* * * - - 6 votes

Playstation Classic $35.99 Target Cartwheel YMMV

#211 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5087 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:34 AM

Cartwheel offer is dead if you didn’t add it as of yesterday. I was able to grab this with a PM at the electronics counter tonight (had added the cart wheel coupon a few days ago). Came out to $36 ... still not convinced it’s worth even that but figured buy now and watch what this thing does over the next 30 days. Good deal OP ... don’t get all the whining about ethics in this thread, this is CAG. We look for deals, glitches, etc ... it’s what makes this site what it is ... and valuable.

#212 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4531 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:04 AM

Spoiler

Actually scratch all that.  Give me a good reason not to put you on ignore (for perpetuating bullshit).

That is your choice. You can have your opinions and I can have mine. I believe the topic has been discussed to death.

#213 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:12 AM

All I got from the cashier at my target was 'You really got a good deal', we're not doing anything wrong...they need move these suckers.

#214 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

Like many of you guys I had convinced myself I didn't want this anymore only a week ago. But $35 was too good to pass up, so I hit up Target today as I had already activated the cartwheel coupon a few days ago just in case I convinced myself otherwise.

The first Target I went to was a bust. When I asked for it, right away the employee turned around and asked you're price matching aren't you. He made me take it up to customer service and they were firm about not honoring the price match and cartwheel even though I grabbed quite a few other things. Everything I had grabbed had a cartwheel discount but the employee specifically made sure the PlayStation wasn't getting a double discount and denied me.

I had to go out again anyway later so I tried another Target. The guy in electronics rang me up and did it no problem. He was super friendly was excited someone was finally buying a PlayStation classic.

Honestly I was surprised that they were so Vigilant at the first Target cuz normally it's never a problem to sneak in a price match and cartwheel double dip. I bet some asshole came in earlier trying to buy 5 or 10 or something and raised some Flags. Either that or a bunch of people came in attempting to do it today and all got denied with just the console. Either way I thought it was kind of weird cuz this thing is so clearly destined for the clearance bin I can't really imagine it being so in demand the people are running out in droves to buy it, even for a third of its suggested price.

Anyway I'm glad I got one successfully. Seeing these deals and hunting them down is way more fun than actually playing the games sometimes. Good to see so many people here actually managed to get one as well.

#215 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2060 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Grabbed the last one on the shelf last night. Cartwheel was still saved in my offers and it still worked...had no issues buying the console only back in the electronics.

#216 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Could I use the coupon again If I already used the coupon yesterday but it still shows up on muy phone?

#217 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6703 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

I know this thread is mainly dead but hopefully someone will see this. I am looking for some help/advice in modding my PSTV for homebrew and stuff. It's been a while since I modded anything and just want to ask a few questions to someone who has some experience with the PSTV modding. If anyone is able to help please send me a PM. Thanks.

#218 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

I can confirm that PMing from a 3rd party source (like Amazon or Best Buy) and then using Target wallet with the Cartwheel deal presaved works: went to three separate Targets and all went through without a hitch. Plan on keeping one, giving one as a gift to my wife’s nephews and using one as a White Elephant gift. Also nabbed some 70% off Christmas clearance stuff and the collectors edition of Stranger Things S1 on Blu-Ray for $8 ($10 + 20% off Cartwheel coupon, also expiring today).

#219 Deadman31   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Deadman31

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:02 AM

I just price matched off target.com and then had lady scan my cartwheel and everything went fine although for some reason (I don’t mean this disrespectfully but cashier was Chinese) she started loudly saying that’s not right while simultaneously getting my receipt and bagging my system. Nothing came if it but it was odd.