* * * * * 1 votes

Facebook Deals Thread

Facebook daily steals

#31 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

Whoever finds the deals, please still make a thread for each individual deal so people actually see them.  

#32 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Dig the new thread.

#33 Dahk   Words are Wind CAGiversary!   1505 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

I wasn't planning on buying a Switch yet, but I couldn't pass at $180.  I also bought an extra PS4 controller for $15 with the $10 off coupon.  Neither has shipped yet, but I dont mind being patient at those prices.

#34 patcrazystar64   Human Android CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

patcrazystar64

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

This is a good idea for a thread. I wish I saw the Xbox One controller deal earlier. Thanks!

#35 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

My vote goes to independent threads for Facebook deals. Going to this thread every time someone posts a non-relevant post is not my idea of  a good time. These deals last minutes/hours at a time and knowing exactly what the deal is in the thread title, the moment it hits, is ideal.

#36 Adhiman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

My vote goes to independent threads for Facebook deals. Going to this thread every time someone posts a non-relevant post is not my idea of  a good time. These deals last minutes/hours at a time and knowing exactly what the deal is in the thread title, the moment it hits, is ideal.

I’m not opposed to that or anything, but I noticed discussion about shipping times/authenticity/pricing was kind of in disarray and I just wanted to create one spot for everyone to talk about things. Feel free to make new threads for new deals.

#37 fatboyjam   A Champagne Jam CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

I love the idea of a central FB thread if you're able to update the thread title as deals come in ( e.g. "Facebook Deals: $25 Psn controller, $30 Battlefield V PS4"). It's a lot of work to keep up with, but it's a big reason why Bloomy and Frisky's Xbox and PSN threads work so well.

#38 Adhiman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

I love the idea of a central FB thread if you're able to update the thread title as deals come in ( e.g. "Facebook Deals: $25 Psn controller, $30 Battlefield V PS4"). It's a lot of work to keep up with, but it's a big reason why Bloomy and Frisky's Xbox and PSN threads work so well.

I can try. The deals don't seem to be coming in too quickly. If I could get a hand whenever you guys find deals that'd be appreciated. 

#39 Adhiman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

Spider-Man (PS4) (Must select Latin American packaging) - $30

Also, the Switch for $180 was in stock as recently as 30 minutes ago according to ResetEra. Sold out almost immediately though.

#40 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

Love the new thread!

I am very interested in how Facebook deals will turn out in the future.  Facebook must be charging $0 or even heavily subsidizing because the deals have been unreal.  They definitely have our focus and a platform that works, but I'm a bit worried that the deals will be not as good soon, because they can't do this forever.  Plus third party companies won't like it.

So far I have had zero shipping / order issues, other than the shipping being very slow - which I can stomach - so I'm still optimistic.

#41 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Love the new thread!

I am very interested in how Facebook deals will turn out in the future.  Facebook must be charging $0 or even heavily subsidizing because the deals have been unreal.  They definitely have our focus and a platform that works, but I'm a bit worried that the deals will be not as good soon, because they can't do this forever.  Plus third party companies won't like it.

So far I have had zero shipping / order issues, other than the shipping being very slow - which I can stomach - so I'm still optimistic.

There will ALWAYS be a market for grey market merchandise.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Grey_market

#42 almostjack  

almostjack

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:11 PM

Is there an option on facebook for notification when a deal is in stock?

#43 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

There looks to be another random $10 off offer that applies to your first order. However, not everyone is getting them. Possibly the coupon is Android only but no one can confirm from what I've seen so far.

I've seen the coupon pop up in the iOS app.

#44 Epic_Bean  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

I ordered a Black ps4 controller from Big Dog on Thurs and it arrived Tues.Wasn't expecting that fast of delivery. Its not a knock off or anything so Im happy

#45 chw2006   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

I ordered one Xbox controller on 11/21 from Big Dog. It hasn't shipped yet. I sent them a message yesterday asking for status and no reply. 

#46 KongaKing   He who will save us all CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:22 PM

So do they restock? I want that just cause 4 for 35$ bit don’t know if I should bother keep checking

#47 Adhiman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

So do they restock? I want that just cause 4 for 35$ bit don’t know if I should bother keep checking

I know for a fact that the Switch and DKCTF have both gone in and out of stock. I don’t know if anyone here can say for certain that *all* games come back in stock at some point, but it can’t hurt to keep an eye on it.

#48 Adhiman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:16 PM

PS4 in-ear headset - $20

Cheapest I could find them elsewhere was ~$40. Makes a nice backup headset.

#49 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:33 PM

PS4 in-ear headset - $20

Cheapest I could find them elsewhere was ~$40. Makes a nice backup headset.

I remember when these came out they were never sold in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#50 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

I grabbed that PS4 wired headset. Hope it works on Xbox one too.

#51 spoderman  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

I bought Donkey Kong yesterday.. it already shipped. Still waiting on my Switch and DS4 to ship.

#52 KongaKing   He who will save us all CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

I know for a fact that the Switch and DKCTF have both gone in and out of stock. I don’t know if anyone here can say for certain that *all* games come back in stock at some point, but it can’t hurt to keep an eye on it.

Thanks, hopefully it pops up before launch.

#53 shiNjixfEi  

shiNjixfEi

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

Is anyone even able to access these video game related deals on the phone app? Every time I boot the app all I get are non-gaming related deals. It seems that the FB deals don't show at all for me on the app. And oh, the search box doesn't help either.

#54 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

These deals I'm pretty sure were part of Black Friday.

I don't think you will see $20 dollar controllers and half off new release games through the year. Notice how they just came around for Black Friday. Facebook market place isn't used for retail and used to never even show retail deals.

I can't believe that most people just assume this is going to be the normal, like are they joking?

So you probably won't be seeing any more deals lol.

#55 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

I ordered ps4 controller from big dog it still hasn't shipped

#56 spoderman  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:16 AM

I don't think you will see $20 dollar controllers and half off new release games through the year. Notice how they just came around for Black Friday. Facebook market place isn't used for retail and used to never even show retail deals.

I can't believe that most people just assume this is going to be the normal, like are they joking?

I mean, we might not see anymore $180 switches.. but I think the game deals will keep appearing from Daily Steals. They started doing those before black Friday, with the first major one being RDR2.

#57 Adhiman  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

Pro Controller and Switch were both available again today according to people on ResetEra. Kinda strange to be running a Black Friday sale 5 days later, no?

#58 kemosahbe  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:33 AM

They’ve been posting discounted DS4’s for months as well. I don’t recall the exact price point but remember a lot of people on here buying them, which was kind of what caused any of us to start paying attention. Fingers crossed they keep coming out with good gaming deals.

#59 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

Ahh ok so I may be wrong lol. Guess we'll find out. I don't expect to last too long. Not sure how it operates but it looks like its at a loss. Maybe just a promotional time to get users on facebook market place.

#60 spoderman  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

Ahh ok so I may be wrong lol. Guess we'll find out. I don't expect to last too long. Not sure how it operates but it looks like its at a loss. Maybe just a promotional time to get users on facebook market place.

The warranty slips from the Switches that they sold were for latin america, and the cases for a lot of the games they sell are in spanish.. so I'm guessing they're buying their stock at cheap prices which is how they're selling them so cheap.