* * * * * 1 votes

Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection PS4/XB1/PC 24.99 @ Amazon

#1 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

Physical only. 

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B07F8R7CFG/

#2 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:54 PM

Shame this is on sale for this price now. I would have easily paid $25 for it a few months ago, but too much to play for me to want to go back to Destiny 2 after not playing it since February. 

#3 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7735 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

Shame this is on sale for this price now. I would have easily paid $25 for it a few months ago, but too much to play for me to want to go back to Destiny 2 after not playing it since February. 

Plus how soon before you need to buy the next season pass anyway?  I assume the Foresaken season pass is NOT included?  Looks like the first DLC of that dropped today?  

https://www.gamespot...t/1100-6463628/

#4 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

Plus how soon before you need to buy the next season pass anyway?  I assume the Foresaken season pass is NOT included?  Looks like the first DLC of that dropped today?  

Yeah, that's a good point. I am so out of the loop on Destiny at this point though that I don't even know that I care to go back to it. I had fun with the series, but it got to the point where all my friends dropped off and it was a chore to play. 

#5 gogomo  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

Same. I feel like this franchise had its moment.  They didn't capitalize on it.  They could've used D2 to prove that they learned from the mistakes of D1, but they didn't.  All my friends and the whole clan stopped playing this ages ago.  I've lost interest and have no incentive to hop back on.

#6 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

If they had xbox cross play sense I got ps4. I would get this sense people I work with still play on xbox. But like everyone else I'm so far put of the loop and everyone I know stop playing. I think I might be done with destiny all together.

#7 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Forsaken has put the game into a great place, arguably its best place since the franchise began.  There are so many things to do and collect and shoot in the face that it's a little overwhelming.

The Annual Pass has three releases in it and is NOT included in the Forsaken Collection (extra $35 cost):

• Season of the Forge / Black Armory (released yesterday)
  • Season of the Drifter / Joker's Wild
  • Season of the ??? / Penumbra

With each new season Bungie is raising the Max Power Level by 50 and you don't have to buy the Annual Pass to enjoy that raised max.  Of course, you would need to buy the Annual Pass if you want to enjoy the content from the Annual Pass, but Bungie is putting out free content during those seasons as well.

#8 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

I almost have in and bought it *again*. Must stay strong

#9 adam81  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:01 AM

An annual pass to an expansion of an expansion. Bungie and Activision can go Fuck themselves.

#10 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2150 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:11 AM

An annual pass to an expansion of an expansion. Bungie and Activision can go Fuck themselves.

This is why I quit after the vanilla game, and would only fire it up again to finish some of the vanilla game. (achievements etc) zero interest in paying a subscription fee, which this has become.

#11 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

25 bucks is a good price for everything that's included. Foresaken brought in a good number of improvements and PVP\PVE activities. I wouldn't let the Annual pass deter a casual romp into the franchise. Everything in the Annual pass is end game stuff that is more for the people who have nothing else to do once they max out their light.

I do agree however that the Annual pass shouldn't be an additional charge at this point. I have yet to purchase it myself but may do so if there is a sale or if something catches my interest in the upcoming content.   

#12 io   ... Super Moderators   24669 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:27 AM

I'm tempted... I almost bought it at the Black Friday price of $30 and said I'd have gotten it if I could get GCU discount. This is damn close. But... Yeah, now there's a season pass on top of it. And note that I already had the D2 Limited Edition so I have the year 1 expansions. Only new thing is Forsaken so I'd just be buying it for that. And once again the thing I hate about the move towards digital: the Forsaken expansion by itself is still $40. If this entire collection is $25, Forsaken should be $10 or $15 or something. I'd buy it for sure then. Still... considering this.

#13 sjchmura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

sjchmura

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:18 AM

So I have the vanilla plain destiny 2 zzz

This will give my the first 2 dlc plus the forsaken correct? I can sell my first disc for $1 ?

#14 io   ... Super Moderators   24669 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:27 AM

So I have the vanilla plain destiny 2 zzz

This will give my the first 2 dlc plus the forsaken correct? I can sell my first disc for $1 ?

Yes

And I was thinking I could sell my original disc too - but with plain D2 being $5 on Amazon right now, yeah, $1 is probably ambitious ;).

#15 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2150 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

Gamestop gives $2 i think.

I finally traded in my old copy and kept the free copy that BB was giving out (still sealed)

#16 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7735 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

With each new season Bungie is raising the Max Power Level by 50 and you don't have to buy the Annual Pass to enjoy that raised max.  Of course, you would need to buy the Annual Pass if you want to enjoy the content from the Annual Pass, but Bungie is putting out free content during those seasons as well.

Thanks you confirmed what I thought.  I am not even sure my friends on PS4 are still playing this.  If they are they very likely will have the latest season pass.  So I would have to drop $60+ to really get back into this and play it with my friends.  I am going to pass.  I appreciate that they have apparently done a lot to fix the issues. But I already haven't played much of the previous two DLCs.  

I am just not interested in dropping $60.  I bet I wouldn't be playing in a month or two again anyway.

#17 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

I think this is being a little dramatic.  The Annual Pass is elective DLC, as in not necessary.  It requires Forsaken to play mostly because of how high level the content is.

At worst, this is an Annual Pass to an expansion. :)

This is why I quit after the vanilla game, and would only fire it up again to finish some of the vanilla game. (achievements etc) zero interest in paying a subscription fee, which this has become.

While I would even hesitate to call D2 "MMO Lite," this is where this game most resembles an MMO.  You get left behind and can't do most/any of the new fun things unless you keep up with all the expansions.

Thanks you confirmed what I thought.  I am not even sure my friends on PS4 are still playing this.  If they are they very likely will have the latest season pass.  So I would have to drop $60+ to really get back into this and play it with my friends.  I am going to pass.  I appreciate that they have apparently done a lot to fix the issues. But I already haven't played much of the previous two DLCs.  

I am just not interested in dropping $60.  I bet I wouldn't be playing in a month or two again anyway.

Just to be clear, you don't have to buy the Annual Pass on top of Forsaken just to be current.  Everyone that owns Forsaken has access to the new max Power Level, but without the Annual Pass you don't have access to the new guns and armor and activities (Forge and Raid).

If you want to get into Forsaken, which I highly recommend because of how many things to chase there are, you don't have to pay more than the $25 mentioned in this thread.

#18 io   ... Super Moderators   24669 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:18 AM

Well, I bought it - should be here tomorrow.  I bought it from Best Buy where it was $59.99 but price matched via chat with Amazon's $24.99.  I also used my GCU and a $10 RZ cert so I paid $37.99 but should only have to pay $14.99.  I got an email a while later saying I am getting a refund of $37.99 - but nothing is showing on my order or on my credit card.  If he really did screw up and give me the full $37.99 back then I just paid for it with my $10 RZ cert.  We shall see...  It's been a while since I've tried to price match or anything.  It could very well be that my "refund" goes into the ether and I end up paying $47.99 for this.

#19 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   679 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:10 AM

Well, I bought it - should be here tomorrow. I bought it from Best Buy where it was $59.99 but price matched via chat with Amazon's $24.99. I also used my GCU and a $10 RZ cert so I paid $37.99 but should only have to pay $14.99. I got an email a while later saying I am getting a refund of $37.99 - but nothing is showing on my order or on my credit card. If he really did screw up and give me the full $37.99 back then I just paid for it with my $10 RZ cert. We shall see... It's been a while since I've tried to price match or anything. It could very well be that my "refund" goes into the ether and I end up paying $47.99 for this.

The refund email is wrong when using certs. I did this kind of thing over Black Friday and they correctly refunded the proper amount.

#20 io   ... Super Moderators   24669 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

The refund email is wrong when using certs. I did this kind of thing over Black Friday and they correctly refunded the proper amount.

How long did it take for the refund to show up?  Does it show on the order page for the item?  I figured it would show there but there's nothing.  And while the original purchase is pending on my card, the refund is not.

#21 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

I’ll wait until they bundle this, with the annual pass for $25.

I’m so done with D2, that’s the most I’ll pay for all this.

There are just WAY too many content rich games in the backlog that don’t try to gouge me.

#22 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4389 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

I’ll wait until they bundle this, with the annual pass for $25.

I’m so done with D2, that’s the most I’ll pay for all this.

There are just WAY too many content rich games in the backlog that don’t try to gouge me.

At that point you will still be missing the newest DLC released after that bundle releases.

#23 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

The Destiny games are such a ripoff and an endless money sink. Get the game at launch? Don’t worry they will release a much better version of the game you have to double dip on in half a year. Waiting for the complete collection? Don’t worry a new Destiny will be right around the corner. They pulled the same exact crap with the first one and luckily this time it scared off a bunch of people from falling into the trap again.

#24 RiPPn  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:24 AM

Last year Best Buy and Amazon would price match each other throughout December.  This year Best Buy has been pretty shit when it comes to sales while Amazon has been killing it and Best Buy hasn't matched anyone.  This after killing GCU which was hopefully supposed to have the opposite effect.  Such a bummer what is going on with this retailer.  Hope they lose hard this holiday season so they rethink their strategy.

The Destiny games are such a ripoff and an endless money sink. Get the game at launch? Don’t worry they will release a much better version of the game you have to double dip on in half a year. Waiting for the complete collection? Don’t worry a new Destiny will be right around the corner. They pulled the same exact crap with the first one and luckily this time it scared off a bunch of people from falling into the trap again.

Feels a lot like how Blizzard handled World of Warcraft sans the membership fee.  They don't get how this turns off their base.  I really like how Elder Scrolls Online handles theirs.  You either buy the expansions like Destiny, or you can pay for the membership which gives you access to all the expansions and comes with perks.  While still not ideal to have to sink additional money into a purchased game, at least it offers a choice, and if you only want to play for a month it will come out far cheaper.