* * * * - 3 votes

Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro Preorder - GS Exclusive

#181 chris916   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Everybody (including me) seems to complain about GameStop putting these limited consoles (KH3 and 500M) in bundles, but the funny thing is that the KH3 bundle is a great deal this time. "the story so far" is selling for double the retail price on eBay because it's almost sold out (at least it is in Southern California), and the Funko box is going for a bit higher than retail on eBay as well.

I didnt realize the story so far was rare too. Just got my bundle in the mail and the funko box and game are both opened (no plastic wrap) is that normal? To avoid returns/flipping? Just weird and reminds me of their gutted “new” games they try to sell in-stores a lot.

I already have the game and was gonna ebay it as new but now cant. Kind of sucks. Also very strrange that people are buying the box on ebay for $50 when it’s available on gamestop.com for $22 (even though they charged us $29.99 in the bundle) in-stock

#182 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

Just got my bundle in the mail and the funko box and game are both opened (no plastic wrap) is that normal? To avoid returns/flipping? Just weird and reminds me of their gutted “new” games they try to sell in-stores a lot.

That's lame the game is gutted. I was planning on selling our returning and buying the all-in one digitally. It looks like you can still get $60 for used on eBay (vs $40 retail).

#183 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

Was ‘the story so caf’ supposed to be limited? I picked it up last week and noticed no one really sells it anymore.

#184 Jurai  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

Was ‘the story so caf’ supposed to be limited? I picked it up last week and noticed no one really sells it anymore.

It's just a compilation of the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 releases right

#185 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Yes. Nothing new or special. It seems it was a one time shipment, no idea why.

#186 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Yeah. But $40 for a 2 disc compilation was a good deal if you wanted to catch up on the series.

#187 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

Yeah. But $40 for a 2 disc compilation was a good deal if you wanted to catch up on the series.

I guess... the first compilation and 2.8 were $20 each anyway, so no real savings. I'd prefer to have them separate.

#188 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

24K points hit my GS account for the PS4 Pro purchase since it’s 2x points. Nice to see 👍🏼

#189 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

24K points hit my GS account for the PS4 Pro purchase since it’s 2x points. Nice to see 👍🏼

Nice! 28.2K for the bundle.

#190 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

It seems the deluxe edition of KH3 is massively overproduced. Wish it was more limited. Debating on keeping my preorder or just canceling it and waiting for it to drop half price.

#191 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

It seems the deluxe edition of KH3 is massively overproduced. Wish it was more limited. Debating on keeping my preorder or just canceling it and waiting for it to drop half price.

That's not too surprising as this was a long waited game so I'm sure they would rather over then under produce.  Also wasn't the majority of Kingdom Heart games overproduced. 

#192 syndragore  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

My copy of The Story So Far also came without shrinkwrap and with the case cracked. Pretty lame

#193 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

I'm thinking of skipping my preorder of the deluxe edition as well...$87.59 after tax. With my backlog I could wait until Black Friday and probably pay $21.89 after tax.

So is the 10 months, Steelbook, pin, artbook and pre-order poster worth $65.70?

#194 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Idk about that since it’s either out of stock or low stock at all best buys near me. Couldn’t even get my pre order n got an email saying it’s out of stock. Talked to an employee at bestbuy saying the truck is arriving tonight so they’ll probably have one for me tomorrow. Fingers crossed

#195 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8321 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

I really want this and was totally planning on keeping it... but it's essentially a matter of how much is the special edition controller and console are worth to me. Definitely not worth losing out on $300+ in profit. That being said, if I were to sell it there's no way I would sell it on ebay as it's not worth dealing with scammers on there. Even on facebook/craigslist, I know I would get plenty of butthurt people threatening/insulting/trolling me, so dunno if it's worth it.

It's not worth it to sell locally. There's a 500-Million Pro listed around me for $900. It's been sitting there for almost a month. You should see the comments. Basically asking to get robbed because there's so many scammers. Good luck if you try to sell it locally.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#196 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Who cares?  Aren't you the guy constantly bitching about scalpers and resellers?  Producing a sufficient quantity kills that secondary market and may even result in some people picking it up at a significant discount down the road.  That's a win-win for everyone.

#197 notung   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

Anyone get their Pro yet? If so, how was it shipped—i.e., was there a proper shipping box, packing, etc.

#198 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Anyone get their Pro yet? If so, how was it shipped—i.e., was there a proper shipping box, packing, etc.

Just got mine. It came in a proper box that fit the console snugly with no packing materials. Mine looks to be in perfect condition.

Edit - I'm pretty shocked it came in today. The est delivery was tomorrow

#199 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

Idk about that since it’s either out of stock or low stock at all best buys near me. Couldn’t even get my pre order n got an email saying it’s out of stock. Talked to an employee at bestbuy saying the truck is arriving tonight so they’ll probably have one for me tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Best buy stock near me is low, too; but, there's plenty at GameStops, Target's, and Walmarts.

#200 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1475 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

It's back in stock on Amazon.jp. It cost me $520. Not bad especially how rare it is. Does it come with the game?

https://www.amazon.c...rd_i=B07DNHMFWR

#201 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Wasn't really too much packaging, but at least the box wasn't overly big (i.e. it would have been bouncing around).

It's not worth it to sell locally. There's a 500-Million Pro listed around me for $900. It's been sitting there for almost a month. You should see the comments. Basically asking to get robbed because there's so many scammers. Good luck if you try to sell it locally.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The last thing I tried to flip locally was the Mario themed new 3ds that was available Black Friday 2016. Got some real nice people texting me. Haven't flipped anything since. Will just sell it used when the PS5 comes out (if it's actually backwards compatible). Most people are crazy, so don't think it's worth it either.

#202 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

I'm thinking of skipping my preorder of the deluxe edition as well...$87.59 after tax. With my backlog I could wait until Black Friday and probably pay $21.89 after tax.

So is the 10 months, Steelbook, pin, artbook and pre-order poster worth $65.70?

The only reason I jumped on it right now was with best buy GCU and the $10 extra back. I'll keep it sealed for now since I have six weeks to return/price adjust if need be.

That may be your store screwing up. It's plentifully available from best buy's website and at every gamestop store.

Who cares?  Aren't you the guy constantly bitching about scalpers and resellers?  Producing a sufficient quantity kills that secondary market and may even result in some people picking it up at a significant discount down the road.  That's a win-win for everyone.

I agree. I'm just making a point in that it's called the deluxe edition, so it probably isn't limited. I do want my 'collector's editions' more limited though, as then what's the point of collecting if an item is massively produced. I think this is price to high though. Sekiro is $90 and includes a lot of physical items. This steelbook/artwork should have been a pre-order elusive or day one edition at the same price.

#203 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

That may be your store screwing up. It's plentifully available from best buy's website and at every gamestop store.

Almost every BBY in LA and OC counties in California shows earliest pickup is February 7th. The supply chain at Best buy is truly f'd.

#204 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

Almost every BBY in LA and OC counties in California shows earliest pickup is February 7th. The supply chain at Best buy is truly f'd.

Ships immediately from Best Buy and in store pick up available at all stores within 100 miles from me by Feb 2.

#205 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

I agree. I'm just making a point in that it's called the deluxe edition, so it probably isn't limited. I do want my 'collector's editions' more limited though, as then what's the point of collecting if an item is massively produced. I think this is price to high though. Sekiro is $90 and includes a lot of physical items. This steelbook/artwork should have been a pre-order elusive or day one edition at the same price.

I mean Sekiro is also one of the top 5 deals I've probably ever seen all time in a CE. Holding anything else up to that is pretty silly, getting a statue, a steelbook, an artbook, and a letter opener for $90 is absurd.

#206 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

I mean Sekiro is also one of the top 5 deals I've probably ever seen all time in a CE. Holding anything else up to that is pretty silly, getting a statue, a steelbook, an artbook, and a letter opener for $90 is absurd.

I preordered it day one before the letter opener existed and did think it was a good deal. I'm just hoping, though I am expecting, the statue to come out like the Marvel vs Capcom egg fiasco, or Fallout 76 nylon bag.

#207 JokerCard   Go,go Gadget Cheapskates! CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

JokerCard

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

To anyone that got the console and opened it... Is the theme and keyblade a code in the Standard game, on a separate sheet of paper or already preloaded in the console?

#208 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:50 AM

To anyone that got the console and opened it... Is the theme and keyblade a code in the Standard game, on a separate sheet of paper or already preloaded in the console?

It's inside the gamecase

#209 JokerCard   Go,go Gadget Cheapskates! CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

JokerCard

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

It's inside the gamecase

Thanks! Needed to know before I sell off the game in my Deluxe edition.

#210 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4521 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:03 AM

Thanks! Needed to know before I sell off the game in my Deluxe edition.

I presume the console edition comes with the game in a plastic case. That irks me to no end, got the God of War PS4 Pro and no steelbook inside. The only way to get that at the time was to buy a second copy, and only in the collectors edition at $150. Still don't have that steelbook to this day.