- - - - -

Buy 2 Select Videogames get $50 Gift Card at Target

#31 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:57 PM

If people start trying to do this 10 times in a store it's gonna shut down so hilariously fast.

If it hits Slickdeals it's over

#32 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

I went to my store nearby, card auto applied had no problems, guy wasn't willing to do more than two sales though

#33 Adhiman  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:07 PM

I went to my store nearby, card auto applied had no problems, guy wasn't willing to do more than two sales though

I’m wondering if a person could make it seem less calculated and just be like “oh could I actually use this gift card to buy 2 more games?” If they would let you.

#34 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

I’m wondering if a person could make it seem less calculated and just be like “oh could I actually use this gift card to buy 2 more games?” If they would let you.

I'd suggest getting an employee that has been there a bit, new employees seem very wary about doing it

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14383 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Well, looks like there's a Target trip in my future! :-

#36 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

Got two more

#37 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:59 PM

Tried this at lunch just for giggles and the rep looked at me like I was insane and denied the first price match/gc combo. Good job getting in on this for anyone who can, it's an epic deal.

#38 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

Can you do this online?

#39 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Jhingles - I would have had him show you where in their policies it says you can't do it, since it does not say anywhere that it can't be done

Freeze Time - I guess you could try with a target.com chat rep - choose a topic and after you do that, a "Chat Now" button should appear: https://contactus.ta...ery=search help

#40 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

Can you do this online?

I've seen reports that you may be able to get a rep to price match, the manager I talked to said since the POS was offering it with the pm that she'd honor it, but would only pm one copy of each game and they had been hot hard by Christmas shoppers already

#41 Endangered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Went to Target in Crystal Lake IL, guy in electronics told me he couldnt do price match and to take the games to customer service. They seemed to know what was up and said they could either do one or the other, price match or give the gift card. Didnt argue, left to the next target in Algonquin IL (10 min away).

Guy in electronics said due to holiday season they are only price matching target.com. That I argued with and said that wasnt a true policy, he left to check with customer service and returned apologizing. He scanned BFV and Farcry 5, price matched from $60 each to $29 and $25 respectively. For a brief 5 seconds I hesitated putting my card in the chip reading as I was expecting a popup on his end to tell him to load a gift card. Right as I was about to chime in and ask about the gift card his register notified him.

Ended up with BFV, Farcry 5 and a $50 target card for $55.19

Dont see myself going for 2 more as these were really the only 2 I was interested in and dont feel like flipping. Will use the gift card for xmas gifts.

#42 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1812 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

So is the gift card automatic? Is is possible to end up without a gift card if you play it dumb and don't ask for it?

#43 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

I just ordered both Far Cry for PS4 and for Xbox One online and got price matched no problem.  The GC shows up automatically in your order. I am going to go pick these up at the store and then try this again while I'm there as I chose in store pickup. Far Cry is the cheapest game to get with this price match.

#44 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14528 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

It's YMMV of whether or not you have the desire to/have the verbal ability to trick/pressure the employee into violating their store policy and getting them in trouble. 

https://corporate.ta...with-confidence

Exclusions:

Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers, Registry completion coupons and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match.

I would just go in with the understanding that a majority of employees will be ignorant to this information and would price match without question, then see the $50 gift card pop up. If not, you simply cancel the sale or return the items at CS.

The only downside to this deal for me is that the selection is so limited. I don't bother flipping, and there's nothing I want.

#45 Endangered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

So is the gift card automatic? Is is possible to end up without a gift card if you play it dumb and don't ask for it?

The system automatically tells them to give you the gift card if you buy 2 of the games listed, even if they price match. If they tell you they cant do it its because they are choosing to not do it not because the system wont allow them to.

#46 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

Far Cry and Battlefield 5 can easily be sold and or traded.  People LOVE LOVE LOVE killing and violence. The sports games might be tougher to sell or trade but since Far Cry is $24.99 at Walmart, it's the best deal. My total came out to $53.03 so that's an awesome score for sure.

#47 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:21 PM

I would just go in with the understanding that a majority of employees will be ignorant to this information and would price match without question, then see the $50 gift card pop up. If not, you simply cancel the sale or return the items at CS.

The only downside to this deal for me is that the selection is so limited. I don't bother flipping, and there's nothing I want.

the second store I went to was OOS of a *crap* ton of games cuz of the holidays, almost every switch game they had was down to a display copy only, not sure what the hell was going on with them being so short stocked even with the holidays

Main vibe I got at the stores was that they seem to have seasonal employees on hand who are very wary of doing anything that looks questionable because they don't want to get in trouble for goofing up

#48 Spartansaint89  

Spartansaint89

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:21 PM

Same here picked up mario rappids and fry cry 5. Priced match both from gamestop for $24.99 each. And got gift card so games are basically free lol

#49 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

Same here picked up mario rappids and fry cry 5. Priced match both from gamestop for $24.99 each. And got gift card so games are basically free lol

Oh crap. Mario Rabbids is also $24.99?  Do we have a list of all the games that are cheaper elsewhere? I would have gotten Rabbids if I'd known.  Time to make another purchase.

#50 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Oh crap. Mario Rabbids is also $24.99?  Do we have a list of all the games that are cheaper elsewhere? I would have gotten Rabbids if I'd known.  Time to make another purchase.

Almost every game in the OP is cheaper elsewhere, Target is charging full msrp

#51 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

Almost every game in the OP is cheaper elsewhere, Target is charging full msrp

I meant as cheap as $24.99 like FarCry and Rabbids are. I will do a quick search of all the games.

#52 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3721 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Might have to give this a try with Odyssey and Madden 19 (for my nephew who wants it for Christmas). Bought both for $27 at Gamestop on Black Friday, both are $29 on walmart.com (and $29.99 on Gamestop.com) right now. Getting them for same price with a $50 gift card sure beats the BF deal which I can still return. 

#53 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

I updated the OP with gamestop links for all the games for easier price matching

#54 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

Might have to give this a try with Odyssey and Madden 19 (for my nephew who wants it for Christmas). Bought both for $27 at Gamestop on Black Friday, both are $29 on walmart.com (and $29.99 on Gamestop.com) right now. Getting them for same price with a $50 gift card sure beats the BF deal which I can still return. 

I'm seeing $39 for Odyssey.

#55 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

I meant as cheap as $24.99 like FarCry and Rabbids are. I will do a quick search of all the games.

refresh OP, added gamestop prices

#56 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

refresh OP, added gamestop prices

Sweet thanks. I'm getting Hasbro Game night and Mario Rabbids PM right now.

#57 mojoaoe  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

Dam my target wouldn’t pricemqtch GameStop.

#58 Jurai  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

deal has been up for awhile, wouldn't be surprised if many stores already got hit and stopped doing it or corporate sent a memo of some kind out

#59 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

Dam my target wouldn’t pricemqtch GameStop.

Why not?  https://corporate.ta...etitor-List.pdf

That's from their website. They PM gamestop.  I just did it with Rabbids and Hasbro Game night. I placed the order online.

#60 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

deal has been up for awhile, wouldn't be surprised if many stores already got hit and stopped doing it or corporate sent a memo of some kind out

Well, my latest order went through no problem.  I did get charged $14 too much though as the CS person on Target.com messed up and forgot to adjust the tax but I just got off the phone and they fixed the mistake.  I am tempted to buy even more games when I go to the store.  This is such a great deal.