- - - - -

Buy 2 Select Videogames get $50 Gift Card at Target

#211 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:55 AM

Perhaps I am...i can’t tell if that was an incredibly astute observation or lame attempt at sarcasm ... regardless cheers!

Oops. I quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote phantomphoenix. There was nothing wrong with your posts. My bad.

#212 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14388 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:42 AM

I'D LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE, AGAIN. Lol, was able to pick up 2 copies of Ass Creed at the same Target I hit yesterday, and the same manager who okayed it was there and even guided one of the new guys on what to do. Wish all managers were this chill, I should really buy him a beer. Feeling the high from scoring the deal again, I decided to revisit our local Target armed with the knowledge that they can't remove the GC to get two copies of BFV.

The same person was there from yesterday and I explained I'd just like to get a price match on two copies without the GC. They seemed happy to help this time, but I assume it was because there wasn't any explanation/confrontation required over the deal. They grabbed the games and started ringing me up then explained they weren't able to do the PM themselves, but a manager could for me. So they called them over, turned the transaction over to them, and then walked away. The manager confirmed the price to match, then totaled it up and stated that I'd be getting a GC as well since I qualified. I had to fight every ounce of me not to burst out laughing and just smiled saying "oh, awesome!" After all the grief they gave me yesterday, it's amazing how just getting the right person makes all the difference.

Overall, did the deal four times and paid $40 for eight games. Feelsgood.jpg

#213 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11362 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

Simple & Easy.  Before you walk inside the Electronic Department look who's the Cashier  at Customer Service (New Employees is very easy). Pick up 3 games with you (2 games is your Price match & One is sale price or clearance price).  Get your Gamestop, Bestbuy or Walmart link ready.  Hand the cashier the 1st game (price match) 2nd game not price match and 3rd game is Price match.  You get the Games, Gift Card and Get out the Door less than 5 minutes.

#214 mojoaoe  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:09 PM

Simple & Easy. Before you walk inside the Electronic Department look who's the Cashier at Customer Service (New Employees is very easy). Pick up 3 games with you (2 games is your Price match & One is sale price or clearance price). Get your Gamestop, Bestbuy or Walmart link ready. Hand the cashier the 1st game (price match) 2nd game not price match and 3rd game is Price match. You get the Games, Gift Card and Get out the Door less than 5 minutes.

Or just do two of the games, some places really don’t care tbh. Dude last night let me get 8 games. He gets the sales so was happy. This is probably the best cag deal I’ve had since I got a free tv flipping stuff at gs. Thanks op!

#215 RienBoyle72   Gamer on a budget CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

RienBoyle72

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

Assuming this is dead?

#216 Jurai  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Assuming this is dead?

I believe the gift card promo ended last night

#217 RienBoyle72   Gamer on a budget CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

RienBoyle72

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

I believe the gift card promo ended last night

Yeah, just tried it. Thanks for the response!

#218 SombraCMLL  

SombraCMLL

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:44 PM

I was hoping to give this a try. Guess it's dead now. Oh well. Thanks OP

#219 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

Went back to talk to customer service about not getting the gift card with the two games I price matched. Manager reviewed the tape and I explained how the dude scanned the gift card n put $50 in it but didn’t give it to me. Told me the gift card was destroyed by the employee but gave me a new gift card anyway.

#220 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

Went back to talk to customer service about not getting the gift card with the two games I price matched. Manager reviewed the tape and I explained how the dude scanned the gift card n put $50 in it but didn’t give it to me. Told me the gift card was destroyed by the employee but gave me a new gift card anyway.

If they employee didn’t want you get the gift card and price match he should have made you purchase the games separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#221 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14388 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:20 PM

Hopefully they fired the asshole too. Glad it worked out for you in the end though!

#222 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

Was able to do this deal twice at the local Targets yesterday before closing. I have 2 Targets in town and they are literally right across the freeway, 1-2 miles away from each other. I didn't want to raise any eyebrows, so I bought them sparingly at each store. Store 1 BF V + AC odd, Store 2 Madden 19 + FIfa 19. Guy in electronics said, "Oh wow looks like you also get a $50 gift card after your price matching" 

The receipt shows the games as under $10 each haha. $120 for 4 games with a 100 gift card is not too shabby at all!

#223 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14388 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

Was able to do this deal twice at the local Targets yesterday before closing. I have 2 Targets in town and they are literally right across the freeway, 1-2 miles away from each other. I didn't want to raise any eyebrows, so I bought them sparingly at each store. Store 1 BF V + AC odd, Store 2 Madden 19 + FIfa 19. Guy in electronics said, "Oh wow looks like you also get a $50 gift card after your price matching" 

The receipt shows the games as under $10 each haha. $120 for 4 games with a 100 gift card is not too shabby at all!

Why didn't you pay for the second transaction with the $50 GC?

source.gif

#224 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:36 PM

Why didn't you pay for the second transaction with the $50 GC?

The gift cards are going to be gifts, ever thought about that? It's not like I lost any money.