* * * * * 1 votes

No Man's Sky (PS4) $9.97 "New" at Gamestop

#1 PimpBot2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

PimpBot2000

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

https://www.gamestop...mans-sky/129026

No Man's Sky (PS4) in Gamestop "new" condition for $9.97. Cheaper than the pre-owned price and seems to be readily available at their b&m stores.

Also: FREE No Hurry - Delivers 5-14 days after processing & get a $2 coupon on next Collectibles purchase of $10 or more. Will be sent to email address on order.

#2 AsherFischell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

AsherFischell

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

#3 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6141 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

Thanks, OP!  Cashed out a $10 rewards cert for this one.  It's funny, but this time, I don't even care if it's gutted when I go to buy it at the store later since I actually plan to play it.  And it probably will be.

#4 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

When I bought NMS "new" for $20 before the NEXT update came out, it was a gutted copy.  But I think it was the last one they had too.

#5 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

No, man. 

Also, in before "I don't get the hate for this game. I get that it launched with bugs but they patched it up and it's not bad. Thanks OP." 

#6 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   679 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

I used that no hurry shipping before and never got the coupon.

#7 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Still awful.

#8 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! I just picked this up at Best Buy on the X for $25, and am really enjoying it - picked up a copy for a buddy for Christmas because for $10 can't say no!

#9 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

$10 is a steal. Anyone who hasn't been following NMS since it's disastrous launch, Hello Games has been regularly providing free updates over the last two years. The NEXT update 4 months ago finished implementing the major features most people were expecting at launch. Since then, the devs have been fixing bugs and rolling out new content expansions for free. 

#10 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2150 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

Agreed, NMS at launch was a disaster.
Now? Its actually a pretty decent game, and $10 is a good deal.

#11 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2271 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

New, my ass.

"New", spot on OP.

#12 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   467 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

New, my ass.

"New", spot on OP.

Just got Ys VIII and RE7 Gold "New" from them. Any way to get those nasty clear stickers off the game case? My Ys case is sticking to my other PS4 boxes.

#13 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

Developer should be commended for the work they have done after being crucified for his lies. Regardless of being justified. He could have said the hell with it and went into hiding. Instead he hired the help of other devs and made amends. Tons of updates and it doesnt look like they are stopping any time soon.

#14 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6264 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

Though I haven't played the game, I applaud the dev team for keeping at it with free content and continuing to update it instead of moving on to a new project. Most bigger companies would abandon and move on but it takes a lot to see your project fail and come up especially years later.

#15 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

Developer should be commended for the work they have done after being crucified for his lies. Regardless of being justified. He could have said the hell with it and went into hiding. Instead he hired the help of other devs and made amends.Tons of updates and it doesnt look like they are stopping any time soon.

That's a fair point. I do tip my hat for the work that was done post launch; I have not experienced it, but the fact they are still updating game 2 years after launch provides context they are up to something.

Still, the damage has been done. 

#16 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

Love the "new" title. Call it like it is. Scummy lamestop

#17 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

That's a fair point. I do tip my hat for the work that was done post launch; I have not experienced it, but the fact they are still updating game 2 years after launch provides context they are up to something.

I dont fully agree with that. There is a path to redemption with gamers and casuals. I think he is on that path. You are more than welcome to take a stand but if you are really mad about not getting the right envisioned product...guess what? That product is available now through a few updates. Just seems odd to be so angry.

#18 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

I dont fully agree with that. There is a path to redemption with gamers and casuals. I think he is on that path. You are more than welcome to take a stand but if you are really mad about not getting the right envisioned product...guess what? That product is available now through a few updates. Just seems odd to be so angry.

I can certainly understand if anyone is upset at this game and paid $60/$48 for it. It was falsely advertised and came out half baked. I was upset with Mass Effect 4* for similar reasons. 

Fixing the product, IMO, gives the developer some credibility whenever they come out with a second game. 

What I don't get is people standing up for sketch biz practices within video game industry. It's good that people call BS. 

#19 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

I can understand to an extent. The fact that its been rectified should hold a lot of weight. Even in the gaming world where even the simplest things get blow out of proportion. Sometimes to embarrassing levels. If you still own the game I think you owe it to yourself to at least see what the devs have done. For the sake of this topic. $10 is a deal and ironically im sure people are paying way more as we speak for less.

#20 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

I can understand to an extent. The fact that its been rectified should hold a lot of weight. Even in the gaming world where even the simplest things get blow out of proportion. Sometimes to embarrassing levels. If you still own the game I think you owe it to yourself to at least see what the devs have done. For the sake of this topic. $10 is a deal and ironically im sure people are paying way more as we speak for less.

Yea IDK. I buy into the notion that a product should be complete at launch. This crap of releasing half baked games (see Fallout 76 for latest example) and charging full price while giving consumers no option for a refund is legit criminal. 

#21 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

Just got Ys VIII and RE7 Gold "New" from them. Any way to get those nasty clear stickers off the game case? My Ys case is sticking to my other PS4 boxes.

if you have a bunch of cases with stickers and residue, you should buy a bottle of goo gone. stuff works great and is pretty cheap.

#22 romodome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Thanks, OP! Cashed out a $10 rewards cert for this one. It's funny, but this time, I don't even care if it's gutted when I go to buy it at the store later since I actually plan to play it. And it probably will be.

I thought item had to be $10 or more. $9.97 won't cut it, or has that changed. Will use a $5 rewards just in case

#23 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

I thought item had to be $10 or more. $9.97 won't cut it, or has that changed. Will use a $5 rewards just in case

It isn’t like Best Buy where the subtotal needs to be equal or higher than the certificate. Think of it as like a gift card but any remaining balance you don’t get to keep. I’ve used $10 certs on $9.99 items plenty of times

#24 DrBayrd  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

Lighter fluid works pretty well too and doesn’t leave that orange discoloring that goo gone does.

#25 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6141 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

You can use a $10 cert on an item that costs less than $10. You just don't get change back. And I might have to pay the difference for the tax out of pocket.

#26 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7735 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

Lighter fluid works pretty well too and doesn’t leave that orange discoloring that goo gone does.

Are you talking about Goof Off or Goo gone?  

Goo gone has worked for me in the past and doesn't leave too much of a mess if you use it sparingly.  

Goof off is too strong for this IMO.  That stuff is pretty aggressive.

#27 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

For who? People who played it at launch? Maybe. For everyone else not so much. I got it for $20 from Black Friday a couple years back. It's been lying in my backlog ever since. If I played it right now for the first time it'd be an entirely different game than it was back then. I never experienced the "bad" version. I will only experience the "good" version, so for someone like me the damage has not been done.

#28 ed_ames   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

This is an outstanding deal. I was disappointed at launch, but with all of the recent fixes, it totally redeems the game. I actually repurchased it and I am extremely pleased. 

#29 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2150 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Yea IDK. I buy into the notion that a product should be complete at launch. This crap of releasing half baked games (see Fallout 76 for latest example) and charging full price while giving consumers no option for a refund is legit criminal.

I do agree, but.. the fact they stuck with the game and fixed it instead of bitching at the gamers and walking away means a lot imo.

Best game ever? No.
But it is a pretty good game. Now.

Will i hesitate to buy anything from hello games again? Yep.

Fallout 76 started similar to NMS. Lets see how the big developers handle it.

#30 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2271 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

Agree with the guy who said Goo Gone.