- - - - -

B2G1 Free all pre-owned games @Gamestop

Guest_superleaf444_*

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

Anyone know if this is in store as well?

Whoops just saw the answer. Disregard

#32 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

Ended up with 12 games for $42 shipped, since I knowingly avoid hot titles until they're a few years old because of this price gouging tactic.

Pls share your list of games so we can also get hooked up.

#33 mojoaoe  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

Ended up with 12 games for $42 shipped, since I knowingly avoid hot titles until they're a few years old because of this price gouging tactic.

I also wanna know the list of games.

#34 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:45 PM

Got Super Mario Odyssey, Lets Go Pikachu and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Ended up being $81.xx out of pocket shipped after I used elite pro, $7.xx in credit and the $5 gift card I got from bitmo. Roughly $27.xx including tax out of pocket for first party Switch games is good to me.

#35 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:14 AM

Are you able to use reward certs or pre owned reward certs in store, or does it screw the B2G1 up because it says "off one item" which would essentially be the free item, right?

#36 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:03 AM

Are you able to use reward certs or pre owned reward certs in store, or does it screw the B2G1 up because it says "off one item" which would essentially be the free item, right?

This is a good question.

#37 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:16 AM

Man Christmas must have hit stores around here like a truck. Not a single first party switch game within 5 stores. Before the holiday they were swimming in them.

#38 geese  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

Man Christmas must have hit stores around here like a truck. Not a single first party switch game within 5 stores. Before the holiday they were swimming in them.

I was all geared up to go to a local store to pick up three Switch games after work today; I was going through a bunch of games on the site to see which stores around me had three that I wanted in stock and everything. I made the mistake of not checking the stock later in the day, though, and when I got there after work, the store had a surprising amount of people in it (this isn't typically a busy store) and literally all of the games I wanted were gone.

I had wanted to get Breath of the Wild for a family member who received a Switch for Christmas, for example, but every single copy in all of the stores near me has disappeared throughout the day, when all of them showed it in stock this morning. Evidently more people had the day off than I thought, or a few people ran around and grabbed up all of the pricier titles.

Either way, I'm too afraid of ordering through Gamestop.com, since I've had bad luck with getting Switch games in generic cases, and a lot of people on the internet seem to have had the same experience.

#39 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

If you get three games at the same price and try to use certs, the game they get applied to turns into the free game, so you end up paying the same amount anyway and, yes, the certs are basically wasted. But if you get games at different prices, the certs are applied to the most expensive game and you can save depending on how much more expensive it is (for example, with 1 $55 and 2 $35 games, using a $20 cert would knock the $55 game down to $35 so you pay $70 for all three, but using a $25 cert would drop it to $30 and therefore make it the free game while leaving the others alone, meaning you'd still pay $70).

#40 beatums  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:10 AM

Either way, I'm too afraid of ordering through Gamestop.com, since I've had bad luck with getting Switch games in generic cases, and a lot of people on the internet seem to have had the same experience.

You can at any time take your generic case into gamestop and swap it for a legit one

#41 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:16 AM

I believe stores now ship out online orders directly. The last few times I've purchased from GS.com, I got orders from multiple locations and 1 from their main warehouse in Grapevine TX. So odds are, when all the stores opened today, they got online orders queue'd up and shipped out before opening. 

#42 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

I believe stores now ship out online orders directly. The last few times I've purchased from GS.com, I got orders from multiple locations and 1 from their main warehouse in Grapevine TX. So odds are, when all the stores opened today, they got online orders queue'd up and shipped out before opening. 

This is correct; much of the online stock gets shipped out from individual stores.  You can tell the difference based on the invoice you receive most of the time.  There's a different kind when it's shipped out from the warehouse.

#43 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:10 PM

Just picked up several 1st party titles I had meant to rebuy and a couple others since stock seemed to be vanishing very quickly. We'll see if I win the case roulette or not, but figured BOTW, SMO, Splatoon 2, Octopath Traveler, Skyrim and Hyrule Warriors for $180 was about as good of deal as I'll find. Elite Pro expires in three weeks anyway so might as well.

Now if only I could find a worthy game to pair with Captain Toad and Xenoblade Chronicles Torna expansion for the freebie I would do one more.

#44 mojoaoe  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

I got Mario kart, Mario odyssey, let’s go pikachu, Mario aces, (literally the last Mario games for miles and I’m in Chicago) and then Mario rio olympics Wii U and Def Jan battle for NY for GameCube. Thankfully my local store still has a retro section and I used two Bitmo $5 coupons. Everything ended up being around $153 plus tax and I used the 2x points coupon. Not too shabby. Already flipped the switch games to recoop some money and add the others to my collection.

#45 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3310 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Now if only I could find a worthy game to pair with Captain Toad and Xenoblade Chronicles Torna expansion for the freebie I would do one more.

Not sure if it applies to you but Torna includes a bonus expansion pass code for XC2.  So buying used, you'll probably sacrifice the DLC.   Not a big deal if you already bought it separately.

#46 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

I got Mario kart, Mario odyssey, let’s go pikachu, Mario aces, (literally the last Mario games for miles and I’m in Chicago) and then Mario rio olympics Wii U and Def Jan battle for NY for GameCube. Thankfully my local store still has a retro section and I used two Bitmo $5 coupons. Everything ended up being around $153 plus tax and I used the 2x points coupon. Not too shabby. Already flipped the switch games to recoop some money and add the others to my collection.

Did Def Jam fight for NY on GameCube have any Nintendo characters? I'm also wondering if it was free if the explicit language.

#47 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

Need to find some complete Switch games. They never go on sale, so this could be decent to start a library.

#48 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

I should have ordered the first day when Breath of the Wild was in stock.

#49 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:12 AM

Did Def Jam fight for NY on GameCube have any Nintendo characters? I'm also wondering if it was free if the explicit language.

No special characters. And The language was the same I believe.

#50 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

I should have ordered the first day when Breath of the Wild was in stock.

It's been in stock until just today I believe. Keep on checking back, probably will get restocked before the b2g1 ends Sunday.

#51 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Just picked up several 1st party titles I had meant to rebuy and a couple others since stock seemed to be vanishing very quickly. We'll see if I win the case roulette or not, but figured BOTW, SMO, Splatoon 2, Octopath Traveler, Skyrim and Hyrule Warriors for $180 was about as good of deal as I'll find. Elite Pro expires in three weeks anyway so might as well.

Dark Souls Remastered?

#52 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

Finally got a store with Zelda. Then they were OOS for Mario. Buy 2, go to other store to fix up the trio deal. Guy starts exchanging and I yell them I want to power up.

He forgets on one transaction. And when I said I wanted to use my credit and gift cards he said the system wouldn't allow him.

So instead of "saving" an extra $40, I paid for all. With GCU, I barely shop at GS, and wanted ask my credit out.

Is there a way to fix this other than complain?

#53 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

Took 3 GameStop's, but we got Smash, Let's Go Pikachu, and Kirby.

#54 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:54 AM

I’m running out of games to add to my backlog and cag16 is not gonna stack with b2g1 so I’ll pass for now

#55 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Found a store with Arms, Mario Kart 8 and Valkyria Chronicles 4 - good enough for me! 

#56 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:21 AM

Manager at another store couldn't fix my transaction. Because the first guy somehow did the exchange through a giftcard? My returns are locked to a giftcard, he told me to call corporate and see if they can help.

Jeez.

#57 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:57 AM

Was able to get smash, let’s go eevee and pokken at one store. Helped my friend out for their son’s birthday as he just got a switch yesterday. I wanted Mario Tennis instead of Pokken but the store messed up my hold for it. Oh well.