last week of January offers the better quality picture at a great size and price.  Why?  Superbowl is right around the corner.

If you're debating between an OLED and an LCD and which is going to have better blacks, etc, wait another couple of months - leave Black Friday for the guys who want to show off their washed-out 65" screens they got for $500.

Is the Super Bowl sale real? Multiple years I waited and nothing came other than more items listed in the ad for mediocre discounts. Realistically Spring is the right time when the old models are being cleared out.

#164 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7690 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

I would wholeheartedly recommend not buying games if you have GCU. Pretty sure last year everything went on sale for the same or lower between BF and xmas.

Maybe not everything but several games.  Not last year but the year before I bought 5 games AFTER BF same price or cheaper and GCU worked.  I didn't buy anything last year after BF though.

Not too much I am looking for anyway.  Might wait and see it Detroit is $19.99 after BF.   There is a 4GB external HD for $79 and a 32GB USB stick.  Might get that to replace the external HD on my XBox One.  I have a 2GB that is way past half full.  Also wondering if it is starting to fail maybe.  Available now.  

#165 Omega X  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Maybe not everything but several games.  Not last year but the year before I bought 5 games AFTER BF same price or cheaper and GCU worked.  I didn't buy anything last year after BF though.

Not too much I am looking for anyway.  Might wait and see it Detroit is $19.99 after BF.   There is a 4GB external HD for $79 and a 32GB USB stick.  Might get that to replace the external HD on my XBox One.  I have a 2GB that is way past half full.  Also wondering if it is starting to fail maybe.  Available now.  

I bought the 4GB external HDD yesterday and used the mystery coupon. If you have a mystery coupon, go for it.

#166 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

Yes, I went in yesterday to use my mystery coupon and all the preview items had the online prices in store.

Aha. I thought he meant the actual "Early Access" sale.

#167 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Don't forget Madden and FIFA are on sale at Walmart right now for $29 with in store pick up. Save yourself the trip or hassle.

IIRC, early access will give me 20% off at BB. But thank you! 

#168 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Maybe not everything but several games. Not last year but the year before I bought 5 games AFTER BF same price or cheaper and GCU worked. I didn't buy anything last year after BF though.

Last year, there were no real deals on Cyber Monday that were better then Black Friday. However, two years ago, I had to do a bunch of returns/rebuys when CM prices were better. Unless you are stuck at your credit limit, it doesn’t hurt to buy now and buy again if needed.

#169 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

IIRC, early access will give me 20% off at BB. But thank you! 

Sorry, Early Access is considered Black Friday and GCU will not work.

Can we put this in the OP?

#170 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13662 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

Unless it does. ;) ;) ;)

#171 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

Unless it does. ;) ;) ;)

:-$ :-$ :-$

#172 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6185 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

Does anyone know when the early access currently going on ends?

#173 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone know when the early access currently going on ends?

It's a 4-day sale, so through Monday.

#174 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

No one reads the OP. You should know this by now. 😎