Playstation Classic $79.99 at Best Buy (Open Box)

In its current state just based off of all the reviews it's not even worth $29.99 and that's being generous. Now if someone finds a way to hack it and allows to play PS1 ISO's hanging off a USB drive and let's you attach a DS4 controller via USB, then i'd be willing to pay more.

Sony once again found a way to fuck up another good idea. The last time they did that, they introduced the PS Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
$99.99 - New

$93.99 - Open-Box Excellent (In-Store Only)

$87.99 - Open-Box Satisfactory (In-Store Only)

$79.99 - Open-Box Fair (In-Store Only)

So yeah, YMMV...Could possibly try to argue the quality of the box?

In its current state just based off of all the reviews it's not even worth $29.99 and that's being generous. Now if someone finds a way to hack it and allows to play PS1 ISO's hanging off a USB drive and let's you attach a DS4 controller via USB, then i'd be willing to pay more.

Sony once again found a way to fuck up another good idea. The last time they did that, they introduced the PS Vita.
It's hacked already. Not full PSX backups on USB hack, yet. But so far, attaching a USB keyboard grants access to the emulator menu and apparently someone's running Doom on one already.

LMAO, the SAME WEEK, 2 DAYS LATER? Could you imagine NESC doing that? There'd be fucking murders lol.
They would totally have open box NES/SNES if Nintendo let them...or anyone actually returned them opened. ;)

It's hacked fyi, people yesterday got custom game images to load

$79.99 is still too high for me. I need this to be at least $60 at this point. If this continues to sit on shelves everywhere throughout the Holiday season though I definitely could see Sony dropping the price to try and sell through these things. Let's just hope it's a similar fire sale like what we saw with the PSTV.

It's hacked fyi, people yesterday got custom game images to load
Cool but have they been able to improve the emulator's performance at all? I see some keyboards can access the emulator menu but it's not clear if changing any settings makes any improvements. It's nice you can load a bunch of games onto it but if they don't run well, there's not much of a point, at least not to me.

$79.99 is still too high for me. I need this to be at least $60 at this point. If this continues to sit on shelves everywhere throughout the Holiday season though I definitely could see Sony dropping the price to try and sell through these things. Let's just hope it's a similar fire sale like what we saw with the PSTV.
Same here. I'll wait for a fire sale just like the PSTV. I picked up 3x PSTV systems at TRU for $17.97 each about year ago.

Note: I'm thinking of flipping a couple PSTVs on eBay knowing these are fetching like $160+ on eBay. Crazy!!!

Cool but have they been able to improve the emulator's performance at all? I see some keyboards can access the emulator menu but it's not clear if changing any settings makes any improvements. It's nice you can load a bunch of games onto it but if they don't run well, there's not much of a point, at least not to me.
I think the hardware itself is limited, unless somehow the software config can improve it. From the Digital Foundry video, despite hacks, the hardware just can't run the games consistently or on par with the original PS1.

Same here. I'll wait for a fire sale just like the PSTV. I picked up 3x PSTV systems at TRU for $17.97 each about year ago.

Note: I'm thinking of flipping a couple PSTVs on eBay knowing these are fetching like $160+ on eBay. Crazy!!!
I have a couple PSTVs as well, but I haven't touched them since the memory cards died on me. I see they have SD2VITA adapters now. I may have to get one and try it out. I think I tried via USB thumbdrive, but couldn't get it to work consistently.

Wow, that many returns already?  People have until Jan to actually play it first if they wanted to.

It's a shame they botched the emulation and still went through with shipping em out. I haven't played mine yet, so hearing this makes me very sad. I don't want to return my PS classic if there's a way to patch the performance, but it doesn't sound like that's a workable solution.

Guess it's going back :'(

bread's done
Back