Target: BOGO on selected Video games

Hmm considering Resident Evil and LEGO Jurassic World. Might see what PS Store has with the next batch of games to go on sale tomorrow however. 

Whoa, stocked up on those $2 Target codes from Coke last week. Looks like I'll be getting Doom and Lego Jurassic Park for little over five out of pocket. Noice.

Damn any of this stuff worth flipping for credit at Gamestop? I have all of the games I'd want here already.

Be sure you can't still get RE gold edition for the 9.98 clearance price first.
I didn’t see any store listed with that low of a price. I did pick up LEGO Jurassic world last year for $6 on clearance. Then after the cycle they raised it back up to a generic game $19.99 price.

No, it isn't rude. This is CAG, not a website for you to profit from.
Jeez, dude. Have you been in half the threads on this board? CAGs are constantly looking for ways to flip games for credit at Gamestop. I can understand getting salty about someone buying a bunch of CEs or something to flip on eBay, but no one is going to make a ton of money on buying games on this B1G1 sale at Target.

Also, I am well aware of what CAG is, looks like I have been around just as long as you have.

Uhhh..... rude much?

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me. Too bad Gamestop isn't running any bonus trade % deals right now though, would love to get some credit built up for some stuff coming out early 2019.
Don't let him/her get to you. There are rude people all over. Maybe they work for Target and don't like when people get deals. Maybe their mother didn't hug them enough. Maybe the guy in the park had a present in his pants. You'd think on a webiste named cheapassgamer that everyone here would want to get the games as cheap as possible but that's clearly not the case.

Don't let him/her get to you. There are rude people all over. Maybe they work for Target and don't like when people get deals. Maybe their mother didn't hug them enough. Maybe the guy in the park had a present in his pants. You'd think on a webiste named cheapassgamer that everyone here would want to get the games as cheap as possible but that's clearly not the case.
This person is definitely not getting to me. I just find it funny how they felt the need to chime in the way they did. One of the fondest memories I have from the early days of CAG was the Circuit City clearance sales and everyone was all about flipping those games, which proved to be pretty lucrative.

Be sure you can't still get RE gold edition for the 9.98 clearance price first.
Curious if this worked for anyone. I went to store and found a copy for $9 but they only had 1. The other games were all $20 so not worth it at all. I also got Burnout Paradise Remastered for $6, which was nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rude? Taking away product from real customers/gamers is rude. I'm just not fond of flipping, it's essentially reselling.

Rude? Taking away product from real customers/gamers is rude. I'm just not fond of flipping, it's essentially reselling.
We are real customers and gamers? Buying a game and trading it to Gamestop or somewhere else is not reselling. Reselling would be intentionally buying multiples of an item that is produced in limited quantities with the sole purpose of profiting on it at a higher than retail price.

With your logic, someone going to a garage sale and buying a handful of games for cheap and turning around to trade them at Gamestop would be essentially reselling.

In case it hasn't been noted this does not apply in store.  I found two copies of Lego Force Awakens for $6 and bought both hoping it would be B1G1 but they weren't. They wouldn't match them as the deal specifically states online only (pick up or online). Online price is like $50 so much much cheaper to just buy the clearance price in store. 

In case it hasn't been noted this does not apply in store. I found two copies of Lego Force Awakens for $6 and bought both hoping it would be B1G1 but they weren't. They wouldn't match them as the deal specifically states online only (pick up or online). Online price is like $50 so much much cheaper to just buy the clearance price in store.
I haven't see where it says it's online only... I only saw that they said it didn't apply to clearance items

We are real customers and gamers? Buying a game and trading it to Gamestop or somewhere else is not reselling. Reselling would be intentionally buying multiples of an item that is produced in limited quantities with the sole purpose of profiting on it at a higher than retail price.

With your logic, someone going to a garage sale and buying a handful of games for cheap and turning around to trade them at Gamestop would be essentially reselling.
Logic and Romeo don’t go together though. 🤔

theres a reason these games are buy 1 get 1. Its because they are trying to clear stock of older games. This is obvious by there being 360 games as part of the deal. No one is going to rush and buy these.

go whine in a different topic.

Great job buddy, proud of you.
Thanks, man!

But I talked myself out of it while I had it sitting in my cart.

Decided to wait on a Solo bluray sale instead. Walmart were a bunch of lame-o's and didn't offer digital copies with their stock which made it scarce on the trading market.

Is that a good enough quote lacking self-awareness you can take back to the boards or should I ramp up the sad factor a bit more?

If I'm buying a product, I am a real customer. lulz, do you really think that because someone isn't playing it that they aren't real customers. Shit, I can buy a game right now and throw it in the toilet and still be a real customer. Stop it.

If you hate reselling so much, you should probably buy directly from distributors / manufacturers because every store you go to is a reseller.

Thanks, man!

But I talked myself out of it while I had it sitting in my cart.

Decided to wait on a Solo bluray sale instead. Walmart were a bunch of lame-o's and didn't offer digital copies with their stock which made it scarce on the trading market.

Is that a good enough quote lacking self-awareness you can take back to the boards or should I ramp up the sad factor a bit more?
You have failed me yet again.

Also, I haven't posted on ngr in years and don't even know where it's hosted at!!!!

bread's done
Back