Shining Resonance Refrain $24.99 (Switch) @ Amazon

also the Draconic Launch Edition is on sale for the same price
Good catch. Dangerous as the likely scenario will be metal case + bubble mailer. Might give it a shot anyway.

How does this game run on switch? I know it's not ps4 pro xb1x enhanced so is docked mode on NS pretty similar to the console counterparts?

I believe this is a black friday sale price too, so it's a good if you want the switch version prior to Thanksgiving.

While in general, the PS4 version will be superior, I hear the only major issue with the switch version is that it runs at 30fps (even docked). They look similar and I think you'll have to go PS4 pro for 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's currently this price on PS4 for their digital Black Friday sale. I think this may just be the Black Friday price across the board for all consoles. I am tempted, as I am a huge Shining series fan, but this looks nothing like the Shining Force games that I grew up with.

Well I bought it for $30 on the draconian edition which is still cheap enough.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

same price for bb early access seems like a very niche game
Of course it is, this one will be like Atelier games, will be wiped out during holidays and won't be back in stock.

I can wait for Dragon Quest Xi to find it cheaper later, maybe spring, but this one will disappear during holidays.

Welp got my copy delivered from Best Buy today and despite the fact I ordered the launch edition on their website (and what the packing slip shows) it's the regular standard edition with no metal case.... pretty disappointed about that.

Welp got my copy delivered from Best Buy today and despite the fact I ordered the launch edition on their website (and what the packing slip shows) it's the regular standard edition with no metal case.... pretty disappointed about that.
Yeah, I wouldn’t trust Best Buy and their launch edition stuff (especially Nicalis titles in particular). It’s a hit or miss.

Damn I ordered from Best buy to get the points, should have ordered from Amazon

Out of nowhere I revisited Amazon a few minutes ago, I knew BB was going to sell out all copies.

I just ordered one Draconic from Amazon :)

PS4 launch edition hit $24.99 again at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Shining-Resonance-Refrain-Standard-PlayStation-4/dp/B079YQKVFH/

For those wondering the difference between Switch and PS4/XB1, Switch runs at 30fps while PS4/XB1 runs at 60fps. Switch is 1080p docked, 720p portable. I went with the PS4 version since I'm rarely portable so will take the extra fps.
Ordered the PS4 Launch Edition from Amazon earlier today and it already shipped. May even get here tomorrow. It'll be an easy return if they send the wrong version.

Got my Amazon order of the PS4 Launch Edition today. Correct version sent ^^

My order just came in from Amazon and they sent the standard version even though I'm pretty sure I ordered the launch edition, but when I check my order history it shows standard so I'm not sure anymore.

Just had the same issue with Best Buy. I ordered the Draconic, but just got the standard edition.

All the "Draconic Edition" entails is the metal slipcase right? If nothing is missing from the game itself I am not too bothered.

Also got the standard Switch edition from Best Buy. Probably end up returning it and order from Amazon even though I did the Samsung Pay cash back deal at Best Buy, or maybe write off the whole thing.

I also got the standard edition from Best Buy when ordering the Draconic Launch Edition.  Thanks for this.  Hopefully Amazon won't send me the same one.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shining-resonance-refrain-nintendo-switch/6214326.p?skuId=6214326

Looks like they have updated the listing and also updated my order history to say the product is the standard version. The received order email says "Shining Resonance Refrain Draconic Launch Edition". That is not what I received. Shady.

Will try to go though support to see what they have to say and if it's less then positive I'll return it. Not pleased...
Surprisingly enough, when I called to complain, the replacement they sent actually was the Launch Edition. The standard edition was the one showing as unavailable at the time.

Now let's see everyone who orders the standard edition receive the launch one instead.

bread's done
Back