.hack saga will they ever sell as bundle?

ne2eire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I started watching the anime series and it's really good. Thought about starting to play the PS2 games, but I have no idea how many there are supposed to be, when it will be complete or if they'll continue on PS3. Anyone care to shed more light on this? Also do you think they'll ever release the games as a boxed bundle? Thanks

There are 4 games in the series, and they are complete. A boxed bundle, most likely not. :) I wouldn't mind a box to hold the individual four releases though.

Oh god, don't play those games.

Every level is the same, you enter a keyword, go to a level, fight your way to the bottom, and kill a boss. The only difference is the "element" (color scheme and enemies).

No variety, your only reward is the occasional story advancement.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Oh god, don't play those games.

Every level is the same, you enter a keyword, go to a level, fight your way to the bottom, and kill a boss. The only difference is the "element" (color scheme and enemies).

No variety, your only reward is the occasional story advancement.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you've never played an MMORPG. That's the whole "gimmick", I guess you would call it.

I would love to get a box set for the games. Infact I've been kind of holding out for a box set, but if I don't hear something soon I'm just going to buy them.

I've only played the first two and I really enjoyed it. And I can't wait for .Hack Fragment (.Hack ONLINE)

Although I've only played the first game, I agree with Quackzilla.

The story is interesting but the battles are tedious and it's all about levelling up. If the environments looked better or varied more, it wouldn't be as bad. The textures are pure crap similar/worse than DMC 2's.

The dungeons are completely barren. Unless you're a fan of the cartoon I can't see how the series could be worth it.

I have only played .Hack 1 but I loved it. I plan on playing the rest of them soon. It is just a hack'n'slash but I loved it. It did get repetitive but it was so much fun it didn't hinder the game. If you are not an old action RPG (secret of mana, diablo...) fan then rent before you buy.

To answer the OP's question, there are currently 4 .hack games out and that is the complete story of them, though there is another one being made, but I'm not sure whether or not there will be any relation to the first four. I wouldn't mind a box set of them to come out, but I highly doubt it. I currently only have number 3 (got it at the CC $10 sale) but am currently looking for some cheap deals on the others. if you guys know of any, then don't hesitate to post it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']though there is another one being made, but I'm not sure whether or not there will be any relation to the first four.[/QUOTE]

That sure looks like Kite (is that his name?) from the .hack games in the trailer for .hack/GU shown at E3.

Edit: And I know other people in the same class look the same (from the series for example) but that looked just like that Kite guy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']To answer the OP's question, there are currently 4 .hack games out and that is the complete story of them, though there is another one being made, but I'm not sure whether or not there will be any relation to the first four. I wouldn't mind a box set of them to come out, but I highly doubt it. I currently only have number 3 (got it at the CC $10 sale) but am currently looking for some cheap deals on the others. if you guys know of any, then don't hesitate to post it.[/QUOTE]

I saw part 4 used in a Blockbuster Video for $6.99. Not sure if it's the same price at all Blockbusters though. The condition was all scratched up to hell so I passed.

[quote name='red flare graf']
Every level is the same, you enter a keyword, go to a level, fight your way to the bottom, and kill a boss. The only difference is the "element" (color scheme and enemies). No variety, your only reward is the occasional story advancement.
It sounds like you've never played an MMORPG. That's the whole "gimmick", I guess you would call it.[/QUOTE]
That's why MMO-RPGs suck. They're boring & repetitive. So is this Dot Hack game (part 1 anyway - I quit after 10 hours).

I recommend you buy Part 4, and skip the first three parts.

EDIT: Forgot. These games also come with 4 free anime videos (Hack Liminality), which are worth watching, but you can download them free off the internet..... isohunt.com..... so don't waste your money.

troy

I beat the first two, but got sick of the third on. The AI is horrible and just blindly runs into fights. When you're fighting harder monsters they can die in a matter of seconds.

bread's done
Back