Call of Cthulu ps4/xbox1 - $29.99 @ amazon

Took me about 6ish hours to finish this and I wouldn’t recommend it for this price. No reason to replay it and nothing about it was very memorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me about 6ish hours to finish this and I wouldn’t recommend it for this price. No reason to replay it and nothing about it was very memorable.
That's odd - the IGN review gave it an 8.6 and said it was around 15 hours to complete, as well as being very atmospheric/engrossing and that the narrative branch changes significantly based on what skills you focus on for your main character and that the story kept him really engaged.

I'm in for one, thanks!

That's odd - the IGN review gave it an 8.6 and said it was around 15 hours to complete, as well as being very atmospheric/engrossing and that the narrative branch changes significantly based on what skills you focus on for your main character and that the story kept him really engaged.

I'm in for one, thanks!
Well this is the first time I’ve ever heard of IGN being wrong , maybe they plagiarized their review from someone that didn’t actually play the game because it was a 6/10 at best .

the IGN review seemed to be more positive than the others

i bought it at gamestop for this price the other day, still haven't played it

Took me about 15-20 hours to do everything in this game for the full 1000G. If you run through it without looking for all the secrets and trying for the different endings, you'll only get half that time. But shit, if I'm spending $50 on a game, you bet your ass I'm gonna do everything I possibly can. It looks like shit visually but if you're even vaguely interested in the Cthulhu mythos, this is a good price.

DvjB9EIWoAAbRBu.jpg

Totally going for the trade-in price.

ACG on YouTube is probably the best video reviewer. Otherwise I just use metacritic or no reviews at all.
I honestly don’t know how ACG gets through as many games as he does, especially with his reviews running longer than most of the mainstream gaming outlets. If I had to keep that sort of pace, I would be burned out in a matter of months. Great for those of us looking for the hot take though.

ACG on YouTube is probably the best video reviewer. Otherwise I just use metacritic or no reviews at all.
Karak (ACG) is fantastic. Not sure what his background is but in addition to the reviews of the games themselves he has some legit understanding of sound processing and graphic effects/systems, to say nothing of his incredible idioms.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will get so much cheaper in the next few months. Definitely not worth it at $30.
I watched a dude play through it and thought it was rather interesting. He made some choices I wouldn't have but I thought it was interesting enough for a purchase to see the other outcomes. On top of that I had $10 in bing rewards, so for just under $22 I think it is worth it.

bread's done
Back