- - - - -

Huge Dollar General Bluray 'Glitch' Sale $1.24 New Blurays DEAD! Please Close!

#1 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

Dollar General stores are running a half off their $4.95 blurays. On top of this they ring up b1g1 making them $1.24 each .

They will ring up half off but wont take the additional 1.24 off each movie until they total the order.

Many different titles to choose from old and new. Look for their double sided bluray cardboard display.

This deal only works on the $4.95 titles.

Also thanks to CinemaSickness for pointing this out

https://m.youtube.co...h1xlbYM&t=1258s

#2 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:19 AM

Just make sure to double check that they run ok. Ran into an issue with some dvd's there awhile back.

#3 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:41 AM

Just make sure to double check that they run ok. Ran into an issue with some dvd's there awhile back.

Were your discs previewed or scratched?

Ill look through my discs when i get home. Just hit store number 7. Im sure they are fine though.

#4 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

Were your discs previewed or scratched?

Ill look through my discs when i get home. Just hit store number 7. Im sure they are fine though.

Previewed.

They had some scratches.

Still good to make sure that the discs don't have any defects and stuff.

#5 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

most of the discs are new. there are some previewed ones though. and of course its good to check for stuff. that can be said buying from any store.

#6 Dawg Pound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dawg Pound

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:43 AM

This go for all Dollar General stores, including the DG Markets?

#7 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:55 AM

This go for all Dollar General stores, including the DG Markets?

dont know what you mean by dollar general market? like grocery store? if so then yes. Most of the Dollar Generals I went to were grocery stores. Youll know if its a working location by looking at their ad in the store. they advertise Buy 1 Get 1 Free on $4.95 titles. the half off isnt advertised.

#8 Dawg Pound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dawg Pound

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:10 AM

dont know what you mean by dollar general market? like grocery store? if so then yes. Most of the Dollar Generals  went to were grocery stores. Youll know if its a working location by looking at their ad in the store. they advertise Buy 1 Get 1 Free on $4.95 titles. the half off isnt advertised.

Yeah, the DG Markets are just bigger and have a wider selection of grocery items and produce.  I've got a couple of them around me as well as regular Dollar General stores.  Looks like I'll be hitting a few of them in the morning.  Thanks for the help.

#9 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, the DG Markets are just bigger and have a wider selection of grocery items and produce.  I've got a couple of them around me as well as regular Dollar General stores.  Looks like I'll be hitting a few of them in the morning.  Thanks for the help.

no problem. Happy Hunting

#10 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

if anyone would like me to post a list of some of the blurays you may find let me know and I can start a list. but its ymmv. I found lots of titles at each location I went to that werent at other locations. Some are more common then others though.

#11 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

I just stopped at a nearby location and picked up the following:

• Hercules Extended Cut
  • Lincoln
  • Tron Legacy
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (70s version)
  • The Visit
  • Carrie (Remake with Hit-Girl)
  • Les Miserables (with Wolverine): 
    Spoiler
  • Uncle Buck/Fletch 2-pack

I saw a bunch of Glee and some random comedies I didn't care for. I saw Species and some other ones for $2.95, but left those there since I figured they wouldn't ring up as half off.

Watching through the YouTube video, a lot of similar movies that he showed I saw in the one store I went to. I might head to a couple other stores on my way in to work tomorrow morning.

#12 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14351 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check some out after work tomorrow.

#13 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11936 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

They ran this exact same promotion last year, glitch and all.  Pretty good deal only rivaled by the Dollar Tree $1 Blu-Rays.  Will likely be near a DG tomorrow so I will probably check it out.

#14 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

Think this might be dead. Trues at two other stores today and it only dropped them down to 2.48. Can anyone else confirm?

#15 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

Read new responses on Youtube. This seems to be dead. Glitch is fixed. Sorry guys

#16 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:22 AM

Read new responses on Youtube. This seems to be dead. Glitch is fixed. Sorry guys

I can confirm it's dead. Luckily i hit a store this morning and got a bunch of movies. Stopped at another store around 5pm central and everything rang up at 2.48.

Thanks for posting.

#17 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8414 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:29 AM

Its kinda sad I didnt get anything when ai found out the glitch stopped working. $2.48 is still a great deal for somr of the titles you can find. But I was upset it wasnt working so I just told the cashier I didnt want anything and walked out.

#18 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11936 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

I stopped in at noon today and it was still working.  Sounds like it died off soon after that though.