Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

kpnuyx4.png

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

Deal Starts: 12am EST 11/26/2018

Sources: https://www.tomsguid...news-28659.html

#2 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2954 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

Shows as $300 for me

#3 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

Wow. Way better than the Spiderman bundle.

#4 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1061 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

This would be a great deal if true.

#5 unforeseen   Crime Scene Investigator CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

Shows as $300 for me

Reading is fundamental.

#6 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6515 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Great deal when it becomes live.

#7 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:53 PM

Fake news

$300

#8 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

I'm still happy with my Spiderman deal. The extra controller especially if it's a DS4 does make it the better deal. But then it boils down to game preference. I have little interest in RDR2 whereas I like Spiderman.

#9 starboyk   Reverand Cletus CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

Deal Starts: 12am EST 11/26/2018

#10 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

Fake news

$300

So you didn't click on the links or read anything.  It's really amazing how some people's brains work.  I have the God of War collectors edition for PS4 on sale sealed on offer up and Craigslist for $100.  I have gotten 3 responses thinking I am selling a PS4 console with God of War for $100. Nowhere in my ad or in the pictures is a PS4 console mentioned or shown. I guess I can't get angry or annoyed because it's more than one person so it's just a fault of the human brain I guess. I had to change the ad to state OVER and OVER again that this is just the game.

#11 Durden216  

Durden216

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:08 PM

So you didn't click on the links or read anything. It's really amazing how some people's brains work. I have the God of War collectors edition for PS4 on sale sealed on offer up and Craigslist for $100. I have gotten 3 responses thinking I am selling a PS4 console with God of War for $100. Nowhere in my ad or in the pictures is a PS4 console mentioned or shown. I guess I can't get angry or annoyed because it's more than one person so it's just a fault of the human brain I guess. I had to change the ad to state OVER and OVER again that this is just the game.

I actually feel your pain here. I have sold many things through apps and sites, and made it very clear in descriptions what the item was. But almost always I get questions which are so easily answered in those descriptions.

#12 Keisu  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

Fake news

$300

Shows as $300 for me

It's in the title (all be it spelled wrong) and in the post.  Really, is reading that hard?

#13 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

I actually feel your pain here. I have sold many things through apps and sites, and made it very clear in descriptions what the item was. But almost always I get questions which are so easily answered in those descriptions.

I have been selling for years and this is just my latest example.  I think what happens is that someone is looking for a certain item and that's all they see or choose to see or read.  In the case of my God Of War ad, the person in question is likely looking for a PS4, sees my ad, sees the words Playstation 4 or PS4 and their brain just assumes it's a PS4 console.  They see God of War but likely think it just comes with the console. Even though an actual PS4 system is not shown and no words in the ad refer to an entire console, their brain assumes it's the item they are looking for.  What astonishes me is that they actually believe someone would sell a brand new PS4 and a game for only $100.  I don't know which one is sadder.  The fact they can't read properly or the fact they think they can buy a brand new PS4 and a game at that price.

My other ads state what items I am looking for in a trade if the person doesn't have cash and A LOT of people respond to my ad wanting to buy the items I listed as the ones I want to trade for.  I make it very clear that I am looking for TRADE for the following items yet people just choose to gloss over that because again, their brain just sees an item they are interested in and makes an assumption despite the words that follow before or after.

#14 Keisu  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

I have been selling for years and this is just my latest example.  I think what happens is that someone is looking for a certain item and that's all they see or choose to see or read.  In the case of my God Of War ad, the person in question is likely looking for a PS4, sees my ad, sees the words Playstation 4 or PS4 and their brain just assumes it's a PS4 console.  They see God of War but likely think it just comes with the console. Even though an actual PS4 system is not shown and no words in the ad refer to an entire console, their brain assumes it's the item they are looking for.  What astonishes me is that they actually believe someone would sell a brand new PS4 and a game for only $100.  I don't know which one is sadder.  The fact they can't read properly or the fact they think they can buy a brand new PS4 and a game at that price.

My other ads state what items I am looking for in a trade if the person doesn't have cash and A LOT of people respond to my ad wanting to buy the items I listed as the ones I want to trade for.  I make it very clear that I am looking for TRADE for the following items yet people just choose to gloss over that because again, their brain just sees an item they are interested in and makes an assumption despite the words that follow before or after.

I've been a seller for years (as you can see by the link in my signature).  I have the same problem all the time, people failing to read, sometimes entirely. 

Most recently for me, eBay selling the Joy Cons that came out of the mario party bundle.  Shows Joy cons, title says joy cons L/R.   Says in the description these were pulled from a mario party bundle, and are the controller only.  Images do not show mario party at all.

Guy messages me.  Where is the game it was suppose to come with?

#15 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:45 PM

DDoS attack by walmart customers incoming.

#16 Madzane  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:47 PM

This stuff drives me nuts too. A while back I sold a 360 game on EBay. Buyer tried to open a return arguing even though my description and Ebays description for the item stated it was for Kinect I didn’t specifically state it REQUIRED Kinect. Shockingly EBay actually sided with me, a rare feat indeed.

#17 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

I sold just a box of a DVD set I got replaced on eBay years ago. Despite the many disclaimers it was just the box, the buyer questioned why the discs weren’t included. I was afraid my reputation would be affected and I’d have to dispute but he wound up rating me positively. Now that I sell in CL, I get emails from folks all over the country despite my ads being listed for local sale only. In short, reading is a dying skill.

On-topic, this is an amazing deal that I would be all over if I didn’t own both the original console and game. It makes me second guess buying a PS5 until the holidays roll around in the future. My backlog is so filled with PS4 and even PS3 titles that I shouldn’t even think about buying the next gen console until years after its release.

#18 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:51 PM

This stuff drives me nuts too. A while back I sold a 360 game on EBay. Buyer tried to open a return arguing even though my description and Ebays description for the item stated it was for Kinect I didn’t specifically state it REQUIRED Kinect. Shockingly EBay actually sided with me, a rare feat indeed.

Same thing happened with me but with BF4 on 360. It requires a hard drive and buyer claimed they didn't know that and didnt have one (how you had a 360 in 2013 without a hard drive still amazes me). I never had to get wbay involved because they never escalated it within the 30 days

#19 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5768 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:56 PM

Wow this is fantastic Value..... A real Cyber Monday Deal im finding this insanity hard to comprehend...  Hey Bestbuy look at this !!

#20 Keisu  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:00 AM

Wow this is fantastic Value..... A real Cyber Monday Deal im finding this insanity hard to comprehend...  Hey Bestbuy look at this !!

Thought the exact same thing. Bestbuys deals are horrid. 

#21 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8353 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

So you didn't click on the links or read anything. It's really amazing how some people's brains work. I have the God of War collectors edition for PS4 on sale sealed on offer up and Craigslist for $100. I have gotten 3 responses thinking I am selling a PS4 console with God of War for $100. Nowhere in my ad or in the pictures is a PS4 console mentioned or shown. I guess I can't get angry or annoyed because it's more than one person so it's just a fault of the human brain I guess. I had to change the ad to state OVER and OVER again that this is just the game.

I feel your pain. I have my Galaxy Note 4 listed for parts only. Some guy messaged me, stating that he would pay $80 for the phone instead of the listed $100. Mind you, I have it clearly notated that the phone doesn't boot. It takes a few seconds to read..Some people...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#22 kanekiken  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart's website crashes and then the bundle is suddenly sold out in 2 seconds.

#23 victoryroadrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

victoryroadrage

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

I haven't bought from Walmart online in a long time. How likely is their site going to shit the bed when this deal goes live?

#24 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

I’m sure the same bots will be wrecking both Walmart and Gamestop (because of the Switch deal.)
I’ll still try, but don’t expect to get anything but errors and sold ouf messages.

#25 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:48 AM

I haven't bought from Walmart online in a long time. How likely is their site going to shit the bed when this deal goes live?

Depends how well publicized this is. The site was a joke Thanksgiving AM so very possible, especially if front page on slick deals. If this really happens, retailers may be surprised at the spidey bundles getting returned.

#26 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

So far I have seen 3 ads for walmart's cyber Monday at midnight on just the pregame for sunday night football.  They didnt mention anything specific tho.

#27 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4049 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:53 AM

With the controller and game normally retailing at $60 each, the system is essentially being sold for $80. Wow, even though I do not need this, I might try for it and hope the site is not a shitfest. (which it will probably be)

#28 kanekiken  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

Depends how well publicized this is. The site was a joke Thanksgiving AM so very possible, especially if front page on slick deals. If this really happens, retailers may be surprised at the spidey bundles getting returned.

This bundle is on SD.

#29 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5768 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

this is all over the net sorry

#30 kanekiken  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

A lot of people are buying this to get a price adjustment later or using price protection with their CC. I don't think Walmart even offers price adjustments during this time.

Also, this is dead for shipping and pick up already. Not sure if they're saving the delivery option for later or it they actually had enough people order it for it to be OOS.