NBA Playgrounds 2 - Switch -$14.99 @ GameStop

theghost4413

CAGiversary!
It's on sale for all systems but for me this is the sweet spot. Pick it up and the unlock for all characters for $10 more. It's $5 cheaper that way than the original price of $29.99.

Same price at Amazon since yesterday too

https://www.amazon.com/Nba-2K-Playgrounds-2-PlayStation-4/dp/B07H47N89J/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1545840570&sr=8-2&keywords=2k+playgrounds

lt's not as bad as reviews I've seen.  It's better from the start than the prior one.  YouTubers and such have been going off about how it's a money grab and the first one was way better.  The first one was also a huge grind and had the roster unlock feature for $10 too.  I actually like the season mode in this one better than the tournament mode in the 1st one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same price at Amazon since yesterday too

https://www.amazon.com/Nba-2K-Playgrounds-2-PlayStation-4/dp/B07H47N89J/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1545840570&sr=8-2&keywords=2k+playgrounds

lt's not as bad as reviews I've seen. It's better from the start than the prior one. YouTubers and such have been going off about how it's a money grab and the first one was way better. The first one was also a huge grind and had the roster unlock feature for $10 too. I actually like the season mode in this one better than the tournament mode in the 1st one.
I agree. If you're willing to pay the extra $10 it does make the game.more dynamic. I have really been enjoying it overall. The season mode is actually a lot of fun. Totally happy with this purchase. The perfect game on Switch.

Thanks.  Perfect use for my $15 Twitch Prime GTA V credit.  They took off the credit before tax so I didn't have to pay a cent.

Didn't realize you can unlock all characters for $10.  Lousy of them to even keep them behind a paywall but it beats grinding for days.

If you didnt like the first one, you likely won't like this, sadly
Played it with my kids tonight and had fun. Maybe it's all in my head. I played the first one on game pass over the summer and just wasn't feeling the controls. Shot meter and rebounding seem much more responsive to me. Game feels slower, which I don't like, but the controls are tight.

The grind is real in this game, though. You only start out with like 10-12 players and the payouts for winning games is stingy.

Played it with my kids tonight and had fun. Maybe it's all in my head. I played the first one on game pass over the summer and just wasn't feeling the controls. Shot meter and rebounding seem much more responsive to me. Game feels slower, which I don't like, but the controls are tight.

The grind is real in this game, though. You only start out with like 10-12 players and the payouts for winning games is stingy.
The controls felt the same to me. The only difference to me was the single player mode and the way card packs are distributed. I like it better to save my points for gold packs rather than be given a bronze pack at each new level like the first one. In that game, you had to play until level 50 to get a gold pack each time. I had to log 40 hours to unlock the whole roster

I don’t mind...I mean I just play a season and buy a gold pack....in the first threee packs I had a legendary epic western and eastern conferences team so I was happy starting off like that

It’s fun, but it’s like a mature nba jam . I don’t see too many online matches lately

Anyone else?

I don’t play online, but so have fun playing season mode and buying bronze and silver packs. Building up my coins. Maybe I’ll spend the 5,000 to unlock everyone if so ever reach it. Never tried online as I don’t have the NSO service. I picked this up for switch when Best Buy had it for $20.

bread's done
Back