* * * - - 6 votes

Playstation Classic $35.99 Target Cartwheel YMMV

#31 Holdmyown83   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Holdmyown83

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

By doing what you say, there's a possibility of them calling you out and embarrassing you in front of other customers and employees by trying to break cartwheel terms and conditions policy.
No thank you.

Well I did it with 0 issues I just know after she scanned it she said oh you are using a gift card also.

#32 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:46 PM

Well I did it with 0 issues I just know after she scanned it she said oh you are using a gift card also.

As I said there's a possibility of you wasting your time, gas and being embarrassed by a target employee.....not taking that chance here especially before an item that is not worth the extra hassle.

#33 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

I just went to my local Target and it’s $100 in store. Not sure how it’s supposed to work without Pricematch + Cartwheel, which almost all stores are wise to.

#34 Holdmyown83   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Holdmyown83

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:55 PM

As I said there's a possibility of you wasting your time, gas and being embarrassed by a target employee.....not taking that chance here especially before an item that is not worth the extra hassle.

Well I suppose then. I definitely wouldn’t be scared of a target employee hell even the people in electronics were able to price match.

#35 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

Well I suppose then. I definitely wouldn’t be scared of a target employee hell even the people in electronics were able to price match.

It's not about 'being scare of a target employee" calling you out, it's the fact that most of these stores have employees really well awared of people trying to scam the system by breaking their policy...which ultimately it will have you waste time, gas and accomplishing nothing for an item which if you think about it, it not worth it.

I guess if you must do food shopping today at Target regardless then why not give it a shot.

#36 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

Probably better off doing grocery shopping at the same time with other cartwheel deals mixed in.

#37 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

PS classic is not even out for a month and it's already this low.  I'm afraid by end of January it's gonna be like 10 bucks.

#38 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2930 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

Probably better off doing grocery shopping at the same time with other cartwheel deals mixed in.

Precisely. This and/or attach your payment type to your Target wallet app so when they scan your cartwheel it takes your payment too and the receipt prints out and you're done.

#39 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14693 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

If only this thing were actually worth anything to me. It's a great deal and I could get one easily but I just can't justify it when I have so many games to play and the NES classic systems already.

#40 iHack   1337 H4X0R CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

No dice for me, is it worth $60 tho? I’m tempted...

#41 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

A good tip, if you have REDcard, add that as payment method to your Wallet. When the barcode is scanned it will apply any Cartwheel, gift cards and REDcard payment all in one go.

Pricematching in electronics area is the best bet. I went with pricematching Amazon rather than target.com. It worked no problem. Now to return my other one from the 25% off cartwheel.

#42 Keisu  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

Current store price is $59.99 and best buy doesn't PM coupons.
Download the Cartwheel app on your phone.
Go to Cartwheel offers and search for PlayStation
Click on the offer and save the offer.
In store click the wallet and have them scan it in store.

If someone can upload a picture of their receipt, I have had bestbuy pricematch target cartwheel plenty. 

#43 Krakn3Dfx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Krakn3Dfx

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:08 PM

Never used their app coupons before, if I order something for in-store pickup, can I have them scan the coupon when I arrive to pick it up?

#44 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:13 PM

Never used their app coupons before, if I order something for in-store pickup, can I have them scan the coupon when I arrive to pick it up?

They aren't supposed to allow price matching and cartwheel - so  no, they shouldn't allow you to use cartwheel if you do in store pickup, which is why there was pushback earlier on this deal. Because it's kind of dumb because it's only going to work for people who have an employee make a mistake (and then possibly get in trouble.)

#45 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

So is it just easier to have them price match Best Buy first, then have them scan cartwheel and it should work that way?

#46 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

I don't know if this would work for me or not at mine. Have a nasty little wench who works there....keeps on screwing me over, refusing to price match, etc...She's been there forever and I know several people (myself included) have complained about here and nothing happens to her.

When I bought my first PS4...3 years ago? I bought it on a Saturday. Of course, the next day Sunday, when the new ad comes out, you get two free games with purchase. I take in my receipt and ask if I can  get the 2 free games..or return it and repurchase it. Whatever.

At first, she refuses it saying that once it has been purchased, you can't do anything more with hit. No pricematching, no free games, nothing.

Then I say, can I just return it and repurchase it? She says that it can't be done with a receipt. The PS4 must be there in the store to do that. (which is BS, I've worked 15 years in retail and you don't need the system present to do that, just the receipt). But whatever.

I then say, well, I can run home and get the ps4 and pack it back in the box and bring it in. She says no, the system won't allow it because of reasons. And once an item is open, they can't return it for any reason.

Went up to the front desk, got the store manager, they gave me the 2 free games and apologized. 

Year or so later, same lady, I tried to price match a game with Best Buy. She refused to do it saying that they don't price match Best Buy. I told her that I'd just buy it up front then. She took the game to the cashier. She stuck around watching me. I told the cashier that i wanted to price match and the cashier took the game to the front desk. The employee told the front desk to not price match it for me because we don't pricematch Best Buy. Probably new front desk employee, so they didn't do it. I got another manager involved and they did the pricematch for me.

Every time for the past year or so that I've gone there and had to get a game, she always looks at me funny and gives me attitude.

And I have the worst luck...she's always there when I go there.

#47 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:09 PM

So is it just easier to have them price match Best Buy first, then have them scan cartwheel and it should work that way?

You can try - but again they are NOT supposed to price match AND allow cartwheel REGARDLESS where you are price matching from. So you are basically hoping to find someone who doesn't know/doesn't care and will violate policy and potentially get in trouble with their employer so you can save a few bucks.

#48 shinclyde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

Sony just announced that the new MSRP is $59.99 so just wait for Target to update the MSRP

#49 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

Sony just announced that the new MSRP is $59.99 so just wait for Target to update the MSRP

smart senpai

#50 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

You can try - but again they are NOT supposed to price match AND allow cartwheel REGARDLESS where you are price matching from. So you are basically hoping to find someone who doesn't know/doesn't care and will violate policy and potentially get in trouble with their employer so you can save a few bucks.

Darn me and my wanting to collect sh*t I don't need. I have a PSTV that will play PSX games perfectly fine.  Why then would I want one of these? I'm assuming that GCU doesn't work on these doodads at Best Buy...

#51 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

I have a feeling they are going to kill it when the store price reflects MSRP.

Terms and Conditions

Not valid with Order Pickup or Drive up. Offer valid in store and online with Order Pickup and Drive Up, unless explicitly noted otherwise. Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item. Manufacturer (MFR) offers are single-use only. Each Cartwheel offer can be used for a maximum of 4 qualifying items per transaction, unless otherwise noted. Limit 1 Cartwheel barcode per transaction and 6 Cartwheel barcode transactions per day. Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or prohibited by law. Offer expires 11:59 PM PST. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Offer value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.

#52 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:56 PM

In the end I really doubt it matters much - if MSRP is now $59.99 it's only a matter of weeks before we see a $35-40 price point. It's coming folks!

#53 Zincdust   CSI: Portland CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

Bah, no-go at my local Target... but it wasn't for their lack of trying. I had three different employees (including a CSM) trying different things to price-match. The bar code wouldn't show up as valid in their price-match app, and it wouldn't even accept a manual override when the Amazon/Best Buy/Target.com site's prices were visually confirmed. The CSM agreed that something weird was happening, and all three of 'em apologized profusely and thanked me for my patience/understanding. Not a big deal. I got me some clearance garbage bags with additional Cartwheel/Red Card discounts, so it wasn't a total loss  :mrgreen:

#54 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1775 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Not a big deal. I got me some clearance garbage bags with additional Cartwheel/Red Card discounts, so it wasn't a total loss  :mrgreen:

So when you finally get that Playstation Classic, you'll have the perfect place to put it.

#55 CHEAP ASS DUDE   pearl jam CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

CHEAP ASS DUDE

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

New 59.99 price isn't live in store yet. Once it does go live the cartwheel coupon will probably be removed.

#56 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

Is there a press release for the new MSRP? Not seeing anything on the PlayStation website or Twitter.

#57 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

I'm assuming that GCU doesn't work on these doodads at Best Buy...

Of course not.  It has never worked on consoles.

#58 darkasian  

darkasian

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

I price matched the Nerf Rival Prometheus to a Walmart deal of the day, from $200 to $85, and stacked that with a buy 2 get 1 free promo. Got 3 $200 blasters for $170. I was just told, "That's how you shop." by the manager, so this deal is doable, but YMMV.

#59 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

So when you finally get that Playstation Classic, you'll have the perfect place to put it.

Exaggeration much? Lol

#60 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

Source?