Assassins Creed Odyssey 29.99/23.99 GCU BB DOTD

It won't work by pm any store....as the gift card won't kick in unless it sees full price on both games...a friend on mine at Target's is pretty sure about it...so just in case I'm buying this one regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the backlog I have I will wait. Since there is no new entry coming out next year who knows maybe we will get a collection with both origins and Odyssey with all the dlc

So why even comment about it, it sounds like you are pretty unsure about not increasing you backlog....or perhaps no longer having CGU?

It won't work by pm any store....as the gift card won't kick in unless it sees full price on both games...a friend on mine at Target's is pretty sure about it...so just in case I'm buying this one regardless.
Your friend is dead wrong. That's not how target gift card deals work at all and never has been. Once you get the price match you're golden. The register will prompt the gift card assuming you are buying the correct item and at that point its completely out of the employee's hands. I've done it for years. The only issue is getting the price match as the employee might know what you're up to ahead of time and shoot you down

John718, what you said is a total lie. I bought two games from target today priced match both (far cry 5 and mario rappids) $24.99 each and got my $50 giftcard. Please see target post it has worked for may people.

Wow! The prices keep falling. I gave into the black ops 4 sale. May trade that in and get this instead.

Bought from BB for $30 on BF. Will try to price adjust $6 back for gcu.

-Update- Refunded the difference through online chat.

Just a heads up, if you love AC and Origins, you may very well hate Odyssey. As one of the biggest AC fans today, I fully believe Odyssey is pure trash. I got the gold edition on 10/2, played over 20 hours during launch week, and have never touched then game in over two months.

In its current form, Odyssey is broken. Enemy scaling is forced, meaning you can never get ahead. You cannot one shot assassinate or shoot an arrow in the head of an enemy and kill them in one shot. Every fight is a free for all button mash. Over on the official AC forums, the biggest thread is over 1,000 comments long where 90% of the community has voted for Ubisoft to forced enemy scaling.

Just a heads up, if you love AC and Origins, you may very well hate Odyssey. As one for he biggest AC fans today, I fully believe Odyssey is pure trash. I got the gold edition on 10/2, played over 20 hours during launch week, and have never touched then game in over two months.

In its current form, Odyssey is broken. Enemy scaling is forced, meaning you can never get ahead. You cannot one shot assassinate or shoot an arrow in the head of an enemy and kill them in one shot. Every fight is a free for all button mash. Over on the official AC forums, the biggest thread is over 1,000 comments long where 90% of the community has voted for Ubisoft to forced enemy scaling.
LOL..you are like the only person Ive read say this. Its almost universally praised and it doesnt have a reputation out there for being broken. Most argue that its the best AC of all time and they've refined everything since Origins. Your situation sounds more like an isolated case

Just a heads up, if you love AC and Origins, you may very well hate Odyssey. As one for he biggest AC fans today, I fully believe Odyssey is pure trash. I got the gold edition on 10/2, played over 20 hours during launch week, and have never touched then game in over two months.

I just figured I can wait on this and checkout Origins! I want to see Egypt and check out the doc attached. I’ll get Odyssey when I can get it priced down below $20.

AC has been dead to me since they've changed it to this open world tripe.

I prefer having set pieces to orchestrate assassinations. Similar to HITMAN, but it's own identity.

Now it's just open world casual crap.

LOL..you are like the only person Ive read say this. Its almost universally praised and it doesnt have a reputation out there for being broken. Most argue that its the best AC of all time and they've refined everything since Origins. Your situation sounds more like an isolated case
Isolated? Search “odyssey level scaling” and you’ll find countless posts all over the web. Perhaps you missed the part where I stated the fact that there are posts in the thousands on the official AC forums where 90% of the community there wants forced level scaling optional.

I appreciate that you have an opinion and you're very emotional about it, but throwing around random made up statistics like "90 percent of the community" just makes you sound kind of...uneducated. Keep in mind most people who go on a forum to complain...are there to complain. So, that "90 percent" are people who decided to go to reddit or ubi forums and commiserate about an issue they have.

Disclaimer: I haven't played any assassins creed games in years, nor do I care to. I'm Just trying to help you improve your conversation and persuasion skill.

I havent played origins or Odyssey yet.. but the “option” he is talking about, id support.
But on the other hand... they are keeping the game challenging by not being able to grind to a high level that 1 shots bosses. Which i can also support.

With all the high praise ive seen of the games, origins/odyssey, i just have never heard this complaint... and to be fair, official forums tend to draw the elite fanatics that are extremely vocal abiut how “their” game has been ruined etc, the regular players tend to just play the game. Or quit playing and move on to something else if thats the case.

I appreciate that you have an opinion and you're very emotional about it, but throwing around random made up statistics like "90 percent of the community" just makes you sound kind of...uneducated. Keep in mind most people who go on a forum to complain...are there to complain. So, that "90 percent" are people who decided to go to reddit or ubi forums and commiserate about an issue they have.

Disclaimer: I haven't played any assassins creed games in years, nor do I care to. I'm Just trying to help you improve your conversation and persuasion skill.

Thank you for the advice.

Over the past decade I have 100%/platinumed every AC game. I own the comics, statues, novels, high end art... even Adidas AC shoes. I lived, breathed, and slept AC. When Origins came out after a two year break (which was needed), it was amazing. I platinumed that as well as all of the DLC with about 135 hours of gameplay. Level scaling was optional and not default.

Then came Odyssey. It's basically Origins 2.0 since Odyssey is based on Origins code. This time around is different though... level scaling is forced by default and no longer a choice. Stealth and assassination are no longer possible. Now you have different builds such as hunter and warrior, where you use super saiyan powers to fight enemies. You can't even die from fall damage, you can jump a thousand meters and land as if you were a god!

AC is my favorite modern day series, it's the ONE series I look forward to playing with each iteration. So to see it bastardized with mandatory level scaling, to have options removed that were there in the past, and to entirely change the base gameplay from stealth to that of an action RPG, it upsets me.

Thank you for the advice.

Over the past decade I have 100%/platinumed every AC game. I own the comics, statues, novels, high end art... even Adidas AC shoes. I lived, breathed, and slept AC. When Origins came out after a two year break (which was needed), it was amazing. I platinumed that as well as all of the DLC with about 135 hours of gameplay. Level scaling was optional and not default.

Then came Odyssey. It's basically Origins 2.0 since Odyssey is based on Origins code. This time around is different though... level scaling is forced by default and no longer a choice. Stealth and assassination are no longer possible. Now you have different builds such as hunter and warrior, where you use super saiyan powers to fight enemies. You can't even die from fall damage, you can jump a thousand meters and land as if you were a god!

AC is my favorite modern day series, it's the ONE series I look forward to playing with each iteration. So to see it bastardized with mandatory level scaling, to have options removed that were there in the past, and to entirely change the base gameplay from stealth to that of an action RPG, it upsets me.
I felt kind of the same way as you and I agree the level scaling is bullshit. Once you upgrade your abilties you can usually stealth kill regular enemies 1 or 2 levels ahead. Stronger enemies sometimes require a few hits after stealth attack. Upgrade the one that gives you 200% then 300% on stealth kill. Once I hit level 20(or before) its been pretty easy since. Also use fire and poison on enemies when you have to fight helps a lot.

I think the worst addition is mercenaries. Basically a pathetic attempt at trying to copy the terrible Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor\War. Having to slash someone 100 times is just bad design. Not to mention clearing a fortress when 2 or 3 just show up.

bread's done
Back