Best Buy Deal of the Day Far Cry 5 PS4 or XBox One $19.99 / $15.99 (GCU)

Got Far Cry 5 Day 1 and i definitely do not regret paying for the $100 Gold Edition, game is awesome! For $20. I'm tempted to get it on my PS4 as well

Got Far Cry 5 Day 1 and i definitely do not regret paying for the $100 Gold Edition, game is awesome! For $20. I'm tempted to get it on my PS4 as well
Wish I had enjoyed it that much. I bought gold at launch and sold the game and steelbook separately to recoup money before the first dlc came out. Hated the story to the point I couldn't enjoy the game. Which makes me sad after having done the plat for 3 4 and Primal. At least I still got Far Cry 3 classic out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had enjoyed it that much. I bought gold at launch and sold the game and steelbook separately to recoup money before the first dlc came out. Hated the story to the point I couldn't enjoy the game. Which makes me sad after having done the play for 3 4 and Primal. At least I still got Far Cry 3 classic out of it
You liked primal?

You liked primal?
It fit the far cry gameplay loop pretty well, especially with the bow and hunting. It was still my least favorite of the 3 I plat'd but i also went into it with lower expectations. Didnt hurt that I got it on sale for ~15. I'm actually considering the new Far Cry just because I enjoyed the last spin off, but if the Seeds cultist insanity is still any part of it then I will probably just skip it.

Wish I had enjoyed it that much. I bought gold at launch and sold the game and steelbook separately to recoup money before the first dlc came out. Hated the story to the point I couldn't enjoy the game. Which makes me sad after having done the play for 3 4 and Primal. At least I still got Far Cry 3 classic out of it
5 was the only far cry i actually enjoyed..
maybe you missed the part where the cult’s story is pulled from multiple cults actual beliefs. Yes far fetched for entertainment purposes but the base of the story is based in actual cult BS.

And you probably didnt like the fact that in the end you actually lost. Good guys dont always win, and they wouldnt be able to have the spin off if it did.

Side note: theres a cult about a 100 miles north of here that i swear parts of FC5 are from their crap.
Extra side note: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement
Read up on these guys, and search for their actions in the US. They are responsible for like 18-20 law enforcement murders in the past 10-12 years. Many of their beliefs are the exact same as portrayed in FC5. (With obvious entertainment embelishments added)

5 was the only far cry i actually enjoyed..
maybe you missed the part where the cult’s story is pulled from multiple cults actual beliefs. Yes far fetched for entertainment purposes but the base of the story is based in actual cult BS.

And you probably didnt like the fact that in the end you actually lost. Good guys dont always win, and they wouldnt be able to have the spin off if it did.

Side note: theres a cult about a 100 miles north of here that i swear parts of FC5 are from their crap.
No I didn't miss the cult belief part, I just didn't care for it.

I don't care about the losing in the end, it was an ok twist, but nowhere near as good as waiting around like you're told to at the beginning of 4.

Also... has your local crazy cult ever tried to recruit you or someone you know?

It was my least favorite Far Cry to date (never played the first one on PC).

The whole map felt uninspired compared to 2. 3,4/primal. And the whole cult thing was very meh. Once I finished the story I ended up selling it on eBay. Didn’t really care to finish the side quests nor unlock more skills.

bread's done
Back