* - - - - 1 votes

Quantic Dream Collection PS4 39.99/31.99 GCU @Bestbuy

#31 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3107 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hmm, considering HR and B2S had not physical previously and not every retail had this collection i jumped in, it's probably limited amount.
I was going to pay 20 for Detroit so less than 15 for the other 2 is good enough.

I bought it just in case it's limited as well.

#32 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10631 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

MSRP for a non CE generic release is not a deal.

GCU makes it not msrp

#33 Strange Aeons   CAG Lurker CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Strange Aeons

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

There you go. Three discs.
I returned my Black Friday copy of Detroit for this collection.18-12-11-23-03-10-510_deco.jpg

#34 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:24 AM

The side of the case makes it look like the subtitle of the set is "Two Souls Collection". That has a nice ring to it.

#35 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

At first I was annoyed that I imported the UK version already, but seeing the NA version unboxed I feel a little better.  Instead of the fragile swivel thingy in the NA version, the UK version has two disc holders, one on each side of the case.

#36 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the link - picked it up, had a $5 reward cert and really love the games Quantic dreams pushes out. I totally understand they aren't for everybody but I also imported this earlier this year when I wanted to replay through Heavy Rain (never played the DLC) so glad to support the publisher and add all 3 physical games to the collection!

#37 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

Heavy Rain + Beyond 2 souls and Detroit BC!

https://www.bestbuy....T&skuId=6315207

Detroit BC? Is the game called Detroit Become Computer?

#38 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:36 AM

GCU makes it not msrp

I don’t care about this particular deal or if it’s worth posting or not, but I find this to be a really foolish statement. When you can no longer accquire GCU, it’s not generally applicable to most people anymore.

Even more so to say it is not MSRP because of that ... I mean seriously, we didn’t spend the last two years claiming every day one release was a “deal” if you had GCU. Why not just go around posting every GS used game as a deal; that’s not MSRP either, but if you want to promote a cheaper game that most people can’t/won’t take advantage of ... bam there you go.

Plenty of threads promote or advertise games at MSRP, especially for day one releases of stuff that might be limited. This is just another thread that does so. But it’s most certainly not a “deal” in the CAG sense.

#39 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

I don’t care about this particular deal or if it’s worth posting or not, but I find this to be a really foolish statement. When you can no longer accquire GCU, it’s not generally applicable to most people anymore.

Even more so to say it is not MSRP because of that ... I mean seriously, we didn’t spend the last two years claiming every day one release was a “deal” if you had GCU. Why not just go around posting every GS used game as a deal; that’s not MSRP either, but if you want to promote a cheaper game that most people can’t/won’t take advantage of ... bam there you go.

Plenty of threads promote or advertise games at MSRP, especially for day one releases of stuff that might be limited. This is just another thread that does so. But it’s most certainly not a “deal” in the CAG sense.

I wouldn't be shocked if GCU deals are posted until 2020 on here. 

#40 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3498 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the link - picked it up, had a $5 reward cert and really love the games Quantic dreams pushes out. I totally understand they aren't for everybody but I also imported this earlier this year when I wanted to replay through Heavy Rain (never played the DLC) so glad to support the publisher and add all 3 physical games to the collection!

Unfortunately, the DLC for Heavy Rain was not included in the port to PS4. Found this out the hard way after platinuming the game. You’ll have to go back on your PS3 to play the Taxidermist :(

#41 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

Unfortunately, the DLC for Heavy Rain was not included in the port to PS4. Found this out the hard way after platinuming the game. You’ll have to go back on your PS3 to play the Taxidermist :(

Argh that's dumb. Oh well still worth a replay! Plus need to do another run of Detroit:BC and go opposite my first playthrough.

#42 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:34 AM

North is hot