PS PLUS 33.99 if you have a dollar general near you (thanks: josekortez )

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dollar general has 15% off certain cards this week which include PSN cards..buy 2 $20 PSN cards and load them your PSN account then buy the 39.99 ps plus subscription...might have to pay some tax but cheapest so far this year :)

credit goes to josekortez  

Dollar general has 15% off certain cards this week which include PSN cards..buy 2 $20 PSN cards and load them your PSN account then buy the 39.99 ps plus subscription...might have to pay some tax but cheapest so far this year :)

credit goes to

I appreciate the credit, but Dollar General only sells $25 PSN cards. So you will have to buy $42.50 in cards.

What pisses me off more than anything is how we now get taxed on base price PS+ cards. I don't know if PSN cards are also taxed. Total bullshit.

What pisses me off more than anything is how we now get taxed on base price PS+ cards. I don't know if PSN cards are also taxed. Total bullshit.

What's funny is if you buy on PSN from a tax free state then obviously no tax.. If you buy PSN cards in store you pay sales tax so it's not a 15% off discount when you factor in sales tax. Sales tax varies from like 7-10%. If you're paying 10% sales tax on the cards with this promo you're only saving 5% off buying from the PSN if you just switched your region settings to a sales tax free state.

I've noticed this too when buying cards in store vs no sales tax online.

Another reason why I prefer physical.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not a good practice IMHO to mess with regions or billing anymore
I saw one or two reddit posts where dudes with thousands on their account were banned for “tax evasion” AFTER the fact (as if we knew/or were warned back then in TOS that they could reaquisition digital libraries on these violations)

So whatever the case is, i expect to pay State sales tax and leave it at that.

My switch as well, i wont risk losing my eshop stuff for saving $1-2 in tax every $20 spent

It’s not a good practice IMHO to mess with regions or billing anymore
I saw one or two reddit posts where dudes with thousands on their account were banned for “tax evasion” AFTER the fact (as if we knew/or were warned back then in TOS that they could reaquisition digital libraries on these violations)

So whatever the case is, i expect to pay State sales tax and leave it at that.

My switch as well, i wont risk losing my eshop stuff for saving $1-2 in tax every $20 spent
I can see this too. Honestly all reasons why I try not to spend a lot on PSN it will all go inaccessible faster then the tangible goods would.

I never tried doing that I just know its a common thing. My state is tax free on PSN so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back