Dragon Quest XI $29.99/23.99 GCU Bestbuy.com

wholy crap i got this for 35 after a five dollar certificate last month. I honestly didn’t think it would get this low. get this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn this is a great deal, but I really shouldn't get this. Haven't even started Red Dead 2 or Assassins Creed Odyssey. I see the $1 pickup incentive is gone again. That should help me hold out for a while longer.....(gets one anyway)

Tempting but I shouldn't. Between everything else I have I don't know if or when I'd ever get around to playing it.

God damn do I miss GCU. If anyone still has it active and hasn't purchased more than 2 copies and wants the points, lemme know

I bought this on the BF sale and FFXV too is there any way they’d price adjust or am I our of luck? Bought both online.

Didn’t really expect these to go on sale for Cyber Monday.

Combined its like $10 back for me.

Careful on repurchases if you still have GCU. People were reporting that a repurchase/return doesn't reduce your count of purchases back when the GCU ban hammer came down.

Careful on repurchases if you still have GCU. People were reporting that a repurchase/return doesn't reduce your count of purchases back when the GCU ban hammer came down.
With just 2 months left on my GCU and nothing outside of maybe RE2 on my radar, I’ll take the chance. So stupid they won’t price match so I have to rebuy and return :whistle2:/

I bought this on the BF sale and FFXV too is there any way they’d price adjust or am I our of luck? Bought both online.

Didn’t really expect these to go on sale for Cyber Monday.

Combined its like $10 back for me.
In the past when I’ve tried to price match, they’ve been very strict that they do not price adjust. If you want to get that money back, you have to return and rebuy.

Right but cant you buy some things like 3 times? I’m not a flipper or anything like that so this would be low risk.

Right I spoke to a customer support agent via chat to verify this. Let's say you order 2 of these Dragon Quest XI. That's 2 games and if one of them arrived damaged, returning 1 copy in store and exchanging it out. Finally, the replacement would count as your 3rd game per rolling year! Yeah it sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right I spoke to a customer support agent via chat to verify this. Let's say you order 2 of these Dragon Quest XI. That's 2 games and if one of them arrived damaged, returning 1 copy in store and exchanging it out. Finally, the replacement would count as your 3rd game per rolling year! Yeah it sucks!
I've been told the opposite. I've needed replacements for damaged cases a couple times and every time the representative said it would NOT affect the 3-game count. I wouldn't be surprised if the reps I spoke with had no idea what they were talking about. Most reps seem clueless about GCU policies. Holy shit it's infuriating when you read the GCU price match policy and their example to a rep verbatim and they argue with you that's not how price matches work. I'm kinda happy GCU is going away so I won't ever have to deal with that again... That being said, some replacements would have put me into the 4th game a couple times and I have not been banned. Haven't "gone over" in 2 years though, so maybe they got stricter with their policies.

Price is low so it's tempting, but I don't have 100+ hours laying around to commit to it.

Once January rolls around, the old stuff gets ignored for the new releases 

Is the Edition of Light the standard edition or is it something different? The BBY main stock image doesn't have it on the cover but it does in the other pictures

Is the Edition of Light the standard edition or is it something different? The BBY main stock image doesn't have it on the cover but it does in the other pictures
It’s the day one edition basically and comes w/ some DLC. Square Enix tends to overprint their day one versions of games!

Really regret buying this at launch. Still had GCU at the time, and didn't expect it to be a huge Black Friday title. Haven't even started it yet.

I got this last week and glad I checked today for it. Also, FF XV Royal Edition is only $15.99 with GCU. No one had the X1 version for less than $20 earlier.

Just wish Destiny Forsaken was $29.99 before GCU like everywhere else. I'd buy it for $24.

I got this last week and glad I checked today for it. Also, FF XV Royal Edition is only $15.99 with GCU. No one had the X1 version for less than $20 earlier.Just wish Destiny Forsaken was $29.99 before GCU like everywhere else. I'd buy it for $24.
Newegg has Forsaken for $24.99. So close to your buy price x_x

Really regret buying this at launch. Still had GCU at the time, and didn't expect it to be a huge Black Friday title. Haven't even started it yet. <sigh>
I figured it would hit a big sale before I could get far into it (~15 hours), but I actually bit at launch just to support the dev's ans encourage SE to publish future titles of the series to the East. They put a massive effort into the localization and I am trying to justify it to myself that way lol.

Wait wait wait what the fuck? GCU is still active for people?

Mine was valid through 2020, but it disappeared from my account and does not work any longer. 

I thought they had stripped it from everyone . This is super frustrating 

Deal is dead, price is back to $60.

Wait wait wait what the fuck? GCU is still active for people?

Mine was valid through 2020, but it disappeared from my account and does not work any longer.

I thought they had stripped it from everyone . This is super frustrating
My GCU is still working. Valid through Jan 2020.

Did you do something to get banned, like buy more than 3 of a game? I would try contacting BB through their forum. Hopefully you have a screenshot showing how long your membership was supposed to be good for (visible on the Rewards Overview page).

bread's done
Back