Dollar General - 15% off HBO Now, Hulu, Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Network & Spotify Cards 11/25 - 12/1

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Dollar General is selling HBO Now, Hulu, Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Network, and Spotify gift cards at a 15% discount from 11/25 to 12/1. In-store only. Pictured cards in the ad are $25 Hulu, $25 PSN, $20 Nintendo, $30 Spotify, and the HBO Now card is too grainy to see the denomination. No limit on the numbers of cards you can buy. I bought a $25 PSN for $21.25 during lunch break today.

Last edited by a moderator:
$21.25 for a $25 PSN card is not a deal that would make me get it unless I was already in the market for PSN money.

I impulsed the last deal because it was 40% off. $6 dollars for a $10 PSN 

Well this is a heckuva deal if they still have anything in stock. Wonder if there's a limit on how many cards you can buy?

Well this is a heckuva deal if they still have anything in stock. Wonder if there's a limit on how many cards you can buy?
As previously stated, there's no limit. Kind of like when they've had the GameStop gift cards on sale in the past. However, the store near me requests cash only transactions for gift card purchases though because of the possibility of fraud. I paid with cash today.

My store flyer seems to show restaurant cards only?  Wonder if it is a regional thing?  BK, Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday and DQ.

What, no Outback Steakhouse??? I was gonna go in, slap down my gift cards and walk out with 400 bloomin onions.

They make great stocking stuffers as long as you don't put anything else in the stocking.

So can anyone else confirm it is cash only?  I guess I could go get a bunch of cash first but I'd prefer to just use my Amazon card and get those extra points.

So can anyone else confirm it is cash only? I guess I could go get a bunch of cash first but I'd prefer to just use my Amazon card and get those extra points.
I guess it varies by location. I’ve bought GCs from my DG before and used a credit card with no problem.

Deal worked for me, didn't seem to be any limits, got 200 worth of eShop cards for 170.

They didn't reject my credit card outright but it was declined by the system for some reason. Debit card worked fine (no Amazon points though, boo.)

So can anyone else confirm it is cash only? I guess I could go get a bunch of cash first but I'd prefer to just use my Amazon card and get those extra points.
It probably isn't, but the Dollar General stores in the hood tend to deny credit cards for gift card purchases. You might be OK, but I've been to many DG stores in many hoods over the years, and that's usually what happens.

Do they only sell Eshop cards in $20 denominations? Was wanting to purchase online subscription but need family account for $35.
As far as I can tell, Dollar General is the same kind of skeevy convenience mart that Family Dollar is. It's about one step up from being a 7-11 with underwear, toilet paper, and ramen noodles all under the same roof. So, there aren't as many choices when it comes to card denominations as GameStop, Kroger, or Walmart. At this point, the only way to tell is to go there, see what they have, see what rings up for the deal, and then report back to us.

BTW when I did this on my receipt I got a $5 off $25 or more coupon valid on 12/1 only.  Although it says it excludes "gift cards, phone cards, prepaid financial cards" so would that probably exclude eShop cards, right?

Because I kind of want to go back and get a few more, lol.

My store doesn’t even carry any gaming cards. I asked about PSN cards, and the worker said they haven’t had them in months.

My store doesn’t even carry any gaming cards. I asked about PSN cards, and the worker said they haven’t had them in months.
I went back to the store near me at lunch today to buy Christmas lights, and I was told they never had the Nintendo eShop or HBO Now cards. Plenty of Hulu and PSN cards on the rack, but only the $25 denominations on both types.

BTW when I did this on my receipt I got a $5 off $25 or more coupon valid on 12/1 only. Although it says it excludes "gift cards, phone cards, prepaid financial cards" so would that probably exclude eShop cards, right?

Because I kind of want to go back and get a few more, lol.
The $5 off $25 coupon for Saturday won't work on any kind of gift card. I've used it before for food, toys, and cleaning supplies.

Went back for another $25 in PSN credit this morning. The cashier was pissed because $5 of the money that I used to pay her was in coins. Can't pass up a few of the indies that are on sale this week with Plus. On a related note, they never restocked the GameStop cards from that sale that ended two weeks ago. I am starting to think that Dollar General doesn't really give a damn about gift card sales if they don't replenish the cards after they sell out.

Well, this past month I have been using my usual PlayStation CapitalOne credit card to supposedly earn back 13% on PSN purchases from Sony Rewards (10% by old credit card, and 3% bonus for PS Now/Vue subs). But ever since Sony nuked the original Sony Rewards site late last month and replaced it with the new one that barely works, my points balance hasn't been updating, and my latest CapitalOne statement says I earned 0 points, despite having purchased PSN stuff this November. 

So now this 15% off PSN cards deal here seems to be the best alternative, especially since it's an extra 2% saved and is guaranteed to actually be saving money. Sony's lack of response and promptness to fix the Sony Rewards site and get it working for everyone isn't giving me confidence to use my PlayStation credit card ever again, if it's not going to be counting up my points/percentage back anymore.  So anyway, thanks OP for posting this Dollar General deal; I bought several PSN, Nintendo, and Hulu cards to last a good part of next year :)

Thanks OP! Just got back from there and bought $200 of Hulu cards for $170. I asked the guy if there was a limit to the number i could buy on discount, he said no i'll sell you as many as you want!!!

btw does anyone know if Steam cards qualify for the deal??? I may go back tomorrow if they do. 

Thanks OP! Just got back from there and bought $200 of Hulu cards for $170. I asked the guy if there was a limit to the number i could buy on discount, he said no i'll sell you as many as you want!!!

btw does anyone know if Steam cards qualify for the deal??? I may go back tomorrow if they do.
If they're not pictured in the ad, they probably don't.

bread's done
Back