*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
***DEAL IS NOW DEAD***

All credit goes to the individual who created THIS article.

I am putting it more succinctly here for everyone since the original article is pretty word and full of ads.

That being said I just tried this along with a few buddies of mine and it worked flawlessly.

*I understand this isn't directly a VIDEOGAME deal but technically they can now be used with commanding the Xbox One and such so I figured it deserved a thread here where it can be seen by more!*

Before we begin, there is one major limitation to this deal: you must be a new Spotify Premium subscriber. If you currently pay for any variation of Spotify Premium, you will not be eligible for this deal... Which means just make a new dummy account! : P

Step 1: Create a new Spotify account (or use your old one if you've only ever had a free account)

Step 2: Sign up for the 3 month Premium trial for $1 HERE.

Step 3: Upgrade to a family plan HERE. It says it will charge you $14.99 but what happens is instead it just knocks a single month off of your Premium trial from Step 2.

Step 4: Check your email, there should be a new one with the subject "Your Google Home Mini is now available." from Spotify. Follow the link and it is pretty self explanatory from there. You should not be charged a dime for the Google Home Mini with the promo that auto applies through the link and then the fact that there is free shipping on orders over $35.

Step 5: Cancel your Spotify Family and Spotify Premium memberships HERE (or in your Membership tab on your account) so as to not be charged later. You will retain the membership for the upcoming 2 months (duration of the trial) but will not auto renew so long as you cancel.

**NOTE** It seems that some people are experiencing extremely long processing times for their orders and it may be linked to cancelling immediately. It very well could just be an excess of people scamming this promo and just the holiday season in general but if you can wait a bit to cancel, maybe set up a calendar event and just cancel at the new year or something. **

Step 6: Enjoy your $1 Google Home Mini and maybe even buy this adorable Mickey Mouse accessory like I did since you can now justify it since the Mini was so cheap! ; p

Last edited by a moderator:
This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol
I've been using a Google Home for a while and haven't really run in to any issues. The Mini will be new to me however, though I have friends with the Mini and they haven't expressed any of those issues either? Wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Maybe it's not getting enough power from an unstable outlet, having some weird wireless interference in your home, or maybe your unit is just defective?

I've been using a Google Home for a while and haven't really run in to any issues. The Mini will be new to me however, though I have friends with the Mini and they haven't expressed any of those issues either? Wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Maybe it's not getting enough power from an unstable outlet, having some weird wireless interference in your home, or maybe your unit is just defective?
it’s possible then
Maybe I’ll ask for a replacement if they don’t mind

Thanks OP, worked like a charm. Google Home Mini 2 months of Spotify Premium to enjoy (I use Amazon Music, but Spotify does have a more), all for $1. Can’t beat that.

Crap I think I missed it..When I check out it's trying to charge me 52.00 :(..I made a new spotify account and followed the steps

Edit:Nm I tried to order the grey one and it worked.Guess you can't get the charcoal one (atleast I couldn't) Thanks for the heads up man!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet!  I was just able to check out with the charcoal model, so it definitely still works... thanks OP!  I already have three devices dotted around the house but now you can create speaker groups, this'll help the music get to the back of parties :)

it’s possible then
Maybe I’ll ask for a replacement if they don’t mind
I have the same outlook on these as you, but gave it a go when this deal started last week. It has worked flawlessly so far so you may have a lemon or some wifi issues. It was enough of a hit that we ordered two more from Walmart for $18. Not sure if that deal is still active as it seems like a price mistake.

I have the same outlook on these as you, but gave it a go when this deal started last week. It has worked flawlessly so far so you may have a lemon or some wifi issues. It was enough of a hit that we ordered two more from Walmart for $18. Not sure if that deal is still active as it seems like a price mistake.
wow, ok, def hoping to return or exchange then ...
Thanks for that reply bro

I tried an account I already had, but never had premium on it. It allowed me to do the trial and I signed up for the family plan. But I didn't get the email about the Google Home. Unless its really delayed. Or the account I used isn't eligible?

I cancelled the Premium membership... Does that by implication cancel the family membership? I don't see it

OP thank you for the explicit instructions. Hope it works. It seems like Spotify and Google would see that people are doing this. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just followed all directions and worked like a charm. I canceled premium straight up which I do believe also cancels family as well so that should help me.

Thanks OP!  Almost painless for me, everything was cool until trying to order the actual mini.  The Google store wouldn't accept my PO Box for a shipping address(I hate it when that happens) and it also wouldn't take a pre-generated cc number so I had to use my actual one.  Other than it won't ship til 21st no problems.  For only a $1 definitely worth the minor inconvenience.  Thanks again.

I wouldn't put a Google Mini/Amazon Alexa in my house. We say we hate advertising and then bring two of the biggest players in the space into our homes. To each their own. 

And yes, Amazon has an ad biz that it's scaling significantly; many believe it will take market share from duopoly of Google/FB. 

I wouldn't put a Google Mini/Amazon Alexa in my house. We say we hate advertising and then bring two of the biggest players in the space into our homes. To each their own.

And yes, Amazon has an ad biz that it's scaling significantly; many believe it will take market share from duopoly of Google/FB.
You can always use it as a hockey puck. If I'm honest that's probably I'll probably end up doing with mine.

I use my Insignia speaker in my living room to play music, and the hub in the kitchen mainly for cooking help, etc. and soon for my thermostat. I don't know where I'll put this one, but the others act as clocks more often than not. I've never gotten any ads, and Google isn't collecting anymore data from me than they already are with my Pixel, since they all connect back to your phone anyway.

bread's done
Back