* * * * * 1 votes

Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition $19.99 @ Bestbuy ($15.99 GCU)

#31 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Still having a hard time pulling the trigger at $15.78 after GCU/$1 off pickup/tax because of how dirt cheap the first one got on PS3. Plus the fact that I never end up playing massive RPGs as I've never even opened my red steelbook Persona 5 among many other digital ones I've wasted money on over the years.

#caglife

#32 Ibacai  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

I picked one up just for the steelbook. I already have the game digitally but want the steelbook because I’m stupid.

#33 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1402 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Still having a hard time pulling the trigger at $15.78 after GCU/$1 off pickup/tax because of how dirt cheap the first one got on PS3. Plus the fact that I never end up playing massive RPGs as I've never even opened my red steelbook Persona 5 among many other digital ones I've wasted money on over the years.

#caglife

Dude... open that P5. I just beat it on Friday night. 145 hours on the first playthrough. Great value

#34 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

Not many games aren’t?

Has good reviews and they fixed difficulty issues it seems

The complaints about difficulty were always weird to me. I died probably 100 times in my NNK2 playthrough. DQXI which I've never seen any difficulty complaints about I'm about 65 hours in and haven't gotten remotely close to dying once.

#35 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1585 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

It comes with all that stuff but not the Season Pass, which is weird.

Still a great deal, though. In for one.

#36 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:03 PM

The complaints about difficulty were always weird to me. I died probably 100 times in my NNK2 playthrough. DQXI which I've never seen any difficulty complaints about I'm about 65 hours in and haven't gotten remotely close to dying once.

It was crazy easy in the beginning, but by the time I got to the engineer town there were crazy jumps in enemy level... that's when I started reading up stuff online and realizing I was missing massive elements of the game and item upgrading lol

#37 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

This game worth it for $20?  

96 hours for the game and platinum; ok story, not as good as the first; combat is really fun, preferred it to the first; kind of annoying intermittent voiced sections and text sections; overall, after I beat the game I still really enjoyed the grind for the platinum because the combat is fun; worth it for 20 for sure, I got this enjoyment from launch price 

#38 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Thank you Derrick

Grabbed one (no store has within 250mi). Seems my gcu is still good.

May be the collector's edition will receive a great discount soon.

#39 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1293 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Ordered thanks.

#40 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

#caglife

Buy it bruh. I did.
I still have the NNK2 Eu Collectors still Sealed
It’s what we do :beer:

#41 NeoMonk  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

I'll chuck it on the backlog, hoping I can get to it in 2019!

(I wont')  :-

#42 Jurai  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

I heard the paper craft thing is a pain in the ass to assemble

Can confirm, I gave up and threw it away

#43 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

Dude... open that P5. I just beat it on Friday night. 145 hours on the first playthrough. Great value

Damnnnn how long were you grinding Mementos

Definitely a great game all around and everyone should give it a go

#44 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1402 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Damnnnn how long were you grinding Mementos

Definitely a great game all around and everyone should give it a go

A very long time! Also got many trophies first round

#45 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6311 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:29 PM

I played and plaitnumed both the original and this one. It isn’t as fun as the original and the story definitely lacks.

Felt the same way. It just isn't as good as the first game. Doesn't help that they changed the battle system and catching component to something lackluster. Sucks that the text is a bit too small and there is way too much text to read.

I bought it day one but can't find myself to continue playing it. One day I'll get back to it though. Rather replay the first to be honest.

#46 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4480 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

It comes with all that stuff but not the Season Pass, which is weird.

Still a great deal, though. In for one.

Season pass, what's that?

Unfortunately the game seems dead, no extra content related to the pass has ever been released. And if it ever does, the game will be long forgotten.

#47 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:55 PM

It was crazy easy in the beginning, but by the time I got to the engineer town there were crazy jumps in enemy level... that's when I started reading up stuff online and realizing I was missing massive elements of the game and item upgrading lol

Same the robot in enginerring town mop the floor with me so i actually have to grind a bit lol

#48 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:07 PM

Not sure it's the best purchase for me since I'd rather be buying and playing Dragon Quest. Probably keep the steelbook and ditch the game down the line.

PS: No longer available for shipping, store pickup only. Now I'm glad I pulled the trigger on it when I did. Nothing available within 250 miles.

#49 roguejedi5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

roguejedi5

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

I had it in my cart, but disappeared when i try checking out  :-(  I guess it wasn't meant to be.

#50 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

I picked up the day 1 edition since the premium is sold out. Used GCU and the $5 mystery certificate they emailed me.

I hope this is better than the reviews say.

#51 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

I picked up the day 1 edition since the premium is sold out. Used GCU and the $5 mystery certificate they emailed me.

Did you have a problem using gcu with the mystery certificate? Some have reported you can't use both at the same time.

#52 QuietStorm321   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

QuietStorm321

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

In store or online? I thought GCU couldn't be combined with the mystery cert.

#53 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

In store or online? I thought GCU couldn't be combined with the mystery cert.

It works with GCU. I picked up a copy in store as well and had no problems. I just had him scan the code after the GCU discount and it applied right away.

#54 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

It works with GCU. I picked up a copy in store as well and had no problems. I just had him scan the code after the GCU discount and it applied right away.

Although I didn't get a mystery code this year (WTF?), I can confirm that the mystery certificate acts like a form of payment and does not override the automatic GCU discount that is applied at the register.  At least, this is how it has operated the past 5/6 years (which doesn't explain why I didn't get a mystery certificate this year...). 

#55 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5370 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:06 AM

What's the better deal? This at $15 or Dragon Quest XI for probably $35?

The only other JPRG ive played in the past 2 years was Persona 5.

#56 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:22 AM

Looks like they sold out.

#57 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5713 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:23 AM

Did they scan it off your phone or did you print it? I see in the fine print t says can not be scanned off phone

#58 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5713 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:24 AM

What's the better deal? This at $15 or Dragon Quest XI for probably $35?

The only other JPRG ive played in the past 2 years was Persona 5.

There is something off with Dragon Quest XI if not for the super bland characters it just feels more geared to be more of a beginners entry to the series game....

#59 Eh? What?   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, it's the same price; I got the Day 1 before they sold out of the Premium.  I just don't care about the extra stuff.

#60 Sinfulfate   The Podfather CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:47 AM

Thanks OP. Was gonna pick it the regular edition for $20 at gamestop but glad I waited.