Grand Theft Auto V free after Amazon Credit with Twitch Prime

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Today only Amazon is offering GTA V for 14.99 but if you have twitch prime you will get a $15 credit back in a week or so.

Here are terms from Amazon:

Terms and Conditions
• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 19, 2018.
• Offer is limited to the following versions of Grand Theft Auto V:
o PlayStation 4 standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard digital code edition
• Offer only applies to Grand Theft Auto V sold on Amazon.com by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product or content detail page). Products and digital content sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
• Limited quantity available.
• Offer is limited to U.S. only.
• Offer limited to one per customer and account.
• Offer may not be combined with other offers.
• The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
• This offer is available to Twitch Prime members only.
• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
• Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) January 31, 2019.
• Promotional credit only applies to all Amazon items shipped and sold via Amazon.com
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

Link: Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One [Digital Code] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WY2G178/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.lLgCbFX0AR6S

I hate how confused I am about this.
For people with Twitch Prime (comes free with Amazon Prime membership, make sure to link your Twitch and Amazon Prime accounts first), then if you buy GTA V from Amazon for $14.99 today only (12/19), they will send you $15 credit a week later. It's not the same as getting the game for free, but if you were going to buy something soon from Amazon anyway, it can be thought of as free (though you pay the tax).

I already have GTA V for PS4, don't have anyone who could use a copy, and don't feel like reselling it afterwards, so I'll pass. -Update- Went ahead and did it. I'll use the credit on PSN money or something. Net cost for the game will be $1.05 for the tax. I'll figure out something to do with this extra copy.

:ps4: GTA V physical: https://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PlayStation-4/dp/B00KVSQ848/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Diijtal.  I have physical copy on PS4, but was planning to get it for X1 sometime as well.  This is as good chance to get it as any.  Even if Amazon screws up and I ended up not getting promo credit, $15 is not a bad price.

For people with Twitch Prime (comes free with Amazon Prime membership, make sure to link your Twitch and Amazon Prime accounts first), then if you buy GTA V from Amazon for $14.99 today only (12/19), they will send you $15 credit a week later. It's not the same as getting the game for free, but if you were going to buy something soon from Amazon anyway, it can be thought of as free (though you pay the tax).

I already have GTA V for PS4, don't have anyone who could use a copy, and don't feel like reselling it afterwards, so I'll pass.

:ps4: GTA V physical: https://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PlayStation-4/dp/B00KVSQ848/
Do a giveaway on here!

Lol, that was fast. 

Edit: Physical copies work as well for those who were confused like I was.

This is an... odd promotion, but I gave it a shot.  In for a physical PS4 version.  $15.82 total with tax + $1 No-Rush Shipping digital item credit.

I bought the digital XBO version, any idea when we receive our promotional credit?

Edit: from the terms:

You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.

I know I have twitch prime since I use it to sub, but still clicked through the Amazon Twitch Prime page just in case. Then logged into twitch and ordered using the link on the Prime Loot icon.

Already have it on PS4, finished it, and my wife loves playing it. Picked it up on the Xbox. Might keep it to see if it ever gets a 4k patch for the X, or might gift it. Easy pick up for $1.

Shipping kills it

...but still bought one.

Also, if you didn't realize you have Twitch Prime via having Amazon Prime, you're missing out because you also get free digital PC games every month on Twitch Prime. 

I just signed up for Prime Student, and linked my twitch account, and got twitch prime. Am I good on ordering it since its a trial?

on another note: in 3-4 years (or maybe sooner) GTAV will be the easiest game to get at thrift stores etc. I think its the highest selling game of all time at this point? maybe still wii sports / super mario bros, cant remember.

But literally will be the easiest game to find for 2.99 haha 

This is an... odd promotion, but I gave it a shot. In for a physical PS4 version. $15.82 total with tax + $1 No-Rush Shipping digital item credit.
I did the same. Even though Amazon stopped letting us use those digital credits towards PSN credit and the like, it's still worth something (TV shows for the kids, etc.)

I went to the GTAV for PS4 page via the Twitch link. Hopefully it works because there is literally no confirmation anywhere that any promo is applied.

Note that only the primary Amazon Prime account holder is eligible for Twitch Prime. My wife has the primary Amazon account, I can share shipping benefits on my Amazon accounts, but my Amazon account cannot be linked to Twitch. I had at some point linked my wife's Amazon to my Twitch since she doesn't game, was about to check out when I realized my Amazon account would not qualify for the credit. I could use her account and then have to go into her library for the code but that is already more effort than I feel like putting in for a free copy of a game I haven't bothered to play for years.

Note that only the primary Amazon Prime account holder is eligible for Twitch Prime. My wife has the primary Amazon account, I can share shipping benefits on my Amazon accounts, but my Amazon account cannot be linked to Twitch. I had at some point linked my wife's Amazon to my Twitch since she doesn't game, was about to check out when I realized my Amazon account would not qualify for the credit. I could use her account and then have to go into her library for the code but that is already more effort than I feel like putting in for a free copy of a game I haven't bothered to play for years.
This used to be the case but they changed it at some point. I have Amazon Prime via a family member's "Amazon Household" and I was able to link my Amazon/Twitch accounts and get Twitch Prime for free.

"Prime members can share certain benefits with the other adult in their Amazon Household, including FREE Prime Shipping, Prime Video, Photos Family Vault, Twitch Prime, other digital benefits, and exclusive offers."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200444180

I got in on this. Phone app popped up a camera deal with I take a picture of an item I'm looking for an I'd get $5 off my next purchase so I took a pic of GTA V from my laptop screen and ordered the Xbox One version and got $5 off so a total of $10.76. I've never played this game before and getting $15 credit from Amazon to own it is a no brainer. I also chose the longer shipping to get $5 credit towards my next Prime now purchase. Thanks OP.

so i have amazon prime...i linked twitch to it and added twitch prime but it said something like free 30 days then 119 /year.. is that twitch primes price? im trying to cancel twitch prime but can't find the option...im reading that if you have amazon prime , then twitch prime shoud be free??..man this is confusing lol anyone have any ideas??

I already owned the physical game for Xbox 360 and PS4, so I bought the digital Xbox One version with my linked account.

so i have amazon prime...i linked twitch to it and added twitch prime but it said something like free 30 days then 119 /year.. is that twitch primes price? im trying to cancel twitch prime but can't find the option...im reading that if you have amazon prime , then twitch prime shoud be free??..man this is confusing lol anyone have any ideas??
Prime is prime. If you have Amazon Prime you get Twitch Prime for no added fees. It’s possible you’re looking at Twitch Nitro or whatever it’s called which gets you some additional features.

Just slow down and read. You can go under your “subscriptions” tab on your amazon account to find out all what you’re subscribed to.

on another note: in 3-4 years (or maybe sooner) GTAV will be the easiest game to get at thrift stores etc. I think its the highest selling game of all time at this point? maybe still wii sports / super mario bros, cant remember.

But literally will be the easiest game to find for 2.99 haha
According to Wikipedia, it's third to Tetris and Minecraft. Not a huge surprise considering those are available on way more platforms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Where/when does the credit show up? I got the digital version for Xbox. Code is in my amazon account (I haven’t redeemed it yet) but I don’t see the credit anywhere. Purchased something yesterday and the credit was not applied.

Where/when does the credit show up? I got the digital version for Xbox. Code is in my amazon account (I haven’t redeemed it yet) but I don’t see the credit anywhere. Purchased something yesterday and the credit was not applied.
Because you missed the part where they said the credit would come LATER. Right there in the OP and on the GTA V page via the twitch prime link telling you how you'd get the $15. (Within a week, and it's been 3 whole days!!!!! the horror)

• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.

I Refuse to read the OP or other posts in this thread! I Too wish to know where my credits are and I want to ignore that answer and ask again and MAYBE read that answer!

bread's done
Back