Xbox game DVR drive, can't get this enabled

Thebacklash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, traded in my xbox one S and got the X a week ago.

Plugged in a new 8TB drive/hub from Seagate, transferred all my games to the new hd (from old 1tb drive)

Decided i'd plug in the 1tb as the dedicated game video capture drive but running into a bit of a problem.

I plug it into my PC, format it as NTFS.

Plug into the back of the X (not the hub) and select it as the video capture location.

Popup says I must *first* format it as NTFS......

Plug it back into PC, yep NTFS drive...

Back into X, rinse/repeat.

Reformatted multiple times, quick and long way, neither work. Formatted for games/apps, does not work. Plugged it back into PC and re-formatted as NTFS, still get the popup saying i need to format it as NTFS first even though it already is. Driving me crazy.

Drive is a usb 3.0 1TB WD Elements drive

(yes, rebooted the X a few times just in case, still nothing)

Edit: Fixed it.

For anyone else that may have this problem, I have been searching for a week trying to figure this out.

Read that people were having this problem with a new drive, but for just external storage for games, They had to just keep swapping to a new port and it would eventually "correct" itself and work. I ended up plugging it into the front port and it worked, unplugged it and put it back in the port on the back... and it kept the settings for capture drive.

Annoying but it's fixed now. (i hope)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back