* - - - - 2 votes

Playstation Classic $79.99 at Best Buy (Open Box)

#1 IDreamcasterI  

IDreamcasterI

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6301601

Open box but people are reporting finding some of them as new.

#2 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

93.99 in my area for open box. Might want to add YMMV to the title.

#3 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Like, they give you $79.99 to lug that piece of crap to the car?

#4 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

In its current state just based off of all the reviews it's not even worth $29.99 and that's being generous. Now if someone finds a way to hack it and allows to play PS1 ISO's hanging off a USB drive and let's you attach a DS4 controller via USB, then i'd be willing to pay more.

Sony once again found a way to Fuck up another good idea. The last time they did that, they introduced the PS Vita.

#5 drd7of14  

drd7of14

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

$99.99 - New

$93.99 - Open-Box Excellent (In-Store Only)

$87.99 - Open-Box Satisfactory (In-Store Only)

$79.99 - Open-Box Fair (In-Store Only)

So yeah, YMMV...Could possibly try to argue the quality of the box?

#6 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13802 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

LMAO, the SAME WEEK, 2 DAYS LATER? Could you imagine NESC doing that? There'd be fucking murders lol.

#7 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

In its current state just based off of all the reviews it's not even worth $29.99 and that's being generous. Now if someone finds a way to hack it and allows to play PS1 ISO's hanging off a USB drive and let's you attach a DS4 controller via USB, then i'd be willing to pay more.

Sony once again found a way to Fuck up another good idea. The last time they did that, they introduced the PS Vita.

It's hacked already.  Not full PSX backups on USB hack, yet.  But so far, attaching a USB keyboard grants access to the emulator menu and apparently someone's running Doom on one already.

#8 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

LMAO, the SAME WEEK, 2 DAYS LATER? Could you imagine NESC doing that? There'd be fucking murders lol.

They would totally have open box NES/SNES if Nintendo let them...or anyone actually returned them opened. ;)

#9 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

"It sucks donkey ballz." 

Customer to Best Buy employee as to why they are returning PS1 Classic 

#10 Jurai  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

It's hacked fyi, people yesterday got custom game images to load

#11 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

fingers crossed for Price Adjust in next week or two.

#12 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:29 PM

$79.99 is still too high for me. I need this to be at least $60 at this point. If this continues to sit on shelves everywhere throughout the Holiday season though I definitely could see Sony dropping the price to try and sell through these things. Let's just hope it's a similar fire sale like what we saw with the PSTV.

#13 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12726 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

It's hacked fyi, people yesterday got custom game images to load

Cool but have they been able to improve the emulator's performance at all?  I see some keyboards can access the emulator menu but it's not clear if changing any settings makes any improvements.  It's nice you can load a bunch of games onto it but if they don't run well, there's not much of a point, at least not to me.

#14 ed_ames   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

All those returns....lol

#15 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

$79.99 is still too high for me. I need this to be at least $60 at this point. If this continues to sit on shelves everywhere throughout the Holiday season though I definitely could see Sony dropping the price to try and sell through these things. Let's just hope it's a similar fire sale like what we saw with the PSTV.

Same here. I'll wait for a fire sale just like the PSTV. I picked up 3x PSTV systems at TRU for $17.97 each about year ago.

Note: I'm thinking of flipping a couple PSTVs on eBay knowing these are fetching like $160+ on eBay. Crazy!!!

#16 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   612 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

Cool but have they been able to improve the emulator's performance at all?  I see some keyboards can access the emulator menu but it's not clear if changing any settings makes any improvements.  It's nice you can load a bunch of games onto it but if they don't run well, there's not much of a point, at least not to me.

I think the hardware itself is limited, unless somehow the software config can improve it. From the Digital Foundry video, despite hacks, the hardware just can't run the games consistently or on par with the original PS1.

#17 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   612 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

Same here. I'll wait for a fire sale just like the PSTV. I picked up 3x PSTV systems at TRU for $17.97 each about year ago.

Note: I'm thinking of flipping a couple PSTVs on eBay knowing these are fetching like $160+ on eBay. Crazy!!!

I have a couple PSTVs as well, but I haven't touched them since the memory cards died on me. I see they have SD2VITA adapters now. I may have to get one and try it out. I think I tried via USB thumbdrive, but couldn't get it to work consistently.

#18 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3579 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:20 PM

Wow, that many returns already?  People have until Jan to actually play it first if they wanted to.

#19 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

Not anymore. All price points say in-store only now.

#20 elessar123  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

Probably all the resellers returning after they found out no one wants them.

#21 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:32 AM

It's a shame they botched the emulation and still went through with shipping em out. I haven't played mine yet, so hearing this makes me very sad. I don't want to return my PS classic if there's a way to patch the performance, but it doesn't sound like that's a workable solution.

Guess it's going back :'(

#22 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13802 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

They would totally have open box NES/SNES if Nintendo let them...or anyone actually returned them opened. ;)

Oh I know, that's the joke. People would have been killing each other to get one, especially at that price lol.