Darksiders III (PS4 Only) via FB app Daily Steals $34.99

No coupon on 2 accounts. People on SD still got the $10 off coupon even after buying items from DS via Marketplace with the same account last week.

It's targeted by FB account as well as restricted to Android app, which is something people aren't understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
No coupon on 2 accounts. People on SD still got the $10 off coupon even after buying items from DS via Marketplace with the same account last week.

It's targeted by FB account as well as restricted to Android app, which is something people aren't understanding.
Nothing for me either. I would order Darksiders 3 if the coupon was applicable to my account.

No $10 coupon for me (even though it was my first time ever using ds?) but still went ahead and went for $34.99 since i was going to pay $51.95 (with tax) at Best Buy GCU. Just hope it comes through.

thanks for the heads up OP. 

Was able to get the discount code to work

1. Go to the Marketplace and Scroll Down, the offer for the black Friday $10 showed up

2. Just selected a random item that it was eligible on, added to my cart and went to check out to see the promo code, copied the promo code and discarded the item. 

3. Added Darksiders 3 to my cart, pasted the code in the promo section as was able to add and check out.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31364]

PayPal shows 2 charges for 1 order. Guess I’ll be calling PayPal.[attachment=31365:51EC93F0-963F-401A-A909-7CDC199D64E4.jpeg]

Or you could sell it for a profit probably $40 pretty easily. I mean you were lucky to get two games both with the $10 off but up to you.

Its just an authorization though they both might not go through.

I paid $34.99.

And reviews are in and it looks this game is a piece of shit

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/darksiders-iii

Amazon dropped their price to $40 months ago (I had no idea). Is there any way to get a refund through Facebook Daily Steals?
Not really, the reviews aren't stellar but not many are in and one of them (from Game Rant) is ridiculously low (20/100) which screws the average. Without that outlier, the reviews are in the range of the previous games in the series. I think your "piece of shit" designation is a bit over the top like that outlier review.

Not really, the reviews aren't stellar but not many are in and one of them (from Game Rant) is ridiculously low (20/100) which screws the average. Without that outlier, the reviews are in the range of the previous games in the series. I think your "piece of shit" designation is a bit over the top like that outlier review.
Gamespot is another “outlier” at 4/10. Several other sites in the 6/10 range. The first two had scores in the low to mid 80s on Metacritic. This is a good 20 point lower. Maybe not a piece of shit but certainly not in the range of the other games either.

This is a sub $20 game at best for me. Maybe more like $10.

Gamespot which is a site most people consider reputable gave it a 4/10.

If you look at some of the sites giving it an 8 I've never even heard of them.

Besides how do you figure one review out of 29 would bump it up to Darksiders 1 and 2 which scored in the 80s? You're wrong, and why is that review any less valid than any of the ones giving it an 85? If you just invalidate all low review scores of course it will score well. That makes no sense.

If you look at some of the sites giving it an 8 I've never even heard of them.

Besides how do you figure one review out of 29 would bump it up to Darksiders 1 and 2 which scored in the 80s? You're wrong, and why is that review any less valid than any of the ones giving it an 85? If you just invalidate all low review scores of course it will score well. That makes no sense.
I was looking at the main page earlier, and it was the only highlighted red one, there are now 5 red and 11 green. But yes, when you take averages, it is a common methodology to eliminate the extreme ends of the range as they tend to not be representative. Do you really think this game is a 2 out of 10? Someone else rated it a 90, do you think it is that either? That is quite a discrepancy.

I was looking at the main page earlier, and it was the only highlighted red one, there are now 5 red and 11 green.  But yes, when you take averages, it is a common methodology to eliminate the extreme ends of the range as they tend to not be representative.  Do you really think this game is a 2 out of 10?  Someone else rated it a 90, do you think it is that either?  That is quite a discrepancy.

Half way point of 9 and 2 is 6.5 almost exactly what the score currently is. So you could throw out both scores and it would still be around the same average it is now. 

Reviews are just guidelines but they're pretty accurate more times than not. You don't find a lot of gems that are rated in the 60s just like you don't find terrible games rated in the 80s or 90s. 

I was looking at the main page earlier, and it was the only highlighted red one, there are now 5 red and 11 green. But yes, when you take averages, it is a common methodology to eliminate the extreme ends of the range as they tend to not be representative. Do you really think this game is a 2 out of 10? Someone else rated it a 90, do you think it is that either? That is quite a discrepancy.

Half way point of 9 and 2 is 6.5 almost exactly what the score currently is. So you could throw out both scores and it would still be around the same average it is now.

Reviews are just guidelines but they're pretty accurate more times than not. You don't find a lot of gems that are rated in the 60s just like you don't find terrible games rated in the 80s or 90s.
Yes, but the number of positive reviews is 11 and the number of negative is 5. I don't want to drown you in how statistics work because you seem to be a little confused on it, but that's not unusual. And while we are at it, the PC version is sitting at 73 with no negative reviews.

Besides, when did Metacritic become a reliable indicator of a game anyways? I thought it was pretty much accepted that it is a shitty way for publishers to base bonuses due to the lack of taking into account a variety of bias factors.

I really don't mind one way or another, it might not be for you. I like the series, so will be giving it a shot and I hope to see them finish the series. I only took issue with the "piece of shit" comment and the reliance on Metacritic to determine this.

Gamespot hasn't been considered reliable since the whole Gerstmann/Kayne and Lynch fiasco. These days they aren't much more than "top ten" clickbait posts and rebranding videos with their own borders to spam on Facebook.

Do you even know what metacritic is? it just holds averages of reviews from all different sources. They don't review games, they just give the average scores of all reviews of games. That's like trying to discredit someone who's just the messenger, that's what they are the messenger of reviews of all different sources.

Look if you don't care about reviews that's fine, but some of us do. Trying to discredit the ones you don't like is pointless though and making excuses like "the pc is 73" well so what I'm not playing on PC, and 73 is not exactly a great score either just says it's an average game at best. 

"Besides, when did Metacritic become a reliable indicator of a game anyways?  I thought it was pretty much accepted that it is a shitty way for publishers to base bonuses due to the lack of taking into account a variety of bias factors."

Just sounds like you're making stuff up. Are you that desperate for people to like this game? If you like it who cares. You look petty trying to discredit everything that doesn't suite what you hope this game will be AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT YET. 

Do you even know what metacritic is? it just holds averages of reviews from all different sources. They don't review games, they just give the average scores of all reviews of games. That's like trying to discredit someone who's just the messenger, that's what they are the messenger of reviews of all different sources.

Look if you don't care about reviews that's fine, but some of us do. Trying to discredit the ones you don't like is pointless though and making excuses like "the pc is 73" well so what I'm not playing on PC.
Of course I know what it is, which is my whole point. It is a flat average of published reviews. Those can be from any site or magazine they deem worthy and all carry equal weight. From Rootin' Tootin' Game Roundup to IGN. And it isn't a set group of sources, it is whatever is available. I'm not "discrediting someone", because there isn't anyone involved in the process, it is a sterile numerical analysis of a group of personal human opinions. Many of the best reviewers loathe applying numerical scores to their work for this very reason.

And I'm discrediting a score applying to an average that is an obvious outlier and significantly affects the outcome. By pointing out the PC I was just showing an example at how it isn't considered quite as harshly there. You really need to chill out man, this isn't personal.

Of course I know what it is, which is my whole point. It is a flat average of published reviews. Those can be from any site or magazine they deem worthy and all carry equal weight. From Rootin' Tootin' Game Roundup to IGN. And it isn't a set group of sources, it is whatever is available. I'm not "discrediting someone", because there isn't anyone involved in the process, it is a sterile numerical analysis of a group of personal human opinions. Many of the best reviewers loathe applying numerical scores to their work for this very reason.

And I'm discrediting a score applying to an average that is an obvious outlier and significantly affects the outcome. By pointing out the PC I was just showing an example at how it isn't considered quite as harshly there. You really need to chill out man, this isn't personal.
There's nothing for me to chill out about, I'm telling you like it is and you don't like it.

I want to buy but the backlog is ridiculous, wouldn't even play it until the price will drop to this or lower anyways!

I ended up picking this one up as I enjoyed the other two games. Even with the mixed review, I’m willing to take the chance at this price. Not hyped though, so I’ll keep my expectations tempered.

Anybody's shipped yet? Mine hasn't and I've been asking them to cancel but gotten no response. There's a cancel order button but it says you have to use it within 30 minutes (what a joke) I have to decide what I want to do if I get it, sell it sealed or give it a chance. Not sure yet. 

Anybody's shipped yet? Mine hasn't and I've been asking them to cancel but gotten no response. There's a cancel order button but it says you have to use it within 30 minutes (what a joke) I have to decide what I want to do if I get it, sell it sealed or give it a chance. Not sure yet.
Mine shipped

bread's done
Back