* - - - - 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/2-12/8

#31 Sielanas  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

It never was P2W honestly. I played for the first two months it was out, which is the average lifespan of these games for me and never felt underpowered without certain cards. For the most part, after you get a few boosts just from playing your favorite class, that's all you'll need. EA never got around to monetizing it because of the shit sandwich people made them eat and they just said Fuck it.

I had it at launch as well, and I remember getting demolished by people with full sets of powered up cards. Maybe not P2W, but P2 get much better.

#32 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

placed another order for sunset orange on bestbuy.com paying with paypal credit.

I did this because my local walmart has it in stock for $47 and I took pics and it shows in stock on brickseek.. I wanted to buy it with paypal credit though.

Well they won't price match walmart in store. Won't accept my pics and won't call them to confirm.

They won't even cancel the order since 30 mins passed and say I can return it for a refund minus the shipping. Only get a refund for the product price not refunded shipping charged. Even though I wanted to cancel about 40 minutes after order when they wouldn't price match.

Only thing I can think of is a paypal credit dispute? Aren't I in the right now?

I feel like I got double boned here. I repurchased another controller and followed the price match guarantee, its in stock local to me at a competitor for cheaper.

A agent online and he's supervisor didn't let me.

to Then another supervisor called me and was going to price match any walmart that has it in stock or confirm price. She called some walmarts and said its all $69. I said three way call and ask electronics to go check the price. After she hung up with me after 50 minutes I called walmart and checked and they said PS4 orange suntset controller $46.96 but she called me a liar saying its not that price.

Now I am doing my 2nd ever bank/credit dispute

I always hated best buy worse then gamestop.

The only time I ever did a dispute with my bank before was for retro video game magazine for not getting them.

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

I had it at launch as well, and I remember getting demolished by people with full sets of powered up cards. Maybe not P2W, but P2 get much better.

Probably because the hero cards were ridiculously OP all over the place and people were once again crying about Boba Fett. I never had a problem running hero classes over in a tank for a one-shot kill lol. Truth is, he was always a glass cannon, even moreso in BFII. They just got outplayed, and even I could never get a feel for him and stuck with Bossk instead who was pretty badass IMO.

For extra laughs. . .

#34 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12123 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

placed another order for sunset orange on bestbuy.com paying with paypal credit.

I did this because my local walmart has it in stock for $47 and I took pics and it shows in stock on brickseek.. I wanted to buy it with paypal credit though.

Well they won't price match walmart in store. Won't accept my pics and won't call them to confirm.

They won't even cancel the order since 30 mins passed and say I can return it for a refund minus the shipping. Only get a refund for the product price not refunded shipping charged. Even though I wanted to cancel about 40 minutes after order when they wouldn't price match.

Only thing I can think of is a paypal credit dispute? Aren't I in the right now?

I feel like I got double boned here. I repurchased another controller and followed the price match guarantee, its in stock local to me at a competitor for cheaper.

A agent online and he's supervisor didn't let me.

to Then another supervisor called me and was going to price match any walmart that has it in stock or confirm price. She called some walmarts and said its all $69. I said three way call and ask electronics to go check the price. After she hung up with me after 50 minutes I called walmart and checked and they said PS4 orange suntset controller $46.96 but she called me a liar saying its not that price.

Now I am doing my 2nd ever bank/credit dispute

I always hated best buy worse then gamestop.

The only time I ever did a dispute with my bank before was for retro video game magazine for not getting them.

Word of warning, no retailer will ever price match from a Brickseek link.  If they do, its a one-off, and definitely not in their policy.

I don't get why you don't just return the item when you receive it, if you don't want it at that price?  A credit card dispute, if the bank honors it, may lead to a ban from Best Buy for all orders.  Would you really want to risk that?

#35 ritchardf  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

Word of warning, no retailer will ever price match from a Brickseek link.  If they do, its a one-off, and definitely not in their policy.

I don't get why you don't just return the item when you receive it, if you don't want it at that price?  A credit card dispute, if the bank honors it, may lead to a ban from Best Buy for all orders.  Would you really want to risk that?

you need to research who you are talking to, just another entitled, "the world owes me" person, no reasoning with that one.

#36 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

Question for people who had their GCU expire...

I made a bunch of pre orders before my GCU expired. If I lose my card, or for any reason has to switch banks, and I decide to go back in and edit the order with the new card... Will it still give me GCU pricing?

#37 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1318 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Question for people who had their GCU expire...

I made a bunch of pre orders before my GCU expired. If I lose my card, or for any reason has to switch banks, and I decide to go back in and edit the order with the new card... Will it still give me GCU pricing?

I've been able to keep gcu pricing. I wait until the day before release, get a notification of card issue, change the card, pick up.

#38 psiko74  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

I was thinking of getting AC:O for $49.99 since I missed the $39.99 deal on cyber monday, but only the xb1 version is on sale.  fml

#39 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1624 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

Oh so you still get GCu price on pre orders after it ends? Does that work in store or online?

Mine expires 1/24/19, might pre order a bunch of games before it ends

#40 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:56 PM

Oh so you still get GCu price on pre orders after it ends? Does that work in store or online?

Mine expires 1/24/19, might pre order a bunch of games before it ends

Preorder online. If you preorder in store and only put the $5 down, the GCU discount doesn't kick in until you pick up the game and pay off the balance.

#41 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1624 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

Preorder online. If you preorder in store and only put the $5 down, the GCU discount doesn't kick in until you pick up the game and pay off the balance.

Is online like amazon where they charge when it ships?

#42 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Is online like amazon where they charge when it ships?

There's an authorization charge at the moment then it gets refunded back in a couple of days. I made like 20 separate orders and actually had my bank block my card. Had to call to reactivate it.

#43 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:40 PM

I was thinking of getting AC:O for $49.99 since I missed the $39.99 deal on cyber monday, but only the xb1 version is on sale.  fml

It's Assassin's Creed. It'll be $29.99 in February.

#44 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:00 AM

I wasn't price matching brickseek. I was using brickseek to see which walmarts had it in stock.

I don't mind being banned from best buy. I can still go in stores with cash.  They screwed me over almost ten years ago and never refunded me my five dollars. This Black Friday I decided to shop there again after almost ten years. They declined the price match and said I was lying about the prices at wal-mart. I called wal-mart right after to confirm the price in store.

Paypay is siding with me for best buy not honoring price match guarantee. I have hundreds of ebay and paypal transactions and never had a dispute before.

Best buy can eat shit. Way worse then gamestop. Gamestop sells gutted games as new but at least that is on you if you buy it. Best buy are scammers, worse then selling on ebay.

#45 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Nah.

#46 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   215 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

Sorry man,its opposite like you started to say, Gamestop are scammers. literally. They commit fraud all day every day as you detailed one example

Best Buy is an excellent retailer, and the only big box I really decided to bite the bullet and just go with it when they rolled out GCU, paid for 6 years and now that I’m going into the last year it was a great ride man, gamestop NEVER offer/ed anything like it, unless you dont mind used/rented games (i started to like my stuff sealed and new)...look at how great that 4-5 year run was , and its only being taken down because of assholes who misused and abused it, but gamestop, they just have no ethics.

On a side topic, can anyone tell me how Amazon fits into this Video game thing? Do they have a GCU equivalent where you get 20% off new games? Does Amazon have any promos like we saw with GCU, or reward points program for reward certificates? Finally, what is better: Amazon’s GCU or Target’s Red Dot for video game discounts and what do you recommend?

Thanks for input

#47 psiko74  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:46 AM

It's Assassin's Creed. It'll be $29.99 in February.

you're probably right, i can wait.  im still playing Origins.  I just wish the damn season passes would go on sale.  Im not paying $40 for a season pass to a 2 year old game.

#48 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

I need a cheap price on Monster Hunter World for PS4 or Monster Hunter Generations on Switch. I'm so pissed I didn't just buy it on PS4 when Target had their Black Friday sale for $15. Waiting on your sister trying to figure out what her kids want is a pain in the ass.

#49 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:13 AM

I need a cheap price on Monster Hunter World for PS4 or Monster Hunter Generations on Switch. I'm so pissed I didn't just buy it on PS4 when Target had their Black Friday sale for $15. Waiting on your sister trying to figure out what her kids want is a pain in the ass.

Damn, feels bad. MH: Generations was $34.99 everywhere and even $27.99 GCU on Cyber Monday at Best Buy.

#50 CurseWater   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

CurseWater

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

I was really hoping somewhere would have Jurassic world evolution on sale for like $30 😞

#51 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2271 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hmm. I thought it was stated many times that when BB asks you to change your card after GCU has ended it re-rings the purchase and you don't get the discount. :-k

#52 Bob Dole  

Bob Dole

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

Fyi, if you have Samsung pay. They currently have best buy gift cards on sale $50 (10% off) for $45.

#53 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Fyi, if you have Samsung pay. They currently have best buy gift cards on sale $50 (10% off) for $45.

Thanks I check every few days for gift cards. I mainly buy Dominos gift cards since it’s normal 20% off combined with their normal offers not a bad deal for fast food that lasts me 2 meals per pizza. Dominos is less than a mile away round trip so it’s convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#54 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

Since I’m not buying an xbox hellblade will be the last ninja hero’s game I will ever get. Thanks for the memories ninja theory 😢😢😢. Watch Microsoft kill that studio

#55 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

It looks like I will get to keep my GCU discount on Smash Ultimate pre-order. The price hasn't changed and my GCU expired last month. Really wish I could stack the "Sorry we took away GCU" coupon to stack, but I am sure I will find something else to use it on. Since it's my last taste of that sweet GCU discount though I want to take full advantage and use it on a Gold Edition or something, just not sure what yet. 

#56 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

It looks like I will get to keep my GCU discount on Smash Ultimate pre-order. The price hasn't changed and my GCU expired last month. Really wish I could stack the "Sorry we took away GCU" coupon to stack, but I am sure I will find something else to use it on. Since it's my last taste of that sweet GCU discount though I want to take full advantage and use it on a Gold Edition or something, just not sure what yet.

I feel I like I wasted mine. I preorded Hitman 2 Gold for $58.99 after GCU, 25% off coupon, and $1 off for in store pickup then have Best Buy on Cyber Monday have it for the same price. Smash Ultimate is my last preorder with GCU.

#57 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

from amazons page

Spoiler

Had to watch an unbox. The discs are stacked On top of each other in the art book.

FYI for those that it may annoy, like me. :/

#58 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

I feel I like I wasted mine. I preorded Hitman 2 Gold for $58.99 after GCU, 25% off coupon, and $1 off for in store pickup then have Best Buy on Cyber Monday have it for the same price. Smash Ultimate is my last preorder with GCU.

Is this a 25% off coupon that is floating around?  There are 2 games I'm interested in getting but don't have GCU.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Switch

Subnautica - Xbox One

#59 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:34 AM

Is this a 25% off coupon that is floating around? There are 2 games I'm interested in getting but don't have GCU.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Switch
Subnautica - Xbox One

Best Buy sent SELECT people whose GCU was about to expire (less than 5 days left) a coupon code for 25% off a single game excluding RR2.

#60 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:41 AM

Has anyone’s Super Smash Bros Ultimate shipped yet? I thought it would have shipped by now to be delivered on Friday.

UPDATE

Best Buy charged my card at 3:45am.