- - - - -

Buy 2 Select Videogames get $50 Gift Card at Target

#1 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:44 AM

https://www.target.com/pl/659283468

$50 gift card when you buy 2 select video games

Target will pricematch Gamestop.com and you will still get the $50 giftcard, YMMV as some stores are starting to make it a 'giftcard or pricematch' thing if they've already been hit, online chat support might hook you up with a pricematch, you probably will only be able to pricematch 1 copy of each game. Do separate orders as I believe it's 1 card per transaction

Following titles are included in the promo

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Xbox One $58.99

Battlefield V - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Battlefield V - Xbox One $59.99

Far Cry 5 - PlayStation 4 $45.49
Far Cry 5 Xbox One $39.99

FIFA 19 - Nintendo Switch $59.99
FIFA 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
FIFA 19 - Xbox One $59.99
PS4 and XB1 $29.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop...3-fifa 19,28zu0

For Honor: Marching Fire Edition - PlayStation 4 $59.99
For Honor: Marching Fire Edition - Xbox One $59.99

Hasbro Game Night - Nintendo Switch $59.99

Madden NFL 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Madden NFL 19 - Xbox One $59.99

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Nintendo Switch $59.99

NHL 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
NHL 19 - Xbox One $59.99

Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - Nintendo Switch $74.99
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - PlayStation 4 $74.99
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - Xbox One $74.99

The Crew 2 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
The Crew 2 - Xbox One $59.99

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition - PlayStation 4 $38.99
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition - Xbox One $40.49

#2 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:59 AM

According to this (https://corporate.ta...etitor-List.pdf) you can price match some of these games from GameStop/GameStop.com, but will the $50 gift card still trigger in the system? You'll have to try and see! :)

#3 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:33 AM

According to this (https://corporate.ta...etitor-List.pdf) you can price match some of these games from GameStop/GameStop.com, but will the $50 gift card still trigger in the system? You'll have to try and see! :)

Walmart.com dropped Far Cry 5 to $24.99 earlier also, twitter is already spreading some 'get Target to price match, get $50 gc, sell games on ebay' schemes

#4 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

Target's prices are mostly shit. Black Friday was the only real deal going for them and not much after. This is really a Buy 2 Kinda Get 1 deal. If they price match the low prices it's the only bargain you'd get.

#5 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:04 PM

With those prices, a $50 gift card is the least they can do for bending me over.

#6 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14507 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:26 PM

I think the SKU would proc the gift card, not the price. So you should be able to price match them and get the gc too.

#7 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:06 PM

What happens if you return the games still new sealed after getting the gift card?

#8 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7232 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

What happens if you return the games still new sealed after getting the gift card?

The return value of the games are adjusted to compensate for the gift card.

#9 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

Some of the games still sell for $25+, the going scam people are running is to price match and get the cards then just flip the games on eBay, dealing with in person price matching makes me too anxious but it's apparently working

#10 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

Has anyone confirmed you can price match & get the gift card?
Not looking to flip or scam. Just trying to be cheap ;)

#11 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

I saw people doing it yesterday

#12 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

I wish my Target stores weren't stickers for deals like this. The CS reps refuse to give any types of deals whenever price matching is involved.

#13 Troblin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

How is the $50 giftcard provided instore?  Is it on the receipt or emailed?

#14 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

How is the $50 giftcard provided instore?  Is it on the receipt or emailed?

It's provided on a giftcard?

#15 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

It's YMMV of whether or not you have the desire to/have the verbal ability to trick/pressure the employee into violating their store policy and getting them in trouble. 

https://corporate.ta...with-confidence

Exclusions:

Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers, Registry completion coupons and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match.

#16 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

It's YMMV of whether or not you have the desire to/have the verbal ability to trick/pressure the employee into violating their store policy and getting them in trouble. 

https://corporate.ta...with-confidence

Exclusions:

Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers, Registry completion coupons and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match.

Thanks for that - gonna pass on trying to pull this off now. Been a retail employee a long time ago, job sucks enough without people trying to get you in trouble/lose your job to save a few bucks.

#17 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for that - gonna pass on trying to pull this off now. Been a retail employee a long time ago, job sucks enough without people trying to get you in trouble/lose your job to save a few bucks.

Yeah I don't have the fortitude to hassle employees into deals, if I get shot down I just walk away and take it as a loss, some people act like fucking psychopaths about getting them to cut a deal

#18 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

Just got back from Target and it worked no problem and nothing in the promo (see image) says price matching is not allowed. Each of the games I purchased (Madden '19 and Fifa '19) came out to $4 each after price matching Walmart's price of $29 each! You can keep using the $50 gift card in separate transactions to continue getting the games for $4 each and then flip them. At the end, you will have a $50 Target gift card you'll have to use in the future but that is pretty easy to spend.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 10.46.11 AM.png

20181214_104304.jpg

#19 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

Adam - did you have to tell them about the $50 gift card promo or did it automatically apply when you purchased the 2 games together?

#20 Adhiman  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

Just got back from Target and it worked no problem and nothing in the promo (see image) says price matching is not allowed. Each of the games I purchased (Madden '19 and Fifa '19) came out to $4 each after price matching Walmart's price of $29 each! You can keep using the $50 gift card in separate transactions to continue getting the games for $4 each and then flip them. At the end, you will have a $50 Target gift card you'll have to use in the future but that is pretty easy to spend.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 10.46.11 AM.png

20181214_104304.jpg

Wait I’m confused; you were able to turn around and use the gift card in the same transaction? Or had you gotten a gift card before doing this? How were you getting -$25 before you had purchased the games?

#21 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

Wait I’m confused; you were able to turn around and use the gift card in the same transaction? Or had you gotten a gift card before doing this? How were you getting -$25 before you had purchased the games?

sounds to me like he just started another transaction with the price match and used the $50 giftcard towards it, which netted him 2 more games + another giftcard, the -$25 is from pricematching as mentioned in the first post

edit: to clarify it looks wonky on the receipt I think that's what confused you, it did -$25 on both games but then did a +$50 for the giftcard itself

#22 Adhiman  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

sounds to me like he just started another transaction with the price match and used the $50 giftcard towards it, which netted him 2 more games + another giftcard, the -$25 is from pricematching as mentioned in the first post

Oh ok that makes sense. So could you hypothetically do this more than once? I don’t shop at Target often but this seems extremely exploitable.

#23 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

Oh ok that makes sense. So could you hypothetically do this more than once? I don’t shop at Target often but this seems extremely exploitable.

It was being exploited heavily last night from posts I saw, you could probably get away with it if the employee doesn't give a shit, a manager might try to shoot you down though I would imagine if you were sitting there just looping all their games away

#24 Adhiman  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

It was being exploited heavily last night from posts I saw, you could probably get away with it if the employee doesn't give a shit, a manager might try to shoot you down though I would imagine if you were sitting there just looping all their games away

Lmao I might try this after work.

As an FYI to everyone, Battlefield V is also $30 at Walmart.

#25 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Would be a good time to get those $2 coke Target giftcards emailed but probably wont get those til this deal is over. :/

#26 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

Also a good opportunity to buy pictionary

#27 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Adam - did you have to tell them about the $50 gift card promo or did it automatically apply when you purchased the 2 games together?

I think it just auto applys if applicable skus are being rang up

#28 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

I think it just auto applys if applicable skus are being rang up

Yeah I was hoping that. Would seem to make it easier to get the deal. I might have to give it a shot

#29 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Coyotezeye - I did not tell them about the gift card. The guy price matched, and then handed me the gift card.

Adhiman - I did not use the gift card in the same transaction (I didn't use it at all). Ignore the receipt - it is rung up that way so that if I tried to return the games, they would only give me $4.00 each as a refund. I actually wonder if I could have used the gift card in the same transaction, I didn't think of that - haha.

What I said in my original post is:

- Purchase the x2 games with price match and get a $50 gift card for a total price of $58.

- Do another transaction using the gift card (you can only do this promo once per transaction according to my screenshot) and your total owed will be $8 for the x2 games after you use the $50 gift card. You will then be given another $50 gift card.

- Continue the above as many times as you want.

#30 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

If people start trying to do this 10 times in a store it's gonna shut down so hilariously fast.