- - - - -

Has-Been Heroes - 5 bucks - Gamestop - Nintendo Switch

nintendo switch has-been heroes gamestop

#1 Keisu  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

For 5 bucks, who cares.  If you get 2 hours out of it, its better then going to see a movie.

https://www.gamestop...&id=lw9MynSeamY

#2 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:45 AM

It's $2.99 for PS4 if you'd rather have that version instead. Also, there are 3 PS4 games for 99 cents. They are the play link games.  I am getting all 3. Thanks OP.  Free shipping to boot!

#3 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2954 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

It's $2.99 for PS4 if you'd rather have that version instead. Also, there are 3 PS4 games for 99 cents. They are the play link games. I am getting all 3. Thanks OP. Free shipping to boot!

What’s the 3rd one? I found That’s You & Knowledge is Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1496 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

This game is pure shit. Not worth $5.

#5 Outrager   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

That's a silly way to value your own time when you could spend those 2 hours playing something you actually like.

#6 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4311 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

I know some people that really liked Has Been Heroes. I bought it on Switch when it came out and hated it and for some reason bought it again on PS4 when it was $5 like a year ago. 

Has Been Heroes felt like a free-to-play mobile game to me and not a very fun one. 

#7 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

I know some people that really liked Has Been Heroes. I bought it on Switch when it came out and hated it and for some reason bought it again on PS4 when it was $5 like a year ago. 

Has Been Heroes felt like a free-to-play mobile game to me and not a very fun one. 

I think that's probably the best description of it I've ever seen.

I played through the prologue, hoping they would add some interesting gameplay mechanic once I got into the game proper.  Nope. Still boring.  Traded it right back in while Gamestop had a promo for "Free preorder with any switch game trade".

#8 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

Each to their own.  This game really clicked with me.  It's a rhythmic puzzle game with a unique pulse.  I put over 100 hours into it on the Switch. 

#9 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

When the game first launched it had a ton of issues, all platforms, id assume some changes have been made.
What ive played of it, wasnt bad. Not great but it wasnt that bad. Ive played much much worse games. Got it for $10 as well as a digital copy (thanks GS for your continued screwups) and i dont feel like i was ripped off.

Again not the greatest game, but $5 worth of fun can be found for sure.

#10 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   681 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

It actually is a pretty solid party based / lane / Combo based rogue-like/lite.

I dont think the devs really got that message of what it was out there too well.

They definitely patched it up and got it running more smoothly.

But if you were ready for the rogue elements or understood what was going on completely I could see people struggling with it.

#11 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

With Elite Pro (For another month....( it was only $4.... so I figured why not, even if it just goes on the shelf. Thanks!

#12 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

The gameplay was tedious and unintuitive but hey I got an extra switch case in case i get a game without one. Not worth my time playing though.

#13 GreatPogo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

GreatPogo

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Game is a frustrating mess. Poorly ported phone game. Avoid it, unless you're into that sort of thing. 😉

#14 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

Singstar celebration is 99 cents.

#15 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Those two have been PS+ titles in the past. Might want to make sure you don't already own them before ordering.

#16 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:27 PM

Game is a frustrating mess. Poorly ported phone game. Avoid it, unless you're into that sort of thing. 😉

Phone game? Funny.... its console/PC only.
https://en.m.wikiped...Has-Been_Heroes

#17 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Those two have been PS+ titles in the past. Might want to make sure you don't already own them before ordering.

Why are you assuming he has or ever had PS+? Also, you don't own any games if you downloaded them when they were available. You simply rent them. Once you stop paying, those games are gone.

#18 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9536 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

Control scheme kind of sucked on the PC. Also gets extremely repetitive. I can only imagine how horrible the PS4 controls are. On switch do you use the touch screen for switching out heroes in battle? Not a high recommendation from playing the PC version.

#19 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

Control scheme kind of sucked on the PC. Also gets extremely repetitive. I can only imagine how horrible the PS4 controls are. On switch do you use the touch screen for switching out heroes in battle? Not a high recommendation from playing the PC version.

For the Switch I always had to use buttons for swapping, no touch screen.

#20 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Mine came factory sealed.

#21 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Cheap means nothing. You'd get more bang for your buck with a $5 dollar lunch.

#22 7String   7 string rules CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

Seriously ,$5 in the eshop can sometimes be a whole new gaming experience