* * * - - 6 votes

Playstation Classic $35.99 Target Cartwheel YMMV

#91 ck0  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:37 AM

Heh. It's a funny scenario, tho. But that's where our minds wander to the worst-case scenario when things go wrong.

We think the Target employee already knows what tricks we're about to attempt, and yells out to the crowd: "Hey everyone! Look at this guy trying to pull a fast one! For shame!" lol.

I think the funniest response to a public shaming is: "Well I never!" and then exit the premise.

I don't care about the PS Classic, BTW. Just enjoyed reading the thread.

#92 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:41 AM

No need. It was $75 one week after launch, two weeks post launch it was $50. Now it's $60 with coupons on top. I expect $50 plus stacks promos soon. All stores from Best Buy to target have 100s in stock.

Um yes there is a need. I know it can be had for less now but the distinction of whether it’s retailer sales or manufacturer price drop is important because it’s permanent

#93 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

Um yes there is a need. I know it can be had for less now but the distinction of whether it’s retailer sales or manufacturer price drop is important because it’s permanent

I get where you’re coming from. To me it’s just common sense. Every week the console keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. Even now at $60 I would bet it doesn’t come close to selling out.

#94 Jurai  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

I get where you’re coming from. To me it’s just common sense. Every week the console keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. Even now at $60 I would bet it doesn’t come close to selling out.

Store I went by earlier for some Christmas clearance had a nearly full display case still

#95 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

This is gonna be the next PlayStation TV. Clearanced down to hell and then years later, will become expensive. I might get a 2nd one if need be

#96 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

I don't know if this would work for me or not at mine. Have a nasty little wench who works there....keeps on screwing me over, refusing to price match, etc...She's been there forever and I know several people (myself included) have complained about here and nothing happens to her.

When I bought my first PS4...3 years ago? I bought it on a Saturday. Of course, the next day Sunday, when the new ad comes out, you get two free games with purchase. I take in my receipt and ask if I can  get the 2 free games..or return it and repurchase it. Whatever.

At first, she refuses it saying that once it has been purchased, you can't do anything more with hit. No pricematching, no free games, nothing.

Then I say, can I just return it and repurchase it? She says that it can't be done with a receipt. The PS4 must be there in the store to do that. (which is BS, I've worked 15 years in retail and you don't need the system present to do that, just the receipt). But whatever.

I then say, well, I can run home and get the ps4 and pack it back in the box and bring it in. She says no, the system won't allow it because of reasons. And once an item is open, they can't return it for any reason.

Went up to the front desk, got the store manager, they gave me the 2 free games and apologized. 

Year or so later, same lady, I tried to price match a game with Best Buy. She refused to do it saying that they don't price match Best Buy. I told her that I'd just buy it up front then. She took the game to the cashier. She stuck around watching me. I told the cashier that i wanted to price match and the cashier took the game to the front desk. The employee told the front desk to not price match it for me because we don't pricematch Best Buy. Probably new front desk employee, so they didn't do it. I got another manager involved and they did the pricematch for me.

Every time for the past year or so that I've gone there and had to get a game, she always looks at me funny and gives me attitude.

And I have the worst luck...she's always there when I go there.

Have a spine and learn how to subtly condescend and embarrass crappy employees like that. 

#97 Jurai  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

This is gonna be the next PlayStation TV. Clearanced down to hell and then years later, will become expensive. I might get a 2nd one if need be

Doubtful, plenty of alternatives to this, pstv with jailbreak meanwhile is the best way to play Vita on a tv

#98 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

Fired? Don't you think that's a bit extreme when you're tying to exploit the actual deal?
Maybe you should be banned for life from Target.

How is it an exploit if the system allows it? I'm just using the Wallet via their app. Am I not supposed to use a coupon if they accept it?

#99 Jurai  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

How is it an exploit if the system allows it? I'm just using the Wallet via their app. Am I not supposed to use a coupon if they accept it?

Literally no Target employee is being fired for just doing their job, people here love to act like they are

#100 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Got lucky and found a "repackage" with a $70 price tag.  40% cartwheel worked no problem and took it down to $40 with redcard.

The funny thing is I think it was the exact same unit I returned brand new to that store a few days ago.  Completely new inside, just opened outer box.  They must have a policy to open and check console returns and sell as repackaged.  Saved me $60.

#101 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

Went in and got mine price matched and scanned cartwheel. Guy was like one or the other. Said system allows both. Went and did it. His eyes grew and said damn going to gave to get one now!

#102 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3886 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:01 AM

Doubtful, plenty of alternatives to this, pstv with jailbreak meanwhile is the best way to play Vita on a tv

A PSP runs PS1 games better than this piece of shit. 

#103 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

A PSP runs PS1 games better than this piece of shit. 

It sure does

#104 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

That's what I was thinking. It would be cool to have one of these, but I have four PSTVs. One standalone unit, and three bundles. I need to get around to modding my standalone unit.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#105 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

That's what I was thinking. It would be cool to have one of these, but I have four PSTVs. One standalone unit, and three bundles. I need to get around to modding my standalone unit.

I’ve owned two vitas. Saw the TV fire sale everywhere years back. And now they’re quite expensive. Never picked one up because I could never see myself playing it. Hell I own about 30 vita games and half are still sealed.

#106 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

I'm tempted but there are so many easier ways to play ps1 games.

#107 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

I’ve owned two vitas. Saw the TV fire sale everywhere years back. And now they’re quite expensive. Never picked one up because I could never see myself playing it. Hell I own about 30 vita games and half are still sealed.

I completely understand. I have two Vitas as well. I recently started going back and playing older titles. I recently bought Nier (PS3) for $22/new after missing out on local copy for $10...grr. I always wanted the White PSTV, but I'm definitely not getting one now.

#108 screamer2050   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

screamer2050

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

can someone post receipt screenshot when successful, need for citi price rewind. thanks!

#109 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

Doesn't this not even come with a power cable? Who's idea was that? I'll just play MGS and FFVII on my PS3 and save myself the money.

#110 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

Doesn't this not even come with a power cable? Who's idea was that? I'll just play MGS and FFVII on my PS3 and save myself the money.

It was likely Sony's idea to cut costs by using the same units across multiple regions.  The entire thing is an example of when cutting costs goes wrong.

#111 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

Anyone tried this today with luck? Was going to go in about 2/3 hours if so. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#112 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

Anyone tried this today with luck? Was going to go in about 2/3 hours if so. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried yet, might do that after work today.

But I would think it would work. Reason being that it is showing flat out $60 on sale on the app. So I'd assume that the stores would have the price labeled at $60 on sale, and then the cartwheel coupon was still there an hour or so ago.

If that's the case, then no pricematching needed, and no trying to get around the rules.

#113 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

The price on the app has been updated to $59.99 and no longer says see price in cart. The cartwheel offer is still there as well!

#114 CHEAP ASS DUDE   pearl jam CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

CHEAP ASS DUDE

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

According to slickdeals it still rings up at 99.99 in store.

#115 Dave4282   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

lol this thing isn’t even worth $35...save your money people

#116 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

No go at my local Target. 

The sales associate was very nice but explained to me that the online price is there because the Cartwheel deal typically can't be added online. I asked her specifically if I could get the price matched in store and then apply the offer and she said no. 

So this is very much YMMV but kudos to those who can nab it. 

#117 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

lol this thing isn’t even worth $35...save your money people

The modding for this, coupled with the authentic controllers, makes this worth about 30-40 bucks to me personally. 

That said, this thing flopped HARD so I suspect we'll see it hitting even cheaper pricing relatively soon.  

#118 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

I stopped over to my local Target because I needed something else and decided to talk to the guy in the electronics department about price matching.

He immediately knew about the cartwheel stacking on top of a price match and rang me out.

Just depends on the employee I guess.

#119 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

According to slickdeals it still rings up at 99.99 in store.

I can confirm this personally and it's not going to change. 

At least not before the offer expires. 

#120 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

I stopped over to my local Target because I needed something else and decided to talk to the guy in the electronics department about price matching.

He immediately knew about the cartwheel stacking on top of a price match and rang me out.

Just depends on the employee I guess.

So apparently the system lets them do it BUT they can opt to deny it. 

I wonder if Target corporate sent out a memo about this. 

Clearly they don't want people getting this for 35 buck. 

That's cool that you got one however. :)