#1 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Enter win price point :beer:$41.77

https://www.amazon.c...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#2 Senusret   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Senusret

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:02 PM

Getting so close, I think 50 is my limit for this...

#3 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

There also appears to be another 5% off coupon you can apply to this from the product page.

#4 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:34 PM

$50 is my price point for this but is poor timing with all of the other great games that have been on sale. 

#5 Jurai  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Glad I bailed out of this at launch, def in below fifty

#6 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

$53

#7 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

FML!  I bought this at full price a month ago because my Gamer's Club Unlocked was expiring.   

#8 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Wonder how low this will drop.

#9 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

FML!  I bought this at full price a month ago because my Gamer's Club Unlocked was expiring.   

The best CAG remedy is to buy something else really cheap to ease the pain.

#TheBackLogLife

#10 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

FML! I bought this at full price a month ago because my Gamer's Club Unlocked was expiring.

I also bought it at release, but I have no regrets. Played it right away, and felt the tank was a very nice model.

#11 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22543 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

Fuck it, I'm in for one. 

I've been having CE regret ever since I paid $60 for the Wolfie II CE and it recently hit like $28. But whatever, I barely buy games these days and it seems like it's a solid game. I loved the first, never played 2 or 3 so I know I'll never play this... adding on to the 2000 unplayed games I have. 

#12 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

still dropping.

#13 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

Fuck it, I'm in for one. 

I've been having CE regret ever since I paid $60 for the Wolfie II CE and it recently hit like $28. But whatever, I barely buy games these days and it seems like it's a solid game. I loved the first, never played 2 or 3 so I know I'll never play this... adding on to the 2000 unplayed games I have. 

From what I read you don't need to play 2 since it takes place after. 3 takes place around the time of 1 and 4 but it never came here so unless you want to play the translation you're good to go on playing 4.

#14 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2210 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

Wish the switch version was as low as the PS4. Would really like to take this game on the go.

#15 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22543 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

From what I read you don't need to play 2 since it takes place after. 3 takes place around the time of 1 and 4 but it never came here so unless you want to play the translation you're good to go on playing 4.

I don't know why but I kept thinking it was released here... oh well. 

#16 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

50 bones now :beer:

#17 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:43 PM

O no the price is bouncing back up!

#18 hohle  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

I’m going through the game now and really enjoying it, however, it’s a bit of a missed opportunity and a knee jerk reaction to the poor reviews of Valkyria Revolution.

The gameplay is identical to the first (good) with some new units and weapons (great!) and despite being worried about getting attached to a new squad, I quickly grew to like the characters. However, i would have preferred some QoL updates: menus are slow and often have unskippable scenes when entering and exiting them (R&D, Training, etc.). They’re always the same on top of it, which gets grating, especially when you enter a menu by accident. There’s no mid-battle saves, so if you have to quit the game, you could lose 45-mins to an hour to get back to the same point in the battle. And if you forget to save after every battle and do something stupid, like hit Power Off when you meant to hit Rest Mode, there is no auto save to fall back on. Likewise there is no undo in battles, so a small mistake or hitting end turn too quickly might mean having to do the whole mission over, especially if you’re looking for a high grade. Finally, at least mid-game, there are pages and pages of story cut scenes which don’t auto play, are split at seemingly arbitrary boundaries, and can take 30 mins or more to go through between battles.

That said, the characters are great, once in a battle, things are great, and if you can get past the fact that it’s effectively the same game as VC1, it’s a lot of fun. I’m glad I opted for the MFB edition since the Hafen becomes an integral character in the game.

Edit: thelonepig is right, you can save during battle.

#19 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6604 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

I’m going through the game now and really enjoying it, however, it’s a bit of a missed opportunity and a knee jerk reaction to the poor reviews of Valkyria Revolution.

The gameplay is identical to the first (good) with some new units and weapons (great!) and despite being worried about getting attached to a new squad, I quickly grew to like the characters. However, i would have preferred some QoL updates: menus are slow and often have unskippable scenes when entering and exiting them (R&D, Training, etc.). They’re always the same on top of it, which gets grating, especially when you enter a menu by accident. There’s no mid-battle saves, so if you have to quit the game, you could lose 45-mins to an hour to get back to the same point in the battle. And if you forget to save after every battle and do something stupid, like hit Power Off when you meant to hit Rest Mode, there is no auto save to fall back on. Likewise there is no undo in battles, so a small mistake or hitting end turn too quickly might mean having to do the whole mission over, especially if you’re looking for a high grade. Finally, at least mid-game, there are pages and pages of story cut scenes which don’t auto play, are split at seemingly arbitrary boundaries, and can take 30 mins or more to go through between battles.

That said, the characters are great, once in a battle, things are great, and if you can get past the fact that it’s effectively the same game as VC1, it’s a lot of fun. I’m glad I opted for the MFB edition since the Hafen becomes an integral character in the game.

You absolutely can save mid-battle.

#20 hohle  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

You absolutely can save mid-battle.

I can’t believe I didn’t know that! I appreciate the correction. I hadn’t considered looking in Command -> System.

#21 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2270 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

Continues to pat self on back for not buying CEs made in surplus 

#22 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

Glad I didn't preorder this version.  I wanted it, but my gut told me it would end up dropping soon enough.

Grabbed it at $55, Amazon price corrected me down to $50, and had a bunch of promo credits to throw at it.

Thanks OP!

#23 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

Got it for $49 on monday. Had a 5% off coupon attached. Glad I waited. Thanks Op. 

#24 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

47 bones

#25 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:06 AM

I supported SEGA day one on this.

While I wish I paid 47 dollars instead, just remember that surplus CEs is better then "hard to find, and scalped" ones. 

If you have any interest in this game, consider picking this up. Don't make SEGA regret making too many (or at least mitigate the effect lol).

#26 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Thanks CAG

#27 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

$46

#28 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

Hopefully the Switch version hits this point as well

#29 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:37 AM

$45
Buy it or I will punch you

#30 gti443   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Just over 44 and falling... I might bite but I really want the Switch version though.