Starlink: Battle for Atlas $30 on Amazon (ships $15)

fujishig

CAGiversary!
https://www.amazon.com/Starlink-Battle-Atlas-Nintendo-Switch-Starter/dp/B07DF43L23/

The digital game is still way better if you don't want the ships, but hey, an arwing. 

It's available for all three systems.  I think the cheapest previous price was 35 on Black Friday, though I don't know if they're price matching another store.

The ships are 13 bucks each (sorry I mistyped the price in the title) and the pilots/weapons are discounted as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/Starlink-Battle-Atlas-Nintendo-Switch-Starter/dp/B07DF43L23/

The digital game is still way better if you don't want the ships, but hey, an arwing.

It's available for all three systems. I think the cheapest previous price was 35 on Black Friday, though I don't know if they're price matching another store.

The ships are 13 bucks each (sorry I mistyped the price in the title) and the pilots/weapons are discounted as well.
Maybe a dumb question, but if I already bought this from Best Buy will they price adjust to competitor's price or only at the point of sale? Otherwise I'll just return from Best Buy and get this instead.

Maybe a dumb question, but if I already bought this from Best Buy will they price adjust to competitor's price or only at the point of sale? Otherwise I'll just return from Best Buy and get this instead.
You could always return it at Best Buy and then just rebuy it with the adjustment if they don't just do a price adjustment for you.

I picked up a Switch Starter Set on Black Friday and haven't opened it. Actually decided that I don't want to hang on to it since I have way too many other games to play and know that I won't ever buy any more of the ships or the digital content which I feel like will shoestring the game for me some, but I also only ever really cared about the Star Fox content to begin with.

I'd love to sell the set and make a few bucks, but it's been consistently on sale since Black Friday so I think I'll just return it and get my $35 back.

Depends on how nice the person you speak to is. I have heard it goes both ways, some will and others won't. Worth a shot though. Worst case, buy it again at the cheaper price, and return that sealed one using your old receipt.

Best Buy isn’t GameStop, the employee won’t personally suffer for your returns. So they should be fine with a price adjustment. In general, they only allow one price adjustment though, and of course it won’t stack with a GCU discount.

Thanks. I was able to successfully do a price adjustment via chat.

Unfortunately my GCU ended in October - it was a nice 4 years while it  lasted.

Already got the Switch digital deluxe edition. Just wanted a physical Arwing, Neptune and Pulse. Under $60 is a great price for all those.

It's available for all three systems. I think the cheapest previous price was 35 on Black Friday, though I don't know if they're price matching another store.

Isn't it the same game, regardless if you get digital or physical? Or did I miss something that makes the digital inherently better?

Isn't it the same game, regardless if you get digital or physical? Or did I miss something that makes the digital inherently better?
You get more content with the digital version. The physical version comes with less ships and weapons.

For anyone one the fence, I think it's a good enough deal at 30 if you like the arwing. The game is a little repetitive, but the included weapons are enough to get you through it and it will feel somewhat limited. I'd wait if you're not interested in the arwing or are not planning on playing the game any time soon, though. Nothing concrete, but there's rumors of some dlc update that may or may not be free, and this physical starter is likely to go on sale a lot.

If anyone grabs the physical for 30, you still have the option to pick up the content bundle 1 digitally, which will put you close to the digital deluxe version. The digital content was just on sale over Black Friday too.

I went that route and I only have to register the Arwing and McCloud once a week. Everything else is digital. I really wanted that physical Arwing 😁

Shipping kills it.
Probably should have made it clearer in the title, the extra ships that you can buy for the game are 13 (I originally thought they were 15), shipping the item itself is not 15 bucks, it's whatever the standard rate is for amazon.

FWIW I bought the digital deluxe version on XBL during the Black Friday sale for $60 (reg price $80) and I am enjoying it so far 2 hours in.   The sense of speed while zooming around the planet surface is pretty good and the different ways you can upgrade and equip weapons helps keep things fresh.

Can I expect it to go under $30, or because of the physical toys, is this my best bet?

Edit: I don't care about toys, I just really prefer owning my games physical

picked up the switch physical with free shipping. wanted that Arwing badly and this price was a no brainer. thanks cag!

Best Buy isn’t GameStop, the employee won’t personally suffer for your returns. So they should be fine with a price adjustment. In general, they only allow one price adjustment though, and of course it won’t stack with a GCU discount.
Personally suffer? Is this for real? Gamestop employees are punished for taking a return?

Wish I would've waited for this...but really wanted the Arwing and wasn't sure if it was a limited, launch only release. The game is EXTREMELY repetitive. Having said that, it actually is really fun and the ability to play as StarFox is worth the price of admission. No ragrets.

Can I expect it to go under $30, or because of the physical toys, is this my best bet?

Edit: I don't care about toys, I just really prefer owning my games physical
These toy to life starter packs are the entry point, so I expect plenty of stock and sales. My guess is that you'll at least get another chance at 30 if they don't.

You could always return it at Best Buy and then just rebuy it with the adjustment if they don't just do a price adjustment for you.

I picked up a Switch Starter Set on Black Friday and haven't opened it. Actually decided that I don't want to hang on to it since I have way too many other games to play and know that I won't ever buy any more of the ships or the digital content which I feel like will shoestring the game for me some, but I also only ever really cared about the Star Fox content to begin with.

I'd love to sell the set and make a few bucks, but it's been consistently on sale since Black Friday so I think I'll just return it and get my $35 back.
Did you ever have a barcode /serial mismatch issue when returning one game from one retailer to another’s ??

bread's done
Back